Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sith

Hello Games now under investigation

http://qz.com/796101/no-mans-sky-is-being-investigated-in-the-uk-for-false-advertising/

TL;DR Goodbye Games is being investigated by a federal bureau in the UK after multiple accusations of false marketing/advertising. Valve is also getting some of this for allowing a broken product to be sold on their medium.

In my opinion, I hope they get buttfucked. Hopefully with this investigation, both Valve and Hello Games will be held accountable for their shady business practices and in turn force upon them some sort of compensation for their consumer base.

I did hear about this, and I personally think it's hilarious. I was one of many who was hyped for the game to be released and wasn't too impressed. Hopefully they can either just compensate for it or actually fix their shit by adding it in.

So if an EA or Ubisoft game comes out that doesn't have as much hype as No Man's Sky it's cool if it's falsely advertised? 

3 hours ago, Moosin said:

So if an EA or Ubisoft game comes out that doesn't have as much hype as No Man's Sky it's cool if it's falsely advertised? 

Well if you're really wanting an answer, some specifics would be nice like "What are you actually talking about"

Seriously, the game was overhyped and I told all my friends not to buy it, too bad they did and regret it. It looks so bad.

1 hour ago, Sith said:

Well if you're really wanting an answer, some specifics would be nice like "What are you actually talking about"

Yeah, Ubisoft has skimped out before, but the game they advertise contains most, if not all, of the features that they market.

No Man's Sky legit didn't include 60-70% of what they promised. Most of these Ubisoft games do indeed fulfill their promise, just not in the way that we expected, or what they initially advertised.

52 minutes ago, Sith said:

Yeah, Ubisoft has skimped out before, but the game they advertise contains most, if not all, of the features that they market.

No Man's Sky legit didn't include 60-70% of what they promised. Most of these Ubisoft games do indeed fulfill their promise, just not in the way that we expected, or what they initially advertised.

Ah. Got it. I didn't really look into how much content No Man's Sky lacked.

The situation with the false advertising was certainly unfortunate; I'm thinking since this is their first offense they should be given some time to implement the features that they promised and refund a portion of their profits, and if they fail to do that, then refund should be given and fees applied to the companies. If it happens again though, there's every reason to give them hell.