Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sith

Pepe got memed

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/anti-defamation-league-declares-pepe-the-frog-a-hate-symbol/ar-BBwI999?li=BBnbfcL

TL;DR Because some people use pepe in ways that offends social justice warriors (AKA the ADL), pepe is now offensive. Cause they told us so, so I guess it is? They're a league afterall, so they must have authority.

Lol you srs

FeelsBadMan

This story is literally on the front page of CNN right now.  Also wanted to note that Hillary has a page on her official campaign website that says a green cartoon frog is a symbol of white supremacy.  It also highlights at one point where Trump's official twitter account retweeted a pepe rendition of Donald Trump.  All we need now is Trump to come out and explain that Pepe is not a symbol of white nationalism.  The fact that memes are campaign issues is ludicrous but really shows how internet culture has changed the nature of the political landscape.

6kz6QYp.jpg

The ADL must have absolutely nothing better to do in order to "declare a popular Internet meme depicting a cartoon frog" offensive. 

And now that I think about it I guess CNN has nothing better to do than report it. 

its like old people are charged with writing, editing, publishing, and all other facets of media creation so they have no concept of the things they put out.