Sign in to follow this  
MountainJew

Forum Chat

4 minutes ago, Zip said:

we used to have a shoutbox..

Till fuckin @Kordless promised us the sky and the earth but couldn't deliver a fraction of what he said he could give us. Just like all of my ex's FeelsBadMan

Edited by Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV
i cant wait for kordless to come back and see the thousands of pings we've left for him since he left, all filled with sarcasm and hate

2 hours ago, FreeLancer said:

HI  

-snip-

Is this how you get a free post

On the topic, i like the idea but im not sure what is required to get something like that to work or if the software this site runs on supports it

Edited by Moosin

16 hours ago, Lv. 100 Crobat said:

@Kordless bring back shoutbox pls

Fix your sig you bastard.

And also I do miss the shout box. Think it should be brought back regardless of discord

Ooooh, a shoutbox, that sounds pretty neat. Although.. Discord itself is also really efficient with having it's own app and what not. Maybe like discord/ts when playing games, and shoutbox for people that use the forums a lot? Idk that's just my two cents. I feel like something should point new forum members towards one of the two instead of them scouring the site so they can be more involved *ahem* like me *ahem* hahaha

On 9/18/2016 at 10:45 PM, MistaChang said:

We have a discord channel..  we use it as a shoutbox!

On 9/20/2016 at 6:33 PM, MountainJew said:

Why no more shoutbox?

Staff took it down to force discord on us

Nowhere near as convenient

Edited by Velo

5 minutes ago, Velo said:

Staff took it down to force discord on us

Nowhere near as convenient

Staff took it down because it was lagging the fuck out of the site after we upgraded to the newest version of IPB.

If the dev of the shoutbox app got his shit together and fixed the issues, it would probably be put back on.

On 9/23/2016 at 3:09 PM, ctark said:

Staff took it down because it was lagging the fuck out of the site after we upgraded to the newest version of IPB.

If the dev of the shoutbox app got his shit together and fixed the issues, it would probably be put back on.

we built an app system, why not build a shoutbox system?

1 hour ago, cookie eater said:

we built an app system, why not build a shoutbox system?

a few php pages to selectively pull information from a local database, and a whole 'shoutbox system' are two, very, very different things.

If a developer who gets paid to make apps for forums can't figure out a way to optimize the code, as talented as our ENG's are, I don't think they can, either.

There is talk about trying to incorporate a discord widget, but that is still a ways off, if it's even possible / worthwhile.