Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sith

Dash cams

Finally back in college, and there are too many kiddies driving around with fucking mommy and daddy's gift car cause they're spoiled fucking children. I live in a no-fault state (god bless Michigan) and I nearly totaled my car twice today because of some downs syndrome freshman coming off the Lodge. SO, I need a dash cam for sure. Anyone here driving with one? And if so, do they have one they'd recommend? I'm willing to pay up to $150 for it.

Thanks fam

I can get a recommendation from a good friend of mine who has one but from what ive heard you can get them pretty cheap. You dont need to get the most expensive ones but if you really want to you can. After checking a couple sites and amazon I found this one which has really good reviews. Link.  Before you get one though look at some footage people post from the specific dash cams. This way you can see how they perform in an accident and the quality. GL.

My dad got one a while ago, no idea the make or model though. I been thinking about getting one because I found that people are actually retarded

I'm using the Thinkware x500.

It's not amazing but the video quality is good. The PC software is pretty shit and the extra features (collision detection, lane departure warning) are obnoxious. I always keep them disabled.

Ignore anyone who recommends this one.

On September 6, 2016 at 6:22 PM, fps_trucka said:

I can get a recommendation from a good friend of mine who has one but from what ive heard you can get them pretty cheap. You dont need to get the most expensive ones but if you really want to you can. After checking a couple sites and amazon I found this one which has really good reviews. Link.  Before you get one though look at some footage people post from the specific dash cams. This way you can see how they perform in an accident and the quality. GL.

I ended up grabbing the cam you suggested. Other than its manual consisting of entirely broken english, it performs well! Thanks fam.

19 hours ago, Sith said:

I ended up grabbing the cam you suggested. Other than its manual consisting of entirely broken english, it performs well! Thanks fam.

I've been looking around too with all these retards texting and driving lately. I drive 5 miles round trip to and from work (round trip) and have a close call at least once a week. I take it you have to turn that thing on and off manually every time you get in the car? 

Edit: I should have just read it. Looks like it is turned on and off with accy power through cig lighters. Mine are always on, looks like i'll be setting up a relay circuit for one of these.

2 hours ago, Velo said:

I've been looking around too with all these retards texting and driving lately. I drive 5 miles round trip to and from work (round trip) and have a close call at least once a week. I take it you have to turn that thing on and off manually every time you get in the car? 

Edit: I should have just read it. Looks like it is turned on and off with accy power through cig lighters. Mine are always on, looks like i'll be setting up a relay circuit for one of these.

I just unplug the camera whenever I leave the car for more than 20 minutes so I don't stress my barrery. Jump back in the car, plug it back in. ezpz

10 minutes ago, Sith said:

I just unplug the camera whenever I leave the car for more than 20 minutes so I don't stress my barrery. Jump back in the car, plug it back in. ezpz

LOL i'm forgetful and I don't own a jump box. I'll just tap in to my radio's accessory power wire and install a relay so it doesn't stress the circuit and just install one of those DIY universal cig lighter assemblies you get from autozone or salvos. That way it can be easily reverted back to factory if I ever decide to sell the truck.

1 minute ago, Velo said:

LOL i'm forgetful and I don't own a jump box. I'll just tap in to my radio's accessory power wire and install a relay so it doesn't stress the circuit and just install one of those DIY universal cig lighter assemblies you get from autozone or salvos.

Or you can be an actual man and do that.

I have at least 3 close calls on the way to work (10 minute trip) and San Antonio. It's like nobody knows how to drive. My problem is that I work ~5PM to 2AM and need something that can see well in low-light. I can't find footage on this camera though.