Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ironic

Internet Issues

So lately this past week I've been having some stupid internet issues, and I don't understand how it's working like this and what's causing it.

Before I get started, I'll let you know I already have super bad internet. Living in the woods, I get the pleasure of having AT&T Uverse (which is already pretty bad) and it's only 3 Mbps......

Now into what's been going on.

This past week, my internet has been acting very weird. It always says that I'm connected, but most of the time I can't browse the Internet, or check snapchat and such. It will either be stuck on the loading screen, or say I don't have any connection, which is false of course.

Sometimes the Internet works fine, but whenever I get like a snapchat I can't load it or send something through my wifi.

Lastly, most of the time on my computer I can't load a browser, but I can still play online games like CSGO, I just can't view much of anything from steam that requires some sort of browser. 

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this issue? Or should I just try to get in contact with AT&T? Yes, I've reset it MULTIPLE times, that doesn't really work though. Thanks in advanced for any responses/tips.

Edit: I just talked to my mom, dad, and brother about all this, and they know I've been having internet issues, but apparently I'm the only one...... I checked to see if my brother could load YouTube on his phone, and he could, but I couldn't with both my phone and computer......

I use to have AT&T, and the provider is most of the time fine. Usually I would unplug everything for 10 minutes and then just plug it back in. Your phone and computer, I would recommend you keep it off for 10 minutes too. My advice to you is that :)

10 hours ago, spiderpigrider said:

I use to have AT&T, and the provider is most of the time fine. Usually I would unplug everything for 10 minutes and then just plug it back in. Your phone and computer, I would recommend you keep it off for 10 minutes too. My advice to you is that :)

Tried that last night, doesn't seem to have helped. 

8 hours ago, driz said:

honestly, the fact that you can play cs (ip based) but you can't browse shit (dns) it sounds like a dns issue, especially considering you are the only one with an issue

change your DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

https://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/how-to-change-your-dns-windows-10

Thank you so much! This has seemed to fix my internet issue on my computer.

13 hours ago, Swed said:

You could wrap your traffic in a VPN to see if your provider is throttling traffic from certain ports.

@driz sensei pls give your wisdom

I don't know if this is exactly what you meant, but I decided to throw on Betternet (an app on my phone that I use to give me a VPN and I can access anything that is blocked from my school wifi and etc.) and I realized that my internet works perfect with my phone, when using it. Do you know why this is and how I could possibly fix it? 

Edit: I looked up a thread on Apple support and someone said to change my wifi's DNS on my phone to 4.2.2.4

So I did that. We'll see if it helps.

Edit #2: Nevermind, changing my DNS on my IPhone didn't work.