Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

redlydead

mouse macrose

i know that keyboard macros are not allowed but me  and several other people were wondering if mouse macros are allowed and by that i mean like side buttons on ur mouse that u can bind to anything u want 

What do you mean? using programs like autohotkey and such aren't allowed, i believe this is covered under the "scripting" rule.  But you should be more then welcome to bind commands to your keys or your mouse using console in CSGO.  You can even make these do multiple commands at once using things like "Alias" or just bind and separate the commands it does with ";".  

I believe the line is drawn when there is a delay function involved (like autohotkey), where you can do something like semi-fire at a constant rate, or spam spacebar at a certain rate without pressing the key yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJBTEvYZFP8

There is nothing wrong with binding a keypress to a mouse button. For example, if your mouse software allows you keybind the "jump" function to "mouse_button 5" then you are well within your right to do so. Don't mistake keybinding with a multi-input macro.

It tends to be risky in most games that have anti-cheat software of any kind to use multi-input macros. Many of these anti-cheat softwares can identify a multi-input macro as botting since you are, in essence, using a single keypress to execute multiple commands. That is where the line tends to be drawn between what is allowable and what is not.

In essence, keybinding one input to another input is okay. Using a single keypress to execute multiple commands is not.

If I am incorrect, please feel free to correct me.

Macros is taken as automation.

Pressing a button to do multiple commands not possible for a human to do consistently at once is macroing/scripting and not allowed.

Binding mouse buttons for using your ultimate or ability in war3 is allowed. Binding keys to do shop/admin commands is allowed. Binding your mouse wheel to jump once on +mwheelup/down is allowed.

6 minutes ago, Swed said:

Pressing a button to do multiple commands not possible for a human to do consistently at once is macroing/scripting and not allowed.

What do you mean by this? making a bind that does multiple things?  ie(bind j "slot 2;drop") which would switch to your pistol and drop it?  or what about admin scripts? like (alias warday "sm_say Starting setup...; sm_respawn @dead; sm_sethealth @all 100; sm_freeze @t -1; sm_strip @t") which at the press of a button or typing "warday" in console can do all of those commands at once.

Then with all that would you consider these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8_X5_3iHg4 to be off limits?  Most of these just help with UI and other elements that could just be tedious to the game and don't really have much skill to them.

Say I want to buy a gun, drop it for a teammate, and then rebuy the same gun. Normally this would require you to go into the shop to buy it, then press the "drop" key, and then open the shop to rebuy. (This is based on my knowledge of CS:S, not CS:Go. If things have changed with CS:Go please disregard this.)

To make a macro of it, I could use my keyboard software to make a macro to do the following: When I press M1 -> Open shop, buy specific gun, switch to gun #x, drop gun, open shop, rebuy previous.

The above is an example of something that is not allowed. If all you're doing is moving, showing, or hiding elements of the UI you aren't performing any in-game actions. From the video, the ones that I would find questionable are the "jump smoke", "buy and drop for teammate" and "faster grenade pull" ones. Others may have a different opinion of what's allowable and what's not so I'll leave a solid decision up to someone who is staff.

This is just my interpretation.

2 hours ago, Revöker said:

What do you mean by this? making a bind that does multiple things?  ie(bind j "slot 2;drop") which would switch to your pistol and drop it?  or what about admin scripts? like (alias warday "sm_say Starting setup...; sm_respawn @dead; sm_sethealth @all 100; sm_freeze @t -1; sm_strip @t") which at the press of a button or typing "warday" in console can do all of those commands at once.

Then with all that would you consider these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8_X5_3iHg4 to be off limits?  Most of these just help with UI and other elements that could just be tedious to the game and don't really have much skill to them.

Way to cherry pick my post. I specifically exempt admin command binds. Using commands to buy shop items or guns is allowed as it simply shortens the time to do something that a player could do without impact on another player.

Scripts and macros that are not allowed are those that allow a player to do something a player could not do consistently. For example, auto-hopping, firing perfectly at a set interval, are malicious in nature in that they do not represent the skill of the player.

These malicious types are not allowed on our server in any form.