Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheAceVirus

New headset?

Currently i am using the Razer Kraken Pro headset, and i am really enjoying them. Ive had them for a LONG time now and am considering getting  a new pair. Should i just get a new pair of Razer's or are there any other better options for gaming headsets. (PS i dont want headphones that will like give me a headache after a while from using them.) 

I have SteelSeries Prism Elites right now and I've had them for a little more than a year. They work fine but they're a bit bulky. Oh and I can't update drivers. rip 

not worth the $200 i spent

I have a pair of Audio Technica ATH-AD500Xs. They're probably the best headphones that I've ever owned for gaming and at around $70 I'd say that puts it well in the territory of best sub-$100 headphones, IMO. They're super comfortably and come with soft padding, but you can get them swapped out for leather or velour as well. Be warned though, they are open back and not everyone like open back headphones.
You can pair them with an Antlion Modmic 4 if you want the headset form factor, it'll use two 1/8 inch plugs with the Modmic, or if you detach the mic it'd be only one if you wanted to take them on the go.
I personally pair mine with a more expensive mic setup, but not everyone is willing to drop $300 on mic equipment.

2 hours ago, shikaku158 said:

Are these durable and overall a good sound boost over an average turtle beach? I want these for PC and my friend is trying to decide between these and a turtle beach set to use on both pc and ps4

5 hours ago, shikaku158 said:

This. They come with a toggleable virtual surround, are super ultra comfy (and come with both leather and fabric ear covers) and $100

2 hours ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Are these durable and overall a good sound boost over an average turtle beach? I want these for PC and my friend is trying to decide between these and a turtle beach set to use on both pc and ps4

Your average turtle beach has both awful sound quality and poor mic output. I've had my Hyper X cloud II's for about 6 months so far. I've had no issue with these and I think they're compatible with both PC and PS4 (i'd double check though.)  As for sound boost, I have no problem identifying footstep location or gunfire. 10/10 with rice