Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trav

Blue Lives Murder

3 hours ago, Travesty said:

Is that cause you know many cops who are nothing like that? lol

I think you're reading the wrong post. See the post above Goldentongue because I'm not even referring to the comedian any longer. You clearly haven't even read the whole thread.

Until you go through an academy, experience scenarios cops go through or actually be a cop you can not talk like you know things. Have you shot someone before? Do you fear for you life everyday? Do you think "hm I wonder if someone will assassinate me someday? Does your family worry for you? Do you have a daughter asking "Is daddy/mommy going to be okay?"

No? Okay then. I'm done here.

Also Re-read my early post please. Knowing cops isn't the only reason.

I understand that cool these are jokes. But there are some things you don't joke about in a public setting. Especially at times like now where cop assassinations are a daily thing for some fucked up reason.

Edit: Yes I am referring to the OP and some comments after.

28 minutes ago, Arctic Freeze said:

Until you gov through an academy, experience scenarios cops go through or actually be a cop you can not talk like you know things. Have you shot someone before? Do you fear for you life everyday? Do you think "hm I wonder if someone will assassinate me someday? Does your family worry for you? Do you have a daughter asking "Is daddy/mommy going to be okay?"

Lol you're clearly stuck on one topic and now just being silly, clearly without reading anything in the thread yet haha.

Now let me rephrase your question as if you were a person in the poor black community:

Until you live in a very poor black neighborhood, experience scenarios poor black men and women go through or actually be a poor black man you can not talk like you know things. Have you shot someone before? Do you fear for you life everyday? Do you think "hm I wonder if someone will assassinate me someday? Does your family worry for you? Do you have a daughter asking "Is daddy/mommy going to be okay?"

The same argument could be made the exact same way. Which is kinda funny because this is exactly what David Cross did when he was comparing what cops want with 'Blue Lives Matter' compared to the 'Black Lives Matter' movement.

I found a new link and timestamped it for ya.

"And you know I think it's important -- I'm being sincere -- that we acknowledge, all of us, that there are plenty of good, decent, ethical and very brave cops that put their lives on the line every day and they don't appreciate being painted with this broad brush as being, you know, violent predators, you know? Just because of the actions of a minority of their brothers. They don't like being stereotyped so that when you just see Blue, and you just think, Oh violent thug. They don't appreciate it."

I understand that cool these are jokes. But there are some things you don't joke about in a public setting.

There are literally no things you can't joke about.

9 minutes ago, MistaChang said:

@Arctic Freeze poverty does not discriminate based on the colour of your skin. 

Lol have I ever said it does? My parents don't have a dime to their name. They've lost 2 houses. Yet they still get by because they work for it. I never said poverty is only one race. I stated that you can not talk like you know what people go through until you are in their shoes. It is not a race issue and it is not a bias issue. It is a media issue. If the media would stop showing things and stop caring about how many views they get the world would be a less hateful and disgusting place. Jokes are jokes but when you have people who don't understand that these are jokes it causes problems.

3 hours ago, Arctic Freeze said:

I understand that cool these are jokes. But there are some things you don't joke about in a public setting. Especially at times like now where cop assassinations are a daily thing for some fucked up reason.

You realize cop deaths are actually down below the average of the last few decades? Its the media trying to depict a war on cops and taking away from the legitimacy of what black lives matter is trying to say. Also your post above about whites getting killed in higher numbers than blacks by cops is stupid because theres also roughly 5 times as many whites as blacks in the US.

18 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

You realize cop deaths are actually down below the average of the last few decades? Its the media trying to depict a war on cops and taking away from the legitimacy of what black lives matter is trying to say. Also your post above about whites getting killed in higher numbers than blacks by cops is stupid because theres also roughly 5 times as many whites as blacks in the US.

Statistically no. http://www.vocativ.com/369058/2016-deadly-year-cops/

That article is using data from the FBI database. 

And if you actually do math there are more white people being shot even if you take in account African American being a minority.

Also BLM is a fucking joke now. How about All lives matter would've been better if that caught on over the movement that only cares about one race.

People could use facts instead of just saying "Oh you are wrong. That's not how it happened." But you choose not to for some reason.

This post has officially become people with opinions vs people using actual facts. You should probably not name a post "Blue Lives Murder" for future reference probably not the best name.

12 minutes ago, Arctic Freeze said:

Statistically no. http://www.vocativ.com/369058/2016-deadly-year-cops/

That article is using data from the FBI database. 

And if you actually do math there are more white people being shot even if you take in account African American being a minority.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/07/11/arent-more-white-people-than-black-people-killed-by-police-yes-but-no/?utm_term=.3c0ca3a18119

And a quote from the article

According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.

Also your article you linked is comparing only 2016 to 2015 and it actually says theres only been about 3 assassinations in 2016 which isn't an epidemic like you tried to make it sound.

Dude learn how to do some math and read your own sources before you come here looking like a fucking idiot

12 minutes ago, Arctic Freeze said:

Also BLM is a fucking joke now. How about All lives matter would've been better if that caught on over the movement that only cares about one race.

Are you actually one of those fucking idiots that got offended by the phrase black lives matter and tried to make it lose its meaning by saying all lives matter? The point of saying black lives matter is to acknowledge theres a problem where black lives statistically are being taken at a much higher rate not that they matter above others. Over half the people I know who identify as members of black lives matter aren't even black. Its people who understand our current system is heavily skewed against blacks in many cases. And stop pretending you're using facts you can't even do the math present in your own damn sources

12 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/07/11/arent-more-white-people-than-black-people-killed-by-police-yes-but-no/?utm_term=.3c0ca3a18119

And a quote from the article

According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.

Also your article you linked is comparing only 2016 to 2015 and it actually says theres only been about 3 assassinations in 2016 which isn't an epidemic like you tried to make it sound.

Dude learn how to do some math and read your own sources before you come here looking like a fucking idiot

That article wasn't from the end of the year. And yes I know it only compared 2 years. No shit bud.

You need to go take thr Police Academy maybe then you'll learn why people are stopped. Suspicious behavior, way someone walks, way some acts, someone who isn't supposed to be somewhere. All reason you learn in profiling.

3 minutes ago, Arctic Freeze said:

that article wasn't from the end of the year.

It essentially says 2016 had a slightly higher level of police deaths than 2015 but the average of those 2 years is still lower than any 2 years from a decade or more ago. Get out of here and stop trying to debate you're fucking horrible at it when you can't even read your own sources properly

6 minutes ago, Arctic Freeze said:

That article wasn't from the end of the year. And yes I know it only compared 2 years. No shit bud.

You used it as a response to me saying police deaths are down from years before which dosen't even make sense if you were aware it was just comparing this year and last

5 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

It essentially says 2016 had a slightly higher level of police deaths than 2015 but the average of those 2 years is still lower than any 2 years from a decade or more ago. Get out of here and stop trying to debate you're fucking horrible at it when you can't even read your own sources properly

Lmao I read it fully. It also stated the amount of officers assaulted increased. It doesn't need to be killed officers. There have been many cases this year where an armed civilian killed someone attacking an officer preventing the officers death. You have your opinion I respect that. Apparently you are so sure your opinion is 100% correct and you can't accept someone else has a different opinion.

2 minutes ago, Arctic Freeze said:

Lmao I read it fully. It also stated the amount of officers assaulted increased. It doesn't need to be killed officers. There have been many cases this year where an armed civilian killed someone attacking an officer preventing the officers death.

Once again its only comparing this year and last while black lives matter has been around for several years now and people have been claiming a war on cops for the last 3 years.  You also said the asinine comment about whites statistically being killed more often which was stupid and shows ignorance

5 minutes ago, Arctic Freeze said:

Apparently you are so sure your opinion is 100% correct and you can't accept someone else has a different opinion.

I called out your easily debunked claims about statistics. Thats different from not respecting opinion

Once again its only comparing this year and last while black lives matter has been around for several years now and people have been claiming a war on cops for the last 3 years.  You also said the asinine comment about whites statistically being killed more often which was stupid and shows ignorance

Ignorance no I said if you actually do math or could do math since it seems you can't or won't. You'd know even if you divided by a ratio there would still be more whites who have died.

9 minutes ago, Arctic Freeze said:

Ignorance no I said if you actually math or could do math since it seems you can't or won't. You'd now even if you divided by a ratio there would still be more whites who have died.

Did you not read my quote from the article lol. Here it is again

Its not about numbers its about ratios and per capita deaths

Also since you're claiming you went to police training but are apparently 19 and going to game design  school I'm assuming you failed out of the academy or whatever training you went to?

6 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Did you not read my quote from the article lol. Here it is again

It's a black on black writing please I can't read that on mobile. And statistics saying blacks are more likely are extremely biased since it comes from people who never were an Officer. 

Here have BLACK officers who condemn BLM:

http://www.jaystalien.com/index.php/2016/07/19/10/

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2016/07/meet-anti-black-lives-matter-sheriff-speaking-trumps-rnc

Have a BLACK athlete who condemned BLM:

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/prominent-black-athletes-speak-out-against-black-lives-matter-movement/

14 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers. 

They also commit 5 times as many crimes :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, ElectronicDrug said:

They also commit 5 times as many crimes :rolleyes:

Watch it you might get called racist or ignorant by people who can't use facts or won't accept other people's opinion.

9 minutes ago, Arctic Freeze said:

It's a black on black writing please I can't read that on mobile. And statistics saying blacks are more likely are extremely biased since it comes from people who never were an Officer. 

Because cops in this situation are the unbiased ones? lol what? Its the literal census and police report data

14 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Because cops in this situation are the unbiased ones? lol what? Its the literal census and police report data

Did you even read or click the links by BLACK OFFICERS AND AN ATHLETE! This post has become horribly off topic anyway. The jokes were stupid and offended people. The title was wrong and could've been better and people can't respect others opinion as per usual on this forums. I keep forgetting that a majority of people here who don't agree with people aren't from the US and have 0 clue on what it's like to actually know some of the cops or civilians here. A majority of normal forums users who post have 0 clue how BLM actually is now. They only see what media shows.

54 minutes ago, Arctic Freeze said:

You should probably not name a post "Blue Lives Murder" for future reference probably not the best name.

It was a quote from the joke in the OP. I'll come to you next time, before I post a topic, so that I don't get your panties in a knot. :lul:

Ordinary, there's almost no sense in having a healthy argument with @Arctic Freeze. The guy is too emotional and very impetuous to make any sort of sensible debate. It's just not worth ripping him apart lol.

11 minutes ago, Arctic Freeze said:

Did you even read or click the links by BLACK OFFICERS AND AN ATHLETE!

1st one is literally just a blog post that could have been written by anyone. No proof its by a cop

2nd one is about a black guy who gets paid by fox news to blast black lives matter. A guy getting paid to be a regular speaker on fox fucking news isnt exactly unbiased.

3rd. Ray Lewis lol? The guys been involved in murder investigations.

Great trio of sources there

3 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

1st one is literally just a blog post that could have been written by anyone. No proof its by a cop

2nd one is about a black guy who gets paid by fox news to blast black lives matter. A guy getting paid to be a regular speaker on fox fucking news isnt exactly unbiased.

3rd. Ray Lewis lol? The guys been involved in murder investigations.

Great trio of sources there

And you call me ignorant.. HAH 

Am I wrong about my comments on the 3 sources?

You are wrong about two. Do you even live in the US? If so you must live under a rock if you don't know who those Officers are.