Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ian

No Man's Sky

What a total scam. The game doesn't even load. $59.99 to get a black screen for 3 seconds. How are any of you able to play this game?

24 minutes ago, Ian Kinsler said:

I haven't even gotten to play the damn game! There's nothing for me to hate yet!

Its next gen black screen if you can't see the extra blackness you need a better tv

I didnt even understand what the game was about, the ideas are awesome. But whats the fucking point?

It seems like all you do is go to different planets, walk around, get back in your ship, do it all over again. Can you build anything? Shoot anything?

If the game is just about finding different planets and leaving, seems like a game that you only play while you trip acid.

14 minutes ago, Triv said:

I didnt even understand what the game was about, the ideas are awesome. But whats the fucking point?

It seems like all you do is go to different planets, walk around, get back in your ship, do it all over again. Can you build anything? Shoot anything?

If the game is just about finding different planets and leaving, seems like a game that you only play while you trip acid.

You mine stuff to fix your ship and keep your suit and gun powered, you leave a planet to go to another planet to mine stuff to fuel your ship and keep your suit and gun powered, repeat forever.

From the beginning I'm pretty sure it was meant to be looked on more as a tech demo for the future of open world games. Then it evolved into something they realized was gonna have to be a legit game. Its not like it dosen't have everything they definitely promised it just dosen't have much more. I'm not buying it for awile but I'm happy they made it because it shows what can be done in future MMO'S and other games with better hardware and practice. 

4 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Its not like it dosen't have everything they definitely promised it just dosen't have much more.

xwwngtg9wpex.png

Game is a fucking sham. TotalBiscuit panned it within 15 minutes, another streamer with 30k viewers turned it off and said fuck this. Absolute joke. Ars Technica posted their review and panned it.

Direct Quote from the Ars Review:

The good:

Procedural galaxy tech really does deliver a lot of beautiful, bustling sci-fi wonderlands

The bad:

Weak combat and weaker upgrade paths hamper any hopes for fun action
Hints of a deep plot, but text is ultimately a bunch of ho-hum, one-dimensional poems
Crafting, dialogue, building-generation, and exploration systems suffer from redundancy and lack of payoff
Visual engine can't keep up with pace of flight, resulting in unsightly pop-in—even on high-end PCs

The ugly:

A game so broken in its launch state that it even crashes while paused

Bottom line: Don't just wait for a sale; wait for a major overhaul.

Glad I waited and didn't buy it.

That dredd guys first mistake when impersonating me was apologizing to K1ller, no matter how much I want a game I won't ever stoop that low.

35 minutes ago, Duex said:

xwwngtg9wpex.png

Ok was gonna say besides multiplayer but I gave them the benefit of the doubt they probably are working on it and honestly thought noone would find eachothers stuff. Pretty bad lie tho. Still just by making the technology for this I think they deserve some credit because jesus can you imagine them using it for a survival type game across say an entire post zombie apocalypse america featuring real multiplayer and gangs that could go weeks without seeing each other and forming alliances walking dead style? With some major cities pre made and placed in general ballpark area of where they should be

"We're a small development team!"

Why is being a small indie team an excuse when you hype and price a game to AAA levels?

When I first heard of the game, I thought the game would be a mix of Destiny and this shit.

But guys, its an indie game, its pretty linear. Its not a sham because they told you straight up what it was from the get-go. But I think this game can inspire better things in the future. 

17 hours ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

I'm happy they made it because it shows what can be done in future MMO'S and other games with better hardware and practice. 

ok xd

29 minutes ago, Taboo said:

ok xd

You really not see the relevance to the future of the tech they made for this game? Where ecosystems could be built without the devs doing it? Could change all types of games.Tech could easily be used to create cities from scratch in open world games along with all unique npcs walking around. 

Just now, Ordinarygamer96 said:

You really not see the relevance to the future of the tech they made for this game? Where ecosystems could be built without the devs doing it? Could change all types of games

in actuality companies are just going to do the same thing hello games did and hype up an empty game for money

and what ecosystem? procedural generation of planets? minecraft does the same thing when you make a new world

This is why you don't preorder games, I was tempted, but resisted and was glad I did. I knew it would be nothing like it was hyped as.

And to be fair this kind of tech has already existed I understand what you are getting at, but there is a ton of problems with this game.

I feel like you're just trying to justify your purchase to yourself by looking for agreement from others. If you want to do that, check out the game's subreddit, plenty of echo chambers over there.

This has been the most disappointing release of the last several years, for me.

Terrible performance on both PC and PS4 aside, the gameplay loop is incredibly shallow. You collect the same resources at the start of the game that you do closer to the center, you fight a few more enemies at a time, and you become a bit more upgraded. There are no substantial systems added. The movement in this game is donkey dick asshole, with the game treating you like Sweetrock, whenever you want to actually control your ship. The inventory system is horrendous and never feels like a non-chore. Combat is weak, with little feedback and variety in weaponry. There are different environmental hazards, but they all impact you the same way; the name of the hazard just changes. "Explore. Fight. Trade. Survive." These four pillars are of course accurate, but they vague are and worthless in helping to define a game at any level more than the base. When a game is this shallow, it makes sense to not explain much.

Sean Murray lied about planets with rings, different gravity types, different biomes on the same planet (this was initially said to be the case, but they went the lazy route and said, "tis better for exploration xd"). The animations in the actual release versus those shown in the trailers are far inferior, and they look fucking retarded, when scaled up with larger creatures, as there is no difference in animation speed between a big one and a small one. Hell, in the first trailer, they had this bigass space fight where you're in a squadron fighting against other ships. You then chase the ships down onto a planet and dogfight them. This NEVER happens, in the actual game, but it is a huge part of one of their trailers. Something like that would actually have been interesting. Cuntbag Murray even refused to acknowledge the lack of multiplayer, when caught red-handed. Instead, he opted to joke about it and make cryptic tweets. He hyped up factions, saying that you would be able to catch them fighting and how big of a role they played... All they do is sit in their fucking space stations and trade with you. Feel free to talk about how content regularly gets cut in games, but did they just take every single thing out of it that would make it interesting? This game doesn't even have the same quality of generation or variety of Spore, a game that came out almost eight fucking years ago.

18 quintillion planets, and the only difference between them is the color of the thinly applied paint.

1 hour ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

You really not see the relevance to the future of the tech they made for this game? Where ecosystems could be built without the devs doing it? Could change all types of games.Tech could easily be used to create cities from scratch in open world games along with all unique npcs walking around. 

They combined procedural map generation (which has been around as far back as some old dungeon crawlers) and procedural creature generation (Spore, another over-hyped flop).

Oh, and they also promised interactivity with other players, which was an outright lie.

I saw his video on it and although I have no experience with the game, I feel like he's making rather valid points.

Anyone can confirm/deny? Im still on the fence about buying the game