Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr Pepper

long train ride

mode of transportation  

29 members have voted

1. 1.

the past week i was visiting family in Maine and now im on the long 11 hour trek back the D.C. area. its usually smooth sailing but the transition in Boston is always a little daunting. i used to fly alot but in the past few years I've come to like taking the train as its alot less stressful than dealing with TSA bullshit in the airports and the trains have wifi (nothing good enough for gaming but forum browsing is no problem). the train ride is probably a good 4x longer than flying but i usually bring a pillow and sleep most of the way so time flies. 

amtrack just attached a new car called the dome car for scenic viewing. too bad its all just a blur at 60~ mph :P

anyways im just curious how you all get around when you travel. do you fly, take the train, or drive? 

Usually take a bus, super fucking slow but no worries.

also cheap as shit for my inner jew

Drive. Never been on a plane, or a train less than 100 something years old. Bus in baltimore = get mugged

When I got my licence I vowed to never take the bus again. My car has rolled 20k km or roughly 12.5k miles in 7 months :v

Iv never took the train to go anywhere. We had to drive 17 hours from the Milwaukee area in Wisconsin to Atlanta Georgia. But iv always took a plane ever since that drive. 

I used to take the train in Europe to get places. Just make sure to pack yourself some music:

Going to bump this.

Am I the only one who finds driving long distances relaxing? I don't get to travel very far, so it's refreshing visiting other states and seeing the change in paces.

1 hour ago, Velo said:

Going to bump this.

Am I the only one who finds driving long distances relaxing? I don't get to travel very far, so it's refreshing visiting other states and seeing the change in paces.

I guess it depends on the transportation, but if it was driving long distances I would usually get a little cramped would take breaks along the way. I'd rather take the plane :#