Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amael

Large consumption of CPU

Hello i have problem with large consumption of CPU by the two processes: Realtek HD Audio and service Windows Update.

On second computer i have a similar problem, but only windows update causes the large consumption of CPU.

Both machines have WIndows 8.1.

5 minutes ago, xmen said:

Cool

Ahahahah, yes you are so funny. I know it's hard to guess, but i need help to decrease this.

No i dont change anything, after install i set windows update to the manualy updates and for a year everything working ok. Windows 8 is the best :D

4 hours ago, Amael said:

No i dont change anything, after install i set windows update to the manualy updates and for a year everything working ok. Windows 8 is the best :D

b33bb647f9.jpg

I know this is blaintly obvious but did you try ending tasks that you don't use including the actual problem that's causing the high CPU usage? I know for me it works, I'll try to find more ways but at least try that to see if that works.

5 hours ago, Amael said:

First: Windows 10 is far better than Windows 8.

Second: If you have updates set to manual, when's the last time you actually updated? It could resolve things if you actually ran the updates.

Topic is not about which system is better..............

Update help , but i still have problem with realtek hd audio. Killing task work, but this isn't solution.

How long have you had the computer(s)? Specs (CPU, RAM)? Was it a Win7, or earlier, upgrade or fresh/OEM (manufacturer) install of Win8? Last time they were wiped/fresh install? What security software are you using? Last virus/malware scan?

Your Realtek audio software shouldn't be using a lot of CPU. Windows Update typically only uses a lot of resources when actually downloading/installing updates.

Have you tried updating your Realtek drivers?

2 hours ago, Amael said:

Topic is not about which system is better..............

Update help , but i still have problem with realtek hd audio. Killing task work, but this isn't solution.

While that's true, you specifically mentioned things about Windows updater, and it causing you issues. Not only that, but you're the one who (as the original poster) said "Windows 8 is the best". Knowing that you're not using the most current version of Windows, and one that is known to have lesser performance makes my post indeed on topic.

As to realtek, it shouldn't be using so much, but obviously it is. We also know nothing about your computer specs other than having Windows 8. What is your CPU? A simple solution as realtek hd audio probably isn't needed since you're killing the task and not seeing any issues with your sound, is to disable it from being a startup program. Then it will never start...

"please suggest fix for problem without mentioning anything that may cause the problem."

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Moose said:

While that's true, you specifically mentioned things about Windows updater, and it causing you issues. Not only that, but you're the one who (as the original poster) said "Windows 8 is the best". Knowing that you're not using the most current version of Windows, and one that is known to have lesser performance makes my post indeed on topic.

As to realtek, it shouldn't be using so much, but obviously it is. We also know nothing about your computer specs other than having Windows 8. What is your CPU? A simple solution as realtek hd audio probably isn't needed since you're killing the task and not seeing any issues with your sound, is to disable it from being a startup program. Then it will never start...

Agreed, as I posted you only gave vague information other than High CPU usage and those programs were the problem, I can't fully help with so little information.

Is your computer plugged in?

You could also try manually updating the driver, or rolling it back if manually updating it doesn't work via the Device Manager. You can get there by pressing Windows Key + X, then M. It'll most likely be in the tab labeled "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" under "Realtek High Definition Audio". While you're there, you can check the Events tab and see if the driver itself might be crashing and restarting in a loop, or other shenanigans related to the driver. In the tab labeled Driver, you can try updating it and restarting your computer. If that doesn't work, you can then try rolling the driver back and restarting if given the option.