Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trav

sG | RUST EVENT (August 18th - August 28th)

18 hours ago, Travesty said:

After our first night, here is the leaderboard:

August 19th
The Serial Killer - Spawneh - 20.75
The Savage - The Lorax - 102
The Sniper - The Lorax - 164.877
The Technician - Dillpicklz - 13
The Rocketeer - Insert your name here - Amount (no rockets yet!)
The Builder - Hideki Tojo - 1595

Pretty sure I heard someone spamming rockets last night.

THE SERIAL KILLER - Spawneh - 9.39

THE SAVAGE - Spawneh - 175

THE SNIPER - Pixel - 334.518m

THE TECHNICIAN - Tyrone - 151

THE ROCKETEER - Harminy - 129

THE BUILDER - Gadreel - 8287

2 minutes ago, krony said:

@Travesty where the builder?

Waiting for it, just not on atm. Trying to get it from @Yunki

We still need your art pieces!

I like landscape Bob Ross paintings :D

22 hours ago, Junzou said:

Wow these actually look really good.  

Are there any categories Karma's friends can't wreck us in?

Kate is amazing at paintings. I was floored with the chicken. So good.

Will the server be wiped after the event? And If so I think xp should be wiped as well.

No it won't be and there's a forced wipe this upcoming Thursday as well.

I think we should look into weekly wipes tho with 5x gather and 3x XP.

37 minutes ago, Travesty said:

No it won't be and there's a forced wipe this upcoming Thursday as well.

I think we should look into weekly wipes tho with 5x gather and 3x XP.

Wipes are definitely going to be weekly with the spike in population. Also, the wipe Thurs will be xp as well. 

I don't see what you guys like for weekly wipes. Like 2 weeks gives you time to actually make a base and accomplish more then just getting a semi auto rifle.

49 minutes ago, Mnkeydude said:
I don't see what you guys like for weekly wipes. Like 2 weeks gives you time to actually make a base and accomplish more then just getting a semi auto rifle.

Problem is people stop playing after the first week, especially once their initial base gets raided. Our population is the highest after wipes because everypne wants a "fresh start" that's kind of how our player base is.

We could keep XP in between the forced wipes so that you don't have to re-farm all your xp and you can still use c4 to raid bases. It's really the big compounds that prevent players from continuing to play. Once one group has a big compound on the map, others get discouraged to play. With 5x gather and 3x XP, it really only takes 2 nights of playing to create a sound defensive base to store all your loot. 2 weeks is a long ass time when you consider how much one can do in one single night of playing.

As well with all the materials we can gather at a high rate, we build a lot more on the map. With more structures comes more server and fps lag for our players.

So imo weekly base wipes are a great thing for our player base if we want to keep our steady population of players.

Agreed, I kinda just want the wipe to happen already so we can all start fresh with levels and what not. I want everyone to start off on the same foot again.

Agreed, I kinda just want the wipe to happen already so we can all start fresh with levels and what not. I want everyone to start off on the same foot again.

I'd be open to wiping the bases and keeping XP Sunday night but that really comes down to the Boss. Keep in mind everything would be wiped on Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Travesty said:

I'd be open to wiping the bases and keeping XP Sunday night but that really comes down to the Boss. Keep in mind everything would be wiped on Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I'm fine waiting until Thursday for the actual wipe and whatnot, I just like the idea of weekly wipe with bi-weekly XP wipes. Kind of like a compromise between the people who want weekly and bi-weekly wipes. Plus, even with 3x XP you don't get the good stuff until the end of the first week.

There are many people that only play the first day or two and once they get raided they stop. Usually those players/groups are looking for domination of the server and once that doesn't seem likely they wait till next wipe to try again. For many this game isn't about building but completely owning everyone else.

We haven't done the wipe once a week thing but many server do that. So lets try it. Worst case we go back to every once in awhile like before.

Congratulations to our winners! Man, the Lorax and Spawneh crew were undoubtedly the most dominant this wipe. I wonder who will take the reigns next time. A lot of the sG community is still fairly new to Rust and don't have as much playing time as some of the Lorax and Spawneh crew. So I'm excited to see the sG community grow and hopefully put up a good fight next time around.

Thanks to everyone for coming out, playing and trying out Rust. We had a lot of first time players and I hope you guys will stick around for many more wipes to come. There will definitely be different types of events in the months to come!

And a special thanks to Karma for not even playing in this wipe and just dedicating herself to admining rather than playing. That couldn't have been easy lol. I'm sure there was temptation to play in some high tension fights between groups. But because she didn't this event had no issues and it ran extremely smoothly.

Spawneh, Lorax, Pixel, Kate, Tyrone, Harminy and Gadreel please PM me on here with your email addresses so we can gift you your prizes! Also include the prize you'd like from the donated prize list in the PM, please also add your #2 pick from the donated prize list just in case the one you want has been taken.

Order of the names = order of picks.

You have 72 hours to pick your prize, otherwise the next person will get priority.

Prizes

• $20 Steam Gift Cards
  • $30 via Paypal to the best Artiste (donated and judged by Travesty)
  • Rust Badge
  • Garry's Mod (donated by Ironic)
  • The Binding of Isaac (donated by Dray)
  • Rocket League: Back To The Future DLC (donated by SavagePrincess) Pixel
  • Batman: Arkham City Spawneh
  • Reveal The Deep
  • Kivi, Toilet and Shotgun
  • CS:GO AK Redline (Field Tested) Skin 
  • CSGO AWP Electric Hive (Minimal Wear) Skin (donated by Apache)  The Lorax