Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trav

sG | RUST EVENT (August 18th - August 28th)

znUvpGB.jpg

sG would like to proudly announce its Official 1st Annual Rust Event!

Start:  Thursday, August 18th  4:00 p.m. CST
End:  Sunday, August 28th 7:00 p.m. CST

Gather: 5x | Craft: ½ | XP: 3x

Fresh Wipe prior to event start

gO4PpyR.jpg

What type of Rust player are you? Use your strengths during the event to try win one of these categories!

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNERS! Dayum.

THE SERIAL KILLER - Spawneh (7.71) - Best Kill Death Ratio (KDR) - $20 Steam Gift Card

• Are you a strategic, conniving, methodical menace to other players and can't be stopped? The Jeffrey Dahmer type individual who has the best KDR during the event will be awarded a prize.

THE SAVAGE - The Lorax (198)Most PVP Kills - $20 Steam Gift Card

• Are you John Rambo? No you're probably not but you might come close. The savage with the most PVP kills will be awarded a prize.

THE SNIPER - Pixel (334m) - Highest PVP Distance Recorded - $20 Steam Gift Card

• How far can you shoot the enemy from? A prize will be awarded to the best sniper in the server.

THE ARTISTE - Machinegun Kate - Best Rust Art Piece - $30 Paypal Donation from Travesty

• Are you an artiste? A prize will be awarded to the creative artist with the best hand drawn Rust Art Piece. No copy+pasta.
  • Submit your Art Pieces inside this event thread. Art pieces will be judged by Travesty.

THE TECHNICIAN - Tyrone (269) - Most Explosives Used - $20 Steam Gift Card

• Are you the asshole who keeps stealing my shit? The technician with the most explosives used will win a prize.

THE ROCKETEER - Harminy (402) - Most Rockets Used - $20 Steam Gift Card

• And I think it's gonna be a long, long time
    Till touch down brings me 'round again to find
    I'm not the man they think I am at home
    Oh, no, no, no
  • ARE YOU A ROCKET MAN?? The Rocket Man who shoots the most rockets will win a prize.

THE BUILDER - Gadreel (8293) - Most Structures Upgraded - $20 Steam Gift Card

• We get it. You like to build shit. But will you be the one to do it the most? The builder who can upgrade their structures the most will get a prize.

Boosting will be noticed and tracked. If you try to boost someone or get boosted, you will be disqualified from all prizes.

If you think someone is boosting, report it to Centran, Karma or myself.

Each Category Winner will receive $20 Steam Gift Card* and one more item from the donated prize list!

Prizes

• $20 Steam Gift Cards
  • $30 via Paypal to the best Artiste (donated and judged by Travesty)
  • Rust Badge
  • Garry's Mod (donated by Ironic)
  • The Binding of Isaac (donated by Dray)
  • Rocket League: Back To The Future DLC (donated by SavagePrincess)
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • Reveal The Deep
  • Kivi, Toilet and Shotgun
  • CS:GO AK Redline (Field Tested) Skin
  • CSGO AWP Electric Hive (Minimal Wear) Skin (donated by Apache) 

You may only win one category.* If you are the leader for more than one category, the 2nd place finisher will get a prize.  

*excluding The Artiste

If you'd like to donate a prize to this event, PM Travesty.

Every donor will receive an extra ticket for the Rust Draw for each prize they donate.

Leaderboard

During the event, we will track and update this thread as much as we can with the leaders of these categories (except for The Artiste). That way you will get a sense of where you stand before the end.

So get out there and have fun! Hope you enjoy the 1st Annual sG Rust Event!

August 24th

THE SERIAL KILLER - Spawneh - 9.39
THE SAVAGE - Spawneh - 175
THE SNIPER - Pixel - 334.518m
THE TECHNICIAN - Tyrone - 151
THE ROCKETEER - Harminy - 129
THE BUILDER - Gadreel - 8287

Note: sG | Staff will be disqualified from winning prizes for this event.

RUST GIVEAWAYS BEFORE THE EVENT

… And it starts right now!

We are giving you three chances to win a copy of Rust prior to the event start. See below for more information:

1.   Rust Draw - Congratulations to Swed!

Want a copy of Rust for yourself or for a friend? 

Vote here to get a ticket for the draw.

• Sign into steam and click Vote! Make sure your steam profile name is recognizable to who you are. Otherwise your name might get lost.
  • Every vote will count as one ticket. The more votes you give our server, the better chance for your name to be pulled for the draw.
  • You can only vote once per day, so vote every day you can!!! Tickets will start today (previous voters won't count).

We will randomly draw the winner on Tuesday, August 16th, 2016.

2.   Rust Giveaway - Congratulations to Reaper0470!

For those who don’t already own the game, tell us why we should gift you Rust prior to the event!

• The person with the best answer (judged by Staff) will win a copy of Rust so they can play in our event. 
  • You must have 25 forum posts and/or 50 hours on any of our servers to enter into this draw.
  • Players that already own Rust will not be eligible for this specific giveaway.

Submit your responses here:

We will draw the winner on Thursday, August 11th, 2016.

3.   Graphic Artists show us what you got - Congratulations to Simperino!

We need a banner for our server listing on https://rust-servers.net/

Maximum resolution is 468x60 pixels. Maximum file size is 1 MB. Allowed file type: jpg / png / gif

• The person with the best logo for our sG Rust Banner will win a copy of Rust so that they can play in the event or gift it to a friend (judged by Centran and Karma)

Submit your banners here: 

We will announce the winner on Monday, August 1st, 2016. So get your entries in ASAP!

1 minute ago, Karma said:

Wave, the MS Paint pro sent me a  banner example!   (follow the above dimensions though, lol)oQNf7Nu.png

FUCKIN WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.

Can we have a category for farming? I can't PVP worth a shit. Not enough FPS

A destroying category would also be cool.

Who has destroyed the most Walls and foundations? (twig walls and foundations do not count)

A destroying category would also be cool.

Who has destroyed the most Walls and foundations? (twig walls and foundations do not count)

Yeah I thought of this but in reality you want to effectively raid a base without wasting all your rockets, c4 or grenades. Not try and destroy as much as you can.

14 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Yeah I thought of this but in reality you want to effectively raid a base without wasting all your rockets, c4 or grenades. Not try and destroy as much as you can.

Yes I know, that is what makes it even better because you kind of get to see who raided the most people. Seeing as people will only destroy what they need to destroy and not waste resources. 

At least I can't think of another way to track who raided the most people.

2 hours ago, Jodas said:

Yes I know, that is what makes it even better because you kind of get to see who raided the most people. Seeing as people will only destroy what they need to destroy and not waste resources. 

At least I can't think of another way to track who raided the most people.

I think the built in system for calculating demolished walls, etc. accounts for twig structures and when you demolish your own base cause you fucked up your build. If it doesn't then I'd consider it, otherwise I can see it being abused. @Karma do you know if that's true? If not I would love to give a prize to the raiders (Doth'raki)  of the server. 

3 hours ago, Velo said:

Can we have a category for farming? I can't PVP worth a shit. Not enough FPS

I think The Builder is one you should strive for. 

@Velo

Together we can build a tower that reach to the sky, but you get your own resource.

Don't forget to add the Eye of Sauron at the top of it. It can look over all the land...

11 minutes ago, krony said:

@Velo

Together we can build a tower that reach to the sky, but you get your own resource.

I have no problem with farming resources :)

9 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Don't forget to add the Eye of Sauron at the top of it. It can look over all the land...

I'll have to do a turret at the top. Kinda like an eye? Makes me wonder if a turret will shoot at a heli.. Hmmm....

21 minutes ago, Velo said:

I have no problem with farming resources :)

I'll have to do a turret at the top. Kinda like an eye? Makes me wonder if a turret will shoot at a heli.. Hmmm....

We can have big ass wooden sign and paint  Eye of Sauron on it?

1 hour ago, Travesty said:

I think the built in system for calculating demolished walls, etc. accounts for twig structures and when you demolish your own base cause you fucked up your build. If it doesn't then I'd consider it, otherwise I can see it being abused. @Karma do you know if that's true? If not I would love to give a prize to the raiders (Doth'raki)  of the server. 

I think The Builder is one you should strive for. 

Unfortunately, this isn't going to work. The structures demolished includes twig crap you  demolish with your hammer. 

Updated the event categories because the plugin broke with new updates. Some categories couldn't be tracked so we made some new ones.

Also happy to announce each category winner will receive:

• $20 Steam Gift Card
  • One item from the donated prizes list

(order of categories = order of winners choosing an item from the prize list)

I'm also throwing in $30 via Paypal for the best Artiste!

With over 100 entries (including double names and ineligible staff members)...

Congratulations to @Swed for winning the random Rust Draw!

u5Xnke2.png

Sorry @Paul_Waffle sG Staff aren't eligible for prizes :( Thanks to everyone for voting for our server! We raised our rank from 65 to #48! Please continue to vote for our server as it really does help our population.

@Swed please PM me your steam email address so that @Jason can gift you Rust.

After our first night, here is the leaderboard:

August 19th
The Serial Killer - Spawneh - 20.75
The Savage - The Lorax - 102
The Sniper - The Lorax - 164.877
The Technician - Dillpicklz - 13
The Rocketeer - Insert your name here - Amount (no rockets yet!)
The Builder - Hideki Tojo - 1595

My masterpiece collection is entitled "Jeff"

The Faces of Jeff Collection

IRu5Kxj.jpg

The Creation of Jeff

4IOYeiK.jpg

Jeff Noir Day Aspect

QylvpGm.jpg

Jeff Noir Night Aspect

8BIV6hw.jpg

Probably wouldn't be here after this weekend for 2 weeks so I'm getting my submissions in now, however last night I was informed that I was disqualified from winning anything in the competition because of my affiliation with a large clan and hence a retroactive rule was placed on me by association.

But lets just get the art train rolling.

<3 you Jeff!