Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dawn

Crappy laptop

13719472_1116114521793670_56938984742162

Does anyone know what causes this or if I shoukd just buy a new laptop all together. At the moment I have a Lenovo touch laptop but it gave me this screen twice.

What's the error say? Sometimes it can help. What are you doing prior to the crash? Did you install anything recently?

A lot of the time bdos is caused by bad drivers or incompatible software or drivers.

Sent from my Z716BL using Tapatalk

This is the blue screen of death

i had these before in the past

the way you fix them is by refreshing your pc or factory restoring your pc

but im sure there are other methods as well

So I was playing gmod at the time. I haven't downloaded anything recently. Not sure what it say as the screen was weird.

Looking at the screen shot posted, I feel like either the video card driver is messed up or connection in your laptop display is lose. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I think. If I were you I would backup my hard drive and restore it to factory new to see if that helps. If not then either take it in to a PC repair shop or buy a new one. Again correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I think.

Looks like either GFX hardware or bad RAM related

Jiggled some ram around in an old running box one time and it did that (fucking shit up is how you really learn)

16 minutes ago, Velo said:

Looks like either GFX hardware or bad RAM related

Jiggled some ram around in an old running box one time and it did that (fucking shit up is how you really learn)

So should I open it up and look?

Depends on your level of experience, you can try troubleshooting a bad RAM stick, but the bulk of laptops out there have onboard GFX, so if that's the case you are pretty much SOL

But i can't tell you if you are able to take it apart or not

To troubleshoot bad ram, what I normally do is remove one stick at a time and/or replace one of them then try to replicate the problem. If it still does it, it may be the stick you didn't remove, and if it still does it after you swap the 2nd stick, it's not a memory problem. An alternative to doing all of that with the ram is running memtest which is less physical labor intensive, but i've never actually used it. Call me hard-headed I guess

@Dawn from what I know about blue screens, they are caused by a hardware error or just your hardware crashing.

Some things that you can try:

• Check for hardware problems
  • Update your drivers
  • Scan for virus/malware
  • Re-install windows

Hope this helps

Dunno if you got it fixed already, but try making a rescue USB drive (just google it, it is not that hard) then plug it in, and boot from the rescue USB. Just look it up and there should be steps there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk