Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pike

Rule change (7/8/16)

Me and Cows have decide to update this rule as it was previously too exploitable.

Updated rule to "Terrorists are automatically pardoned upon completion of a new command (not including the "unstack and freeze" command). Terrorists who had previously rebelled by shooting a gun, throwing a lethal grenade, entering a vent, or killing a CT are not included in this pardon. You may be asked to bring no guns no nades along being pardoned." 

Previoulsy it was "Terrorists are automatically pardoned upon completion of a new command (not including the "unstack and freeze" command). Terrorists who had previously rebelled by shooting a gun or killing a CT are not included in this pardon. You may be asked to bring no guns no nades along being pardoned."

so you added "throwing a lethal grenade, entering a vent"

While i would agree slightly on the grenade side, it is hard to tell if the T was previously in vent.  I also find it funny when you have a T complete an order and no CT has any clue that he wasn't there in the first place other than "we have 1 extra T then before"  If the CT's are that clueless that they cannot notice a T coming in from a vent then the T should be pardoned.

3 hours ago, Revöker said:

so you added "throwing a lethal grenade, entering a vent"

While i would agree slightly on the grenade side, it is hard to tell if the T was previously in vent.  I also find it funny when you have a T complete an order and no CT has any clue that he wasn't there in the first place other than "we have 1 extra T then before"  If the CT's are that clueless that they cannot notice a T coming in from a vent then the T should be pardoned.

If they dont know which T wasn't there hes gonna live. They cant just randomly guess to get the right one.

I also kind of disagree as entering a vent is not necessarily harmful to CTs. For example, a T rebelling on avalanche goes to armory through the cell vent, takes guns, kills no CTs, and manages to complete an order before being brutally murdered by CTs. How is that different from a T detouring/delaying for more than 5 seconds but completing a new order before also being brutally murdered by CTs. They both rebelled, just in different ways that didn't result in the old rule's goalposts of damaging or attempting to damage a CT.

For clarification, the original idea of the rule was put in place because to stop super delayed kills, and general kill-whoring. Imagine this, A terrorist takes 2 steps instead of one step out of his cell. A CT notices this, and doesn't kill him. Its now down to two Ts, and our friend who took 2 steps instead of one is still alive. The CT who noticed his original rebel is also still alive. He kills the terrorist for what he did 5 minutes earlier. Not only is it impossible to tell at an admin perspective if this was a freekill,  It also shouldn't be happening.. By putting this rule in place 5 years ago, it prevented situations like this. The idea of Ts coming out of vents with their guns to randomly rejoin the game again by completing a new order newer-ish thing that very few people were doing. Its gotten much bigger, and the leaks within the rule needed to be patched.

"Throwing a lethal grenade" could mean throwing an HE or molotov grenade (a grenade that could be lethal) or throwing a grenade that kills a CT (a grenade that is lethal). I'm pretty sure you meant the former as the latter is covered by "killing a CT" but this is vague compared to rule 7:

7. A terrorist is rebelling if he kills a CT, enters prohibited areas (vent, armory), fires any weapon, or throws a frag grenade/molotov.

I like the rule change other than that word.

5 hours ago, Iherdcows said:

@thorgot changed to say throwing a frag or molotov

But what if someone hits me with a flashbang and does 1 damage...

54 minutes ago, MisterTurkes said:

but if a ct asks you to throw a lethal nade away from the group cause you cannot drop it, are you auto rebelling?

No.

3n. CTs must order Terrorists by name to drop a weapon. All CTs may tell terrorists to drop their guns/throw their grenades/molotovs/flashbangs/smoke grenades if they have them. CTs must clearly address the terorrist by name and give them 5 seconds to comply. If they fail to do so after five seconds, you may kill them. The Ts may also pick up/pass the gun again if they are not explicitly told not to do so. (10)