Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yunki

[POLL] Remove the USP from the vent in Minecraft_Beta_V4-2

Remove the USP from Minecraft_Beta-V4-2  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Remove the USP from the vent?

• Yes, remove the gun and do not change anything else.
    • No, keep it exactly how it is.
    • Other: Change it to a glock/Reduce the damage/Fewer spawns in the cell/Make the "one-way wall" a door or just thinner

I think we can at least make is so minecraft_beta_v4-2 isn't the default map every time the server crashes. I believe the real problem lies in this map being overplayed. 

How about you learn to fucking kill a rebeller, if CT's are standing on the wooden platform above kitchen at spots The T has to come out a little and as soon as he peaks and shoots look and dome his ass.

53 minutes ago, vexer said:

How about you learn to fucking kill a rebeller, if CT's are standing on the wooden platform above kitchen at spots The T has to come out a little and as soon as he peaks and shoots look and dome his ass.

The T doesn't have to peak out in order to kill you. Most people know how to use it as a one way wall. You can see the CTs and shoot out without them seeing you.

1 minute ago, Yunki said:

The T doesn't have to peak out in order to kill you. Most people know how to use it as a one way wall. You can see the CTs and shoot out without them seeing you.

If the CT'S dont stand out in the fucking open he has to peak out a little play smart

Just now, vexer said:

If the CT'S dont stand out in the fucking open he has to peak out a little play smart

Without peaking out, the T can see the crucial areas on cell block, including any CT that leaves cellblock area.

16 minutes ago, vexer said:

Playing as a CT on minecraft is hellish because of this vent. Instead of trying to have fun with the terrorists you spend the first three minutes of every round worrying about staying in the few spots that have cover from the vent.

It's like playing on shel as a CT but less fun because you're dying to an invisible enemy instead of the large number of cell pistols and vents.

As many have said, the usp-s is not the main issue since it's only those who can aim (not myself) that makes the gun seem op. I think that a way to nerf the vent is to make it longer/have holes so that the rebeller has to spend more time to get to the usps instead of having the gun as CT's are coming out of armory. That way, the warden (if he/she is smart enough) can have enough time to move the non-rebelling T's away from the cell block area. I'm pretty sure somebody has the file of the map to try elongating the vent passage itself. 

If someone can edit the vent with the suggestion of the door/ or changing how thick it is, that'd be amazing. When someone knows how to get into that vent, its crazy strong. I completely understand changing it. If someone would like to take on the project, I'd be willing to help.

@vexer the way our rules are set up for Jailbreak, it makes it incredibly difficult to stop people in that vent. in order to watch proper angles, sometimes you need to be out in the open

2 hours ago, Iherdcows said:

If someone can edit the vent with the suggestion of the door/ or changing how thick it is, that'd be amazing. When someone knows how to get into that vent, its crazy strong. I completely understand changing it. If someone would like to take on the project, I'd be willing to help.

@vexer the way our rules are set up for Jailbreak, it makes it incredibly difficult to stop people in that vent. in order to watch proper angles, sometimes you need to be out in the open

Im on it, will fix the button game too because many people don't play it thinking its broken.

1 minute ago, Revöker said:

Im on it, will fix the button game too because many people don't play it thinking its broken.

want me to test/get in touch with you?

no clue if it's already fixed @Revöker but if not a recall in surf would be good too. Pretty sure I messaged Electronicdrug a while ago and he said he would do it but never got around to it I guess. 

Just now, KiLLeR said:

no clue if it's already fixed @Revöker but if not a recall in surf would be good too. Pretty sure I messaged Electronicdrug a while ago and he said he would do it but never got around to it I guess. 

sounds easy, one for maze too though?

30 minutes ago, Revöker said:

sounds easy, one for maze too though?

probably, or make the glass thinner so you don't need an awp to shoot through it

On 7/4/2016 at 3:02 AM, KiLLeR said:

probably, or make the glass thinner so you don't need an awp to shoot through it

lol i already made the glass thinner, and turned it into actual glass instead of it not having any $surfaceprop, but then i added back the invs barrier so that no one can put sprays on top of it because that is how it worked before, but now the invs barrier is hollow which allows for easy penetration 

EDIT: fixes were easy, and did some more, but its too bright Lb17YvA.jpg

has anyone updated this shit?

thinking about getting back into mapping so i can update it this week.

no one ever mentioned the vent before, i can shrink the block so you can't see out

also surf recall i remember adding but maybe i forgot the button or something

It would be nice to update the map so then it isn't easy for the T's to rebel that often.  The map would look cooler too if it had some better, new and improved games as well 

On 11/4/2016 at 6:09 AM, The Ogrelord l Shrek said:

I do feel like the pistol in that vent should be a pistol with less damage because it is very easy to kill the ct team just because at least one person got that vent.

I've already reduced the size of the block from 32 to 16 to make it harder to peak.  Although i could reverse it back to 32 and give CT's armor with a minecraft armor stand.  And the only pistol with lower dmg is a glock which is horrible.

On 11/3/2016 at 2:09 PM, The Ogrelord l Shrek said:

I do feel like the pistol in that vent should be a pistol with less damage because it is very easy to kill the ct team just because at least one person got that vent.

Usp is literally the weakest pistol other than a glock. Unless you're saying give the T like 5x more ammo...

2 hours ago, Revöker said:

I've already reduced the size of the block from 32 to 16 to make it harder to peak.  Although i could reverse it back to 32 and give CT's armor with a minecraft armor stand.  And the only pistol with lower dmg is a glock which is horrible.

I won't upload it. I hate armor (no offense to people who made maps with it) but it feels like such an unfair advantage to cts. It takes an extra left click to knife, nades do little damage, and you're lucky as a T to get a non-pistol gun without a vent or killing a ct.