Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trav

You may have noticed some changes...

We have amalgamated a few sections of this forum.

We moved all threads from General Gaming, Teamspeak, Strategy (Dota2, LoL, WoW) and Overwatch, etc. into one... now called General Gaming and Teamspeak.  Here you can talk all things gaming related (new games or current games you want to play or discuss with other sG members, etc) with exception to our own hosted server discussion... save that for the Divisional Forums.

We also moved the Entertainment Center, Fitness, Sports, etc threads into The Pub. I kept some of the more prominent stickies but most of the others are now a 'Featured Thread'. They won't be stickied but have a star in front of the title. However, most of them weren't posted in for over a year, so it's cleaned up a little. If you think your recent stickied topic should be stickied again, post in here and we'll consider it. In the future, please use The Pub for anything related to the amalgamated topics of General Discussion.

Anything that has a more serious tone like News, Politics or any serious topics you'd like discussed without trolls or funny memesters, please use the Serious Discussion subforum. Any trolling done in that subforum will result in a loss of privileges to post in that subforum.

Now you may be wondering... why the changes? Well we wanted to promote more discussion within the rest of the forums for any General Discussion or Gaming. Really the main section of discussion happens in the Talk Mad Shit threads in the 'Members Only' subforum that only the Members of sG can see. Having these threads all one place will allow more people to see each topic rather than sifting through each subforum and subsection. Hopefully allowing more people to click on the thread you created and want discussed. 

Right now we don't get a lot of daily traffic in any other part of the forum except in 'Members Only'. There really wasn't a big need for all the subforums because the lack of new topics generated each month. So hopefully with these changes it will give more people the chance to see what others are talking about, rather than using the 'Unread Content Stream' (which is pretty much every thing all in one place). Also General Gaming and our Teamspeak server go hand-in-hand so we are hopeful it will get more people talking about casual games we can pick up and play with other people from the community.

These aren't big changes but they are changes nonetheless and might take some time to get used to. One thing I will suggest, that I've had all along, is to change the settings in your profile to Automatically Follow Content. Simply go into your Profile Settings -> Notifications. This will give you a notification in the top right of the forums and it will keep you up to date on any post that is made to any topic you have created or replied to. I find it really handy and lets me know anytime there's a new post in a thread I'm interested in.

See below for a picture of what to check off:

8b5232cb01.png

Let us know what you think. Positive or negative. Feedback is welcome. If it's becoming an issue after the summer, we will consider moving it back into the separate subforums and subsections. For now... we hope you enjoy the new layout.

Now for all the Thank You Threads... I will be combining all the thank you threads into one mega Thank You sG thread where you can make a post within the thread rather than creating a new topic each time.

Thanks for reading. Have a great summer.

- Travesty

As long as people stop posting thankyou threads I don't care what the forums look like. 

Just now, Triv said:

As long as people stop posting thankyou threads I don't care what the forums look like. 

There is now one big thread for Thank Yous that is now stickied.

2 minutes ago, Reaper0470 said:

My thread reappeared! Should probably be stickied again.

Okay fine. But only because I'm a sucker for dogs.

Keep in mind though that too many stickies defeats its purpose and also looks unsightly.

2 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Okay fine. But only because I'm a sucker for dogs.

Keep in mind though that too many stickies defeats its purpose and also looks unsightly.

Well it was stickied a little after it was put up back in 2011. Then it disappeared for awhile about a year or so ago somehow and someone made another topic for it. Still not sure how it vanished or how it came back though. Curious.

3 hours ago, Travesty said:

There is now one big thread for Thank Yous that is now stickied.

But now how am I going to whore upvotes outside of the donor section?

6 hours ago, Travesty said:

Anything that has a more serious tone like News, Politics or any serious topics you'd like discussed without trolls or funny memesters, please use the Serious Discussion subforum. Any trolling done in that subforum will result in a loss of privileges to post in that subforum.

I have a problem with this for obvious reasons. As long as the rules are being followed and nobody is being personally attacked/harassed we shouldn't censor or sterilize our posts.

there are so many other platforms where you can discuss these things in a safe space, there is no need to invade an established community and try to force change because you cant handle a little banter

not to mention you are all a bunch of hippocrites

so basically anyone in and including the staff clique continues to meme hard and anyone you don't like gets their access removed in one of the most active sections of the forums for doing the same shit as everyone else

but why. It was more organized before u just lumped everything into the pub

That was exactly the problem.

Ease of access!=organized. Things are definitely categorized better now

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:
I have a problem with this for obvious reasons. As long as the rules are being followed and nobody is being personally attacked/harassed we shouldn't censor or sterilize our posts.

there are so many other platforms where you can discuss these things in a safe space, there is no need to invade an established community and try to force change because you cant handle a little banter

not to mention you are all a bunch of hippocrites

so basically anyone in and including the staff clique continues to meme hard and anyone you don't like gets their access removed in one of the most active sections of the forums for doing the same shit as everyone else

Lmao just chilllll.

It was simply put there to be something like [serious] topics in r/AskReddit. So that it when someone asks a serious question or starts a discussion they don't get a comedian like me, or even yourself, making a mock of their thread and turning it into something different than its intended to be.

No one is censoring anyone, if you're not breaking any rules. We just simply ask that the threads in Serious Discussion stay in a civilized manner IN THE FUTURE.

In the future, the threads that are created in there will be made for Serious Discussion only. If you can't handle it, don't post. Save it for another subforum. The hope was that it would create at least some intellectual discussion on this website rather that the meme fest it's turned into with the majority of threads.

TL;DR -- save the trolling for any place else. 

Pretty cool, but i can tell you why everything is in TMS and not other parts of the forums.

1) Its Casual 

→TMS is really causal and people feel like they can talk their mind without being too worried about rules of the subforum they are in, this is why people want the shoutbox and slack because people can say much more than typing up a thread.  Forum posting is too formal compared to IM'ing (instant message)

2) No Recruit thread

→Not having recruit threads does slightly hurt people's discussion about new recruits so now everyone has to go to TMS to get insight or even talk about new recruits instead of just doing it inside of their app.  I know i would have never gone to or read TMS if it wasn't for the recruit changes.

Other than that i feel like the "Clan help desk" should be moved above "General Discussion" and " Map Suggestions " and " Ideas, Comments, and Help " should be placed else where, maybe under community.  Also pictures next to the Root-Forums would help navigate the forums better, like having a desk next to "Clan help desk".