Sign in to follow this  
Ian

What happened to the detective skin?

Since when did detectives not have their signature hat anymore? I've almost RDMed 3 of them yesterday because they aren't distinguishable from other players.

38 minutes ago, Ian Kinsler said:

I believe they fall off once they are damaged, in that picture he is damaged. I can take a look later, but I checked the startup commands and detective hats are enabled.

3 minutes ago, ZachPL said:

I believe they fall off once they are damaged, in that picture he is damaged. I can take a look later, but I checked the startup commands and detective hats are enabled.

Detectives only lose the hat once they die. Just saw a round start and the detective did not have a hat.

Like Waffler said, from what I remember, even just getting shot or even hit with a crowbar could cause the Detrctives hat to fall off.

But, if they're just not even spawning with hats, that's kind of weird....

It says when you enable it that it's buggy, I think it has always been buggy, but I am going to look into it tonight. The only thing that could have happened is that it broke last gmod update and nobody noticed..

I see what was causing it, there is code so that the hat only spawns on certain player models due to how it looks on the player, I removed the restriction so that it should spawn on all detectives now, but it might look bad on some player models.