Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fps_trucka

In the market for a new monitor

Looking to grab a new monitor but wanted to ask you all on your opinion on a couple of things. First is quality vs framerate.  The second being ips and tn. Lastly screen size, i play on i believe a 24 inch (1920 x 1080). Would a 27 inch monitor be too big? Does anyone prefer a larger monitor? Thanks.

quality is not higher than framerate IMO.

You should go with 1440p 144hz if you can afford it, otherwise 1080p 144hz is good too.

10 minutes ago, Sean said:

quality is not higher than framerate IMO.

You should go with 1440p 144hz if you can afford it, otherwise 1080p 144hz is good too.

I think i read some where that its hard to get 144 framerate on a 1440p monitor. Usually people get around 60fps?

I dunno. I was thinking about getting the acer xb271hu. I just think 27 inch would be too big. I use a 23 apparently. Just seems like too much screen. 

Acer has a sub-$200 144hz monitor out now, and the Asus VG248QE is finally sub-$250 on amazon. The ASUS is definitely the better choice imo

You want a good quality monitor that produces the frame-rates you are looking for and it should reflect that in customer reviews like examples of the 144hz from Korea while having high framerates some are hit or miss in the quality of color or in pixels being dead and being quite visible. The IPS vs TN argument is pretty decisive in which is the better format but over IPS is better because it offers a greater viewing angle and a better G2G(grey to grey) scale than most TN panels unless you want to shell out a bunch of money for said TN panel that can rival a IPS monitor. Screen size I am with sean on this go for a 1440p monitor. Me personally I am getting the ASUS ROG PG278Q because it has what I want and from the reviews people love it.