Sign in to follow this  
Rust Gather Rate Change?

Should the Rust Gather Rate Increase?  

28 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should the Rust Gather Rate Increase?

2. 2. What is your preferred rate?

• 1x (Vanilla gather)
    • 2x (Current gather)
    • 3x
    • 4x
    • 5x
    • Split gather with 2x during the day, and an increased gather at night. (increased gather rate would be the 2nd place polled gather rate)

23 minutes ago, Karma said:

This. Everything scales. Your base is stronger, so it is able to withstand the extra c4/rockets someone can farm up. Also, we're talking 3, 4, 5x vs 2x. The jump isn't huge as with servers who have 100x or even more, just enough to make it less grindey for raiders and builders alike.

57 minutes ago, Karma said:

Edited to add: However, the last bit about sulfur hqm i would have to disagree with. If someone is able to build an exponentially larger base, I do not want to discourage raiding by making sulfur/hqm less available.

I think it'd be a smart move to keep those two resources locked at 2x gather. This prevents amassing huge quantities of C4, ammo, landmines, ect, while at the same time, discouraging massive, 100% armored bases. This wouldn't make raiding less, it would discourage that one asshole each wipe who has 500 C4 hidden in their base and no one can get to it because he runs around raiding everyone else to add to his stash. 

Voting Yes, and for an increased gather at night.

A couple things will happen as a result of that change:

More pvp, as people will have more resources to fight with, bigger raids, more guns (and HQ), bigger bases to raid etc. Adding an incentive to gather at night will add risk/reward as it's harder to see enemies/animals but you'll get more resources.

6 hours ago, Travesty said:

Vanilla is great if you got a lot of time on your hands. Like Moose said, it's great for summer vacation and gaming for 10 hours a day. However I think most of us don't share that luxury and maybe that's why the population is low?

That's at least a reason why I don't play on the Rust server anymore. I don't have the time to dedicate myself for two weeks.

Would sulfur go up in gather rate too? Thus you could have more c4 to raid bases? Wouldn't it be all relative and just take less time to get resources?

Gather rate does not increase for charcoal