Sign in to follow this  
TheWaffler

Gmod Events?

So I've seen a ton of tournaments/events for CS:GO, and I was wondering if there could be one for Gmod. I don't really know how easy or difficult it would be, but I was just curious we could host one for the Gmod servers for a change. 

How the event will work on gmod? what you want the event to be?

Rdm many as you can before you get banned by admin?

get highest numbers of kills as traitor? *example I got 10 kills*

Kill with poltergeist or newton launcher? 

Edited by krony

1 minute ago, krony said:

How the event will work on gmod? what you want the event to be?

Rdm many as you can before you get banned by admin?

get highest numbers of kills as traitor? *example I got 10 kills*

Kill with poltergeist or newton launcher? 

Lol that's not what I meant. I mean a tournament with awards. For example, there's a surf tournament going on in CS:GO right now, I just thought we could do something similar to that. But now that I think about it, there really isn't much to do in TTT when considering events or tournaments.

23 minutes ago, TheWaffler said:

Lol that's not what I meant. I mean a tournament with awards. For example, there's a surf tournament going on in CS:GO right now, I just thought we could do something similar to that. But now that I think about it, there really isn't much to do in TTT when considering events or tournaments.

If you want a Tournament/events for gmod then suggest some idea like

Highest kills you have as traitor win awards

how many traitors you can kill in one round as innocent.  win awards *max is 7 if server are full* 

many kills by one c4 win awards or something.

make art out of dead bodies win awards

You get the idea now? If you wanted tournament/events you can think of ideas and the way how you want the events to be running then bring it up to higher members of this forums eh

What kind awards do people will expect? a shiny silver medal? some free games? some nude picture?

Edited by krony

Just now, krony said:

If you want a Tournament/events for gmod then suggest some idea like

Highest kills you have as traitor win awards

how many traitors you can kill in one round as innocent.  win awards *max is 7 if server are full* 

many kills by one c4 win awards or something.

make art out of dead bodies win awards

You get the idea now? If you wanted tournament/events you can think of ideas and the way how you want to run the events then bring it up to higher members of this forums eh

Lol yeah, thanks. I get the idea. I literally had no ideas but now I have some. I like that last one lol.

Gerald use to set up some, but due to not a lot of people participating in them, he thinks it's a waste of money to pay for all these prizes, and not have a lot of people participate in the Event.
I'd love to have another GMod event, heck, I would even help set it up. But for now, it doesn't look like we'll get one anytime soon.

What's wrong with creating a tournament with the prizes being donated? I have a few game passes I'd donate for a tournament. I like the idea of "most kills as a T" or something like that.

1 minute ago, Ironic said:

Gerald use to set up some, but due to not a lot of people participating in them, he thinks it's a waste of money to pay for all these prizes, and not have a lot of people participate in the Event.
I'd love to have another GMod event, heck, I would even help set it up. But for now, it doesn't look like we'll get one anytime soon.

Yeah I remember participating in a few TTT events a long time ago...

It got to the point where literally only 3 people competed for the top 3 prizes if I recall correctly.

It was fun for them, but nobody else really gave a damn at the time.

It more than likely has to do with the fact that CS:GO has a way higher population in total, from people liking the game more, and because we have more of those servers.

While having a GMod event would be very fun, I feel not many people would actually try and participate to get said prizes.

The fact is that there are more events on CS:GO due to the amount, and types of servers. TTT may have a few ideas for an event, but CS:GO has servers like Jailbreak, Surf, and ZE which can have more theme based events come to mind. JB Bingo was actually a blast to participate in, hell I even donated to it. Maybe if there was a TTT Bingo, that could work out, I wouldn't mind donating to it, despite not having GMod.

Also as @RistoPOWER mentioned, CS:GO has more players than GMod, bringing more attention to the events.

Edited by Shaymin

12 hours ago, TheWaffler said:

So I've seen a ton of tournaments/events for CS:GO, and I was wondering if there could be one for Gmod. I don't really know how easy or difficult it would be, but I was just curious we could host one for the Gmod servers for a change. 

I think there could be a "stats torney" on the TTT servers, most correct T kills or something idk anything on TTT would be fun

8 hours ago, 808dkaneohe said:

I think there could be a "stats torney" on the TTT servers, most correct T kills or something idk anything on TTT would be fun

Last one we did (Trouble In March Madness Town) which was last year I believe, we had ones like "Most kills as a T", "Most kills as a Detective", "Most knife kills", and etc. 

I think what might be the best idea is to have a TTT Event, but not make the prizes super expensive. I'd be in on that and willing to help someone set it up.

There are way more randoms than regulars on gmod than CSGO, so with CSGO more people know the event is happening and participate, in GMOD less people know and even less people care.