Bite

CSGO : Summer tourney

CSGO summer tourney  

54 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. To be...

• Bring a team
    • Captains pick

So we will soon be releasing a csgo tourney event this summer and I would like to know if you guys want to bring a team or captains pick.

Just because a vote is favored it may not be selected, but will most likely happen. The poll will be closed on the 4th of June.

Edited by Bite

8 minutes ago, Bite said:

So we will soon be releasing a csgo tourney event this summer and I would like to know if you guys want to bring a team or captains pick.

Just because a vote is favored it may not be selected, but will most likely happen. The poll will be closed on the 4th of June.

you meant 4th of June?

Edited by Bite
mistakes were made

Captains pick, maybe something like a Draft from last years tournament where players are put in a different pool from one another, rather than all together based on ranks.  also, people shouldn't lie about their ranks...

Just now, slyfox said:

Captains pick, maybe something like a Draft from last years tournament where players are put in a different pool from one another, rather than all together based on ranks.  also, people shouldn't lie about their ranks...

Yeah I agree too, just because no one wanted me on their pre-made team. FeelsBadMan

Pre-made teams would be more competitive. Myself being a very competitive player, I'd like to see pre-made teams. Captains pick is no more than your every day scrim. 

I'd prefer Captains Pick really,makes the tournament more balanced and allows everybody to be able to play.

Why's the VAC'd member of staff organizing this LMAO

edit: just so i'm ontopic and don't get infracted bcuz srs bsns thread; 

captain's draft has always turned out more even for the community as a whole opposed to byoTeam. 

Edited by TurtleFrenzy
karma-proofing myself

6 minutes ago, TurtleFrenzy said:

captain's draft has always turned out more even for the community as a whole opposed to byoTeam. 

R E K T 

Maybe have random teams for two pre tourny games, collect stats, then select team captains so people will know the skill level of the people they choose.

19 minutes ago, GSU said:

Maybe have random teams for two pre tourny games, collect stats, then select team captains so people will know the skill level of the people they choose.

Then you end up with possible synergy issues. I solo queue like shit (good score, bad team that loses) and end up losing when I duo-queue with Mata. If I play with the usual suspects (Freefree, Chicago, York) I end up playing much better than I normally would, and others are likely the same.

Captain's Draft gets my vote

1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

Captain's Draft worked great last time around, shouldn't be a prob this time.

Eh it worked for the most part, it would be nice if we could put a restriction on who can be team captain, like enough intelligence to know how to use a flashbang/smoke.

And yes that happened before as our captain didn't buy utility because they didn't know how to use them right...that and would say they were scared and hide...

Edited by Sportsteen583

43 minutes ago, Roflstomp said:

Then you end up with possible synergy issues. I solo queue like shit (good score, bad team that loses) and end up losing when I duo-queue with Mata. If I play with the usual suspects (Freefree, Chicago, York) I end up playing much better than I normally would, and others are likely the same.

Captain's Draft gets my vote

Captain's draft is what I am suggesting, but the pre season games allow the captain's to see who they are picking from (rather than picking people who they don't know). The pre season also allows the captain's/other players to see who is hostile/see if they work well together. You may say, "oh, the captains don't have to pick the people they don't know, they can just pick their friends," but many people who may be entering this solo will be wild cards, which would result in unbalanced teams.

Captains pick = balance (not as competitive)

pre-made = 5 globals going against a bunch of master guardians (not as fun/fair or whatever)

I don't mind regardless but PLEASE NO CHICAGO SERVERS

18 hours ago, TurtleFrenzy said:

It will be easier to spot out any cheaters :) @doc jay

22 hours ago, Nau said:

I can only play saturday.

you said this last time and said you were on a shit laptop, then proceeded to be on eddy steam and played every game. My vote goes for captain pick, it worked well last time and I enjoyed my team and the games we played... just gotta remember it's for fun not the rewards xD