Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChosenOne2000

Recruitment Reform: Phase 1

1 hour ago, XxdragonxX88 said:

So how will this affect people like me whom are CURRENTLY "applying" will we get a revote if we dont get in or do we still have to wait a month before we can try again?

Starting on June 1st

10 minutes ago, driz said:

the changes go into effect 1jun, the full automated process should be here in the next couple months.

Just to clarify so i can reappl on 7/1/2016?

11 minutes ago, XxdragonxX88 said:

Just to clarify so i can reappl on 7/1/2016?

If your app is denied this month, you can reapply in July.

4 minutes ago, wtf said:

@ChosenOne2000 Are you guys going to do a test application for this new reform? I think that should be something you guys do before this whole process takes place.

The automated process will be tested extensively prior to going live. The "rules" go into effect 1 June.

Will we ever have a time where people cant come back just to vote? Like someone who hasnt showed forum activity for 6 months comes in to vote on someone that wouldnt get in otherwise? 

7 minutes ago, vexer said:

Will we ever have a time where people cant come back just to vote? Like someone who hasnt showed forum activity for 6 months comes in to vote on someone that wouldnt get in otherwise? 

Driz is working on tying in an activity monitor to the automated app. I'll let @drizexplain the process.

40 minutes ago, vexer said:

i literally just fucking answered this vexer.. scroll up

So the new voting plugin sounds awesome!  Anon voting is a great step, and great that all votes are the same now.  I guess the only thing I'm still wondering is if people that are inactive for more than a month can come back and vote?

1 minute ago, Junzou said:

So the new voting plugin sounds awesome!  Anon voting is a great step, and great that all votes are the same now.  I guess the only thing I'm still wondering is if people that are inactive for more than a month can come back and vote?

i will punch you vexer sr.

This plugin sounds awesome! but i have a question. im gonna be applying soon. i have made enemy's in CS GO and on Twitch. what about spam bots. should they have to to have an account and keep it hidden up to engineers. so that if it is a spam account we can veiw it and ban the account / remove the vote from the tally

5 minutes ago, exoarcher said:

This plugin sounds awesome! but i have a question. im gonna be applying soon. i have made enemy's in CS GO and on Twitch. what about spam bots. should they have to to have an account and keep it hidden up to engineers. so that if it is a spam account we can veiw it and ban the account / remove the vote from the tally

Only clan members can vote...

ok listen exoarcher you little shit i swear to god if you get 25 posts tonight im going to vote no 100 times on your application

Sounds great overall keep up the good work, are you guys pretty firm on 2/3 or 66%? Do you guys think that you'll be changing the percentages over time?

Sounds great overall keep up the good work, are you guys pretty firm on 2/3 or 66%? Do you guys think that you'll be changing the percentages over time?

I think I read somewhere that most of the stuff that they said was firm EXCEPT for the 66% has to be yes votes. That'll probably be changed as the months go by and people complain/bitch about it on the TMS Threads. Plus I wouldn't think that would be a problem since many of the people voting would be active anyways since inactive people can't just come out of no where and vote yes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I guess it wasn't explained to my liking, but are you allowed to change your vote? and if so, what if I voted yes and I want to change my vote but I dont want to change to no, what would happen?

1 hour ago, Scrub said:

I guess it wasn't explained to my liking, but are you allowed to change your vote? and if so, what if I voted yes and I want to change my vote but I dont want to change to no, what would happen?

One of my favorite things about the new system.  You better be damn sure when you vote... I think.  @driz?  Allowing changing of votes?

7 hours ago, Towelie said:

we are currently firm on it unless it proves to be an issue.  a 66% majority is a typical voting system that has proven to be effective globally. we may change the minimum votes required, but i suspect the 66% will remain perpetually.

6 hours ago, ThatOllieWhoDies said:

I think I read somewhere that most of the stuff that they said was firm EXCEPT for the 66% has to be yes votes. That'll probably be changed as the months go by and people complain/bitch about it on the TMS Threads. Plus I wouldn't think that would be a problem since many of the people voting would be active anyways since inactive people can't just come out of no where and vote yes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

see above

2 hours ago, Scrub said:

currently yes, when the automated version goes live, no. If you need to see the user more, see the user more before you vote. 

43 minutes ago, Junzou said:

One of my favorite things about the new system.  You better be damn sure when you vote... I think.  @driz?  Allowing changing of votes?

see above

I think this new system is going to work out nice.

Thank you to every Staff member for your time and dedication to making this happen!

1 hour ago, Ironic said:

I think this new system is going to work out nice.

Thank you to every Staff member for your time and dedication to making this happen!

@Eddy

41 minutes ago, Bluestreakid15 said:

I like the anon. voting.

I just don't like that I can't pressure people with "voting no, -2" FeelsBadMan

You can still post in the recruit's application explaining why you decided to vote no.  From what I understand, actual voting is anon/poll-based but they're allowing people to post in applications to comment on a recruit.  

I'm glad you won't be able to switch your vote, shit's stupid.  Wait until the last day to vote.

43 minutes ago, Junzou said:

You can still post in the recruit's application explaining why you decided to vote no.  From what I understand, actual voting is anon/poll-based but they're allowing people to post in applications to comment on a recruit.  

I'm glad you won't be able to switch your vote, shit's stupid.  Wait until the last day to vote.

uwot?