Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChosenOne2000

Recruitment Reform: Phase 1

6 minutes ago, Libreals420MistaChang said:

I am an excellent admin, but those are good points, I'll try and not make hash responses. 

You've obviously been doing a good job with no/not many complaints against you or anything. I didn't mean that you weren't. But it's easy to drop logic when you get emotional, and it's just something I felt needed to be pointed out :)

2 minutes ago, Moose said:

You've obviously been doing a good job with no/not many complaints against you or anything. I didn't mean that you weren't. But it's easy to drop logic when you get emotional, and it's just something I felt needed to be pointed out :)

Fair enough, also over the past 24 hours ive realized hat was a pretty childish way to respond to that information.  I am pleased to find out only 4 staff members can see the comments.  I think all RO'S should be able to view them.

1 hour ago, Yunki said:

Forums show wtf is a recruit yet I don't have an option to refer or vote on him

Fixed, thanks for reporting.

5 hours ago, Moose said:

Fixed, thanks for reporting.

I was wondering why comments werent showing up. Is this the problem?

26 minutes ago, wtf said:

I was wondering why comments werent showing up. Is this the problem?

You only can see comments on your own app other than 4 higher(idk who), you need 5 refer first before people can comment/vote on your app.

People can vote without comments as well

Just now, krony said:

You only can see comments on your own app, you need 5 refer first before people can comment/vote on your app.

I am using the automatic system, there is no thing for refs.

1 minute ago, wtf said:

I am using the automatic system, there is no thing for refs.

Your app are closed until you get 5 people refer on your app then it will be open for all members of sG to vote on your app. 

1 minute ago, krony said:

Your app are closed until you get 5 people refer on your app then it will be open for all members of sG to vote on your app. 

Never mind I see what you are saying, I was confused as in the old system you had to manually put in referrals. Thanks for clearing things up!

All,

Any referrals that were submitted in the previous two days (4-6 June) were not counted. Please resubmit your referrals. Thank you for working with us during our transition to the web application.

-sG Staff

here is what this shit might look like (based on your theme, mine is brave) in phase3

sg.png

Might I suggest that it be a list of links instead? It's not like space is lacking.

And then, as a bonus, have the current application status next to the name: referral stage, voting stage, withdrawn, and any I'm missing.

52 minutes ago, thorgot said:

Might I suggest that it be a list of links instead? It's not like space is lacking.

And then, as a bonus, have the current application status next to the name: referral stage, voting stage, withdrawn, and any I'm missing.

This.

And, It would be cool if it showed you, that you've voted on someones application, I tend to forget who i've voted for already. Im sure theres error checking already to prevent a member from voting twice, but it'd be nice to see that before I go in and fill out a comment. Not a 100% necessary request but, it would be nice.

3 hours ago, cookie eater said:

This.

And, It would be cool if it showed you, that you've voted on someones application, I tend to forget who i've voted for already. Im sure theres error checking already to prevent a member from voting twice, but it'd be nice to see that before I go in and fill out a comment. Not a 100% necessary request but, it would be nice.

this is a phase5 (we're in phase2) item; you can vote twice, it's called changing your vote :P (i ended up allowing it)

4 hours ago, thorgot said:

it already shows ref/vote next to the applicant.. withdrawn/denied/terminated apps won't show up at all.. because well you know.

links is a pretty significant change to everything.. so tentatively no. 

my next projects are 

1. automated rank apps
  2. SOmod fixed for ipb4 (promote/demote users to/from SO in the forums and sourcebans with a single click (and potentially set them to the SO group in ts3))
  3. CSGO SO playtimes app to see how active csgo SOs are being (much like zach has for gmod)
  4. aesthetic changes to functional apps

the chicago move is in there somewhere too (sorry @thorgot)

20 minutes ago, driz said:

this is a phase5 (we're in phase2) item; you can vote twice, it's called changing your vote :P (i ended up allowing it)

it already shows ref/vote next to the applicant.. withdrawn/denied/terminated apps won't show up at all.. because well you know.

links is a pretty significant change to everything.. so tentatively no. 

my next projects are 

1. automated rank apps
  2. SOmod fixed for ipb4 (promote/demote users to/from SO in the forums and sourcebans with a single click (and potentially set them to the SO group in ts3))
  3. CSGO SO playtimes app to see how active csgo SOs are being (much like zach has for gmod)
  4. aesthetic changes to functional apps

the chicago move is in there somewhere too (sorry @thorgot)

So If they Vote "Yes" and then vote "Yes" again does it count for 2 votes? or is the system designed to only allow "1" vote per member, and voting "yes / no" just changes your current vote?

How many Phases are you guys planning xD Didnt you guys start with only like 3.. now you're at 5 xD

1 hour ago, cookie eater said:

So If they Vote "Yes" and then vote "Yes" again does it count for 2 votes? or is the system designed to only allow "1" vote per member, and voting "yes / no" just changes your current vote?

How many Phases are you guys planning xD Didnt you guys start with only like 3.. now you're at 5 xD

yep, if you vote yes 50 times, they'll have 50 yes votes. Kappa

So if you're automating this whole system...

What is the point of Recruitment Officers now? Useless af.

Kidding, I know they probably do a lot for the community. We should probably just consider changing their title to something for reflective of what they do.

They still have a big job. 1 they need to make sure the tool does the job right, 2 moderate recruitment comments 3 they might be planning recruitment events 4 they back up c12 on r&r stuff as needed

Travesty was also heavily involved in feature planning for the app. Along with bug reporting

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Rune said:

So if you're automating this whole system...

What is the point of Recruitment Officers now? Useless af.

Hide contents

Kidding, I know they probably do a lot for the community. We should probably just consider changing their title to something for reflective of what they do.

They also play and recruit on the servers and plan (or help plan) community events.

Our only recruits are usually under the age of 16 though.

I demand that they're investigated for this treachery.