Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChosenOne2000

Recruitment Reform: Phase 1

28 minutes ago, wtf said:

Since their is now an automated system, the Pending/Archive wont have any use will it?

Maybe the pending, but archive should stay.

2 hours ago, wtf said:

Since their is now an automated system, the Pending/Archive wont have any use will it?

We plan on having it create a topic for each new recruit so that players can discus on the forums. This should allow us to achieve as normal. It's just not implemented yet.

this is the initial phase1 rollout. it has some phase 2 components, but there is still more to come. 

for this phase, if you applied or voted, i would love to know your experience. We resolved some usability issues today which was great and fixed some cosmetic bugs. I want to ensure this is working WELL for you guys, if we can make changes (even to wording) let me know.

there will soon be a diff msg for you retards that use your back button :) it will be "nice" (no it won't)

19 minutes ago, driz said:

there will soon be a diff msg for you retards that use your back button :) it will be "nice" (no it won't)

to be fair it was 5am in the morning and I have bad habit of click back button :c

9 minutes ago, krony said:

to be fair it was 5am in the morning and I have bad habit of click back button :c

Don't worry, we added buttons so you can actually navigate around while you're in the app. :)

Can we get some type of notification for new recruits? I understand its a new process and all, but its very hard to access

2 minutes ago, Scrub said:

Can we get some type of notification for new recruits? I understand its a new process and all, but its very hard to access

I agree, hopefully we can get new topics created for the recruits soon so people actually know when people apply.

this is the initial phase1 rollout. it has some phase 2 components, but there is still more to come. 

for this phase, if you applied or voted, i would love to know your experience. We resolved some usability issues today which was great and fixed some cosmetic bugs. I want to ensure this is working WELL for you guys, if we can make changes (even to wording) let me know.

there will soon be a diff msg for you retards that use your back button  it will be "nice" (no it won't)

Is there a way to make the drop-down menu show the recruits in alphabetical order? It'll come in handy when there's a large influx of recruits in one month plus it's a lot neater as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, ThatOllieWhoDies said:

Is there a way to make the drop-down menu show the recruits in alphabetical order? It'll come in handy when there's a large influx of recruits in one month plus it's a lot neater as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

there is, but not doing it, just pay attention to what you click.. 

14 hours ago, Scrub said:

this is planned, but it will be a while (it's also not hard to access.. its literally 1 click to see who the potentials are

3 hours ago, ChosenOne2000 said:

All,

The recruitment section is encrypted. If you see this:

nL3jZme.png?1

Click "advanced" and continue on to site.

working on spending our hard earned sg funds on a legit ssl cert since you kids are too dumb to click advanced and accept

@Swed @Savage Princess Little One

With respect to seeing comments made by other voters:

It certainly can be helpful for voters but it can also go toxic very quickly.

The recruit will still be able to see your comments made to them but other members won't be (except some Staff to monitor any shit disturbers or abusive comments).

If you don't know the person you're voting on, maybe you shouldn't be voting for them at all? Take the time to get to know the recruits and form your own opinion of them. We've reduced the number of votes needed (see reform) in order to coincide with the amount of people that will know who the recruit is enough to form their own opinion.

This will reduce bandwagoning and circlejerking issues that we currently see.

I don't like the idea of not being able to see anyone's valid opinion of the applicant however I understand the reasoning. If you don't know them don't vote. However this can be a double edged sword as a circle jerk of friends could single handily push a toxic player through with very little to no opposition depending on the server. Not every sG member plays on every server and from what I hear JB is like a magnet for faggots. 

12 minutes ago, Duex said:

Shouldnt the recruit be the one going around getting to know people?

You're right. Could have worded that better. But what I meant was don't be hasty in your decision. If you don't know them well enough maybe you shouldn't be voting yes/no on them.

29 minutes ago, Libreals420MistaChang said:

Personly without seeing comments from other people, I'm only voting no, unless ive played with them...

Do whatever you want. You're the voter and you have every right. But you might be denying someone the opportunity to be a part of this community simply because of your own ignorance.

5 minutes ago, Travesty said:

You're right. Could have worded that better. But what I meant was don't be hasty in your decision. If you don't know them well enough maybe you shouldn't be voting yes/no on them.

Do whatever you want. You're the voter and you have every right. But you might be denying someone the opportunity to be a part of this community simply because of your own ignorance.

Being kept in the dark about what other people think about a recuit is part of the ignorance.  Like for example ive seen people from GMOD TTT come and apply and then I'll ee ironic saying hes a good guy, I'll throw him a vote because I want to see the GMOD community grow..  guess that's apart of the whole circle jerk though..

Tbh I'll probably not vote no unless they are under 16...

8 minutes ago, Libreals420MistaChang said:

Being kept in the dark about what other people think about a recuit is part of the ignorance.

There is absolutely no rush to get into this community. If the community doesn't know them well enough maybe they're not fit to get in? Hell you just have to be a half decent human being and play here for a couple of months or so to get in. It's really not all that hard. I'd argue we are a pretty welcoming bunch even if most of us are rough around the edges.

If you can't get a minimum of 25 votes, then maybe you aren't active enough and shouldn't really be considered to be a part of this community yet.

Keep in mind you're just one voter.

If a recruit is active, been around for a bit and is not toxic: I guarantee they are welcomed in.

Personly without seeing comments from other people, I'm only voting no, unless ive played with them...

You shouldn't vote at all unless you know them. YOU are the kind of member that is part of the problem

I will be encouraging everyone to vote no on your future rank apps, because I don't know you and don't feel like getting to know you.

Sounds stupid right? Pretty much the same thing you just said, consider that.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, driz said:

You shouldn't vote at all unless you know them. YOU are the kind of member that is part of the problem

Tbh I made a quick rash response because I was angry, I really disagree with the comments being a staff priv, also I doubt I am apart of the "problem" as you say... 

It's OK I just troll

As a side note, most of staff can't see comments either... 4ppl can

however, you are part of the problem, as is everyone else who votes without interacting with the player. It doesn't help the community to grow when you blindly vote. It's also how people like nau got in in the first place.

I made some additional changes to the recruitment app, it should be.. easier.. 

you vote on a guy, and the drop down to select another applicant is there, hopefully it's a little more fluid.

also resolved some behind the scenes errors :)

21 hours ago, Libreals420MistaChang said:

Being kept in the dark about what other people think about a recuit is part of the ignorance.  Like for example ive seen people from GMOD TTT come and apply and then I'll ee ironic saying hes a good guy, I'll throw him a vote because I want to see the GMOD community grow..  guess that's apart of the whole circle jerk though..

Tbh I'll probably not vote no unless they are under 16...

You say you're not part of the problem, but then say things like this. It's exactly the reason we took away the ability to see others' comments.

Edit:
Your immaturity is showing, and it really makes me question if you have the capability to be a good SO. Not that I'm in charge of it, but if you're making responses like this because you're angry, or if you're really unable to see the problem behind the things you're saying, you're really not being someone I'd trust with power/responsibility of that position.

18 minutes ago, Moose said:

You say you're not part of the problem, but then say things like this. It's exactly the reason we took away the ability to see others' comments.

Edit:
Your immaturity is showing, and it really makes me question if you have the capability to be a good SO. Not that I'm in charge of it, but if you're making responses like this because you're angry, or if you're really unable to see the problem behind the things you're saying, you're really not being someone I'd trust with power/responsibility of that position.

I am an excellent admin, but those are good points, I'll try and not make hash responses.