Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChosenOne2000

Recruitment Reform: Phase 1

13 hours ago, wtf said:

This needs to be an updated link as shown here:

6c1912a3144380a04e53c1b1871bf5f5.png

It's actually already updated. Everything you'll need to know about being a recruit has already been updated

10 hours ago, thorgot said:

A concern I have: the OP says "Anonymous feedback from the voters to the applicant" which implies you'll have to vote to give feedback. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the feedback? For example, often I would want to give feedback to someone that they haven't been playing for a few weeks and that if they want my vote they have to start playing again. If I have to vote no in order to give this feedback and I can't change my vote, then I would be unable to reward them for fixing their behavior.

Am I reading this wrong? Will we be able to give feedback without voting?

I agree and if possible, I think we should be allowed to change our vote prior to month end.

Either that or don't have anonymous feedback. I think we will still have their application in the thread and we could give feedback on their application if we want to. We could always simply just message the applicant directly as well.

@ChosenOne2000 @driz @Moose

12 hours ago, thorgot said:

A concern I have: the OP says "Anonymous feedback from the voters to the applicant" which implies you'll have to vote to give feedback. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the feedback? For example, often I would want to give feedback to someone that they haven't been playing for a few weeks and that if they want my vote they have to start playing again. If I have to vote no in order to give this feedback and I can't change my vote, then I would be unable to reward them for fixing their behavior.

Am I reading this wrong? Will we be able to give feedback without voting?

you will not be able to give feedback through the voting app to say something like "play more" 

you could use steam, direct messages, or in game messages to say something like that.. 

the recruit's job is to have enough playtime to have people willing to vote. if they havent' played enough to gain your vote (yes or no) then that's on them.. they shouldn't need you to tell them to play more

2 hours ago, Travesty said:

It's actually already updated. Everything you'll need to know about being a recruit has already been updated

I agree and if possible, I think we should be allowed to change our vote prior to month end.

Either that or don't have anonymous feedback. I think we will still have their application in the thread and we could give feedback on their application if we want to. We could always simply just message the applicant directly as well.

@ChosenOne2000 @driz @Moose

don't comment me :P im not making changes.

8 minutes ago, Travesty said:

So then the OP needs to be edited

which part? it all looks correct to me?

which part? it all looks correct to me?

What thorgot quoted. The Anonymous feedback part cause it's not happening.

anonymous feedback is happening in phase2 of the automated process.. like the OP says...

it also says "anonymous feedback from the voter to the recruit"  this is all accurate. one of the reasons i disabled post counting in recruitment were all the "suggestions"

obviously thorgot isn't an abuser, but sometimes you have to punish the whole to eradicate the few.

that being said, multiple venues will exist to provide feedback without voting, the vote application won't be one of them. the application will exist almost entirely outside of IPB and it isn't a viable use of the application to leave feedback without voting.

Just now, Travesty said:

@driz Okay gotcha. So really it's just an extra way to say no to someone.

i dont think i understand.. 

if you know enough about the player to vote, you vote

if you don't know enough about the player to vote, you don't vote

if you want to provide input/feedback to a user, but don't know them well enough to vote, do it through any means except the automated voting application

if you want to provide input/feedback to a user and you do know them well enough to vote, do it through the automated voting application

i dont think i understand.. 

if you know enough about the player to vote, you vote

if you don't know enough about the player to vote, you don't vote

if you want to provide input/feedback to a user, but don't know them well enough to vote, do it through any means except the automated voting application

if you want to provide input/feedback to a user and you do know them well enough to vote, do it through the automated voting application

I'm just thinking out loud. The automated voting feedback just kinda seems useless to me. Doing it through the other channels is fine but what's the point of giving feedback through the voting app?

"I'm voting no because I don't like you."

"Cool thanks."

3 hours ago, Travesty said:

I'm just thinking out loud. The automated voting feedback just kinda seems useless to me. Doing it through the other channels is fine but what's the point of giving feedback through the voting app?

"I'm voting no because I don't like you."

"Cool thanks."

it was just to keep it in one area and allow it to be anonymous.. i can't control feedback through other venues and tbh i just don't feel like writing more code to support commenting without voting :D

That's fine with me. I thought it might have been more simple to do without but you guys work fast.

Updated original post. 

Everyone should read the addition to the original post made by driz. It explains the entire automated process. 

The second phase will be an attempt to leverage the ipb API to post the data received into the forums!! If it works it will be awesome

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Unfortunately since there was an extension for the current recruits they will be displayed on the Vote/Refer page.

Currently there is already a new application from Krony.

To be certain if they're from this current month's voting period, their application will be fully completed when you click on the Applicants name.

NEW RECRUITS: If you're wondering why you can't see your application once you send it in, it's because you don't have permission. Once you send in your application, hope for the best. sG members will be able to view it and refer/vote on your application. A tally will be visible by the end of the month to see how you did. It will show only the totals and not how specific members voted.

Your user group will automatically be changed so you will know immediately if you got in or not, prior to viewing the tally.

GL to all recruits!

I voted on Krony and left a message however I can't find it on the comments section. Did something happen with my vote and somehow not go through?

4 minutes ago, Yunki said:

I voted on Krony and left a message however I can't find it on the comments section. Did something happen with my vote and somehow not go through?

Seem's there is an issue with voting, we are also having issues where I would vote yes and then the next page said I voted no. It is being looked into.

10 minutes ago, ZachPL said:

Seem's there is an issue with voting, we are also having issues where I would vote yes and then the next page said I voted no. It is being looked into.

The no thing was just textual, the vote was still being recorded. It should be fixed now.

Still looking into why @Yunki comment didn't appear.

1 hour ago, krony said:

Huh did I put wrong link at first? Thought I did double check, my bad

It looks more like a bug than human error to me.

It looks more like a bug than human error to me.

Apparently you link your own gameme in the form.

2 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Apparently you link your own gameme in the form.

You're right. Natsu's gameme link is fine.