Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bulldog

Ted Cruz Suspends Presidential Campaign

Now it's guranteed that Trump will win the nomination.

I also saw a recent poll showing that versus him and HC, Trump is favored 53% to Hillary's 47%

I really don't want Trump as a president. Him running is a joke, like Kanye West saying he'd run in 2020. I'm still not sure why he's getting any votes at all.

24 minutes ago, Yunki said:

Now it's guranteed that Trump will win the nomination.

I also saw a recent poll showing that versus him and HC, Trump is favored 53% to Hillary's 47%

Whose poll and what state? I would be wary of polls in any regard because they don't really mean much at this point. I honestly don't care too deeply who wins the presidential election as nothing will change because the problem with the system is congress itself sadly.

Has been close to last place ever since he started his campaign.

Paul, Bush, Fiorina, and Christie all drop out immediately after they realize they suck at actually winning. "My Name was Mentioned" Carson eventually catches on. Not Kasich though, because he's a happy adult in the room.

Boldly avoids challenging anyone at the debates, SuperPAC releases negative ads about his opponents anyways. Pretends he has nothing to do with them.

Makes alliances with Rubio and Cruz, disregards and shreds them apart hours later.

Steals delegates from them, the only people who can oppose Trump.

Is now in 4th place in a 2 man race.

Kasich is either trying way too hard for 2020 right now or he doesn't want to give up on his food tour.

I don't see anything but a Trump V Clinton election. I hope to God it'll be Bernie, but that seems unlikely. I've been a bit behind with following the campaign, but by the looks of it, Sanders is struggling. I absolutely believe there is something pitting the odds against him, with the "random" issues regarding his supporters trying to vote for him in the primaries. Not to mention the fact that he won a state but still lost the delegate count to Clinton. Shit is so fishy. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

I don't see anything but a Trump V Clinton election. I hope to God it'll be Bernie, but that seems unlikely. I've been a bit behind with following the campaign, but by the looks of it, Sanders is struggling. I absolutely believe there is something pitting the odds against him, with the "random" issues regarding his supporters trying to vote for him in the primaries. Not to mention the fact that he won a state but still lost the delegate count to Clinton. Shit is so fishy. 

His lack of support from minority groups who usually have extremely high voting turnouts and that his target millennial base have some of the lowest is one of the big things against him. For example, millennials in Connecticut only had a 14% turnout rate. Additionally, about half of millennials are unaffiliated meaning they can't vote in Closed Primaries. Like Clinton or not, you have to admit she does much better job at addressing racial issues than Sanders does. His inability to see that not everything descends from income inequality hurts him in that regard.

It's a miracle that he even made it this far, but him continuing to insist on running despite the fact he's mathematically out of it is only splintering the Democratic Party. My issue with Sanders is that he hasn't been emphasizing how critical it is for Democrats to take the House and Senate for his revolution. If they fall short of a super-majority, his revolution will never happen. Rather than emphasizing party unity and how dangerous a Trump presidency would be for his revolution, he still insists on attacking Clinton's character. Like her or not, she's going to win and she's the only chance Sanders has of pushing his ideas through.

I don't doubt that Sanders believes that what he's doing is the right thing. But dragging out the Democrat's primary like this when the Republican Primary is finished and Trump is going to focus his efforts on Clinton now? That's not helping.

44 minutes ago, JFK said:

His lack of support from minority groups who usually have extremely high voting turnouts and that his target millennial base have some of the lowest is one of the big things against him. For example, millennials in Connecticut only had a 14% turnout rate. Additionally, about half of millennials are unaffiliated meaning they can't vote in Closed Primaries. Like Clinton or not, you have to admit she does much better job at addressing racial issues than Sanders does. His inability to see that not everything descends from income inequality hurts him in that regard.

It's a miracle that he even made it this far, but him continuing to insist on running despite the fact he's mathematically out of it is only splintering the Democratic Party. My issue with Sanders is that he hasn't been emphasizing how critical it is for Democrats to take the House and Senate for his revolution. If they fall short of a super-majority, his revolution will never happen. Rather than emphasizing party unity and how dangerous a Trump presidency would be for his revolution, he still insists on attacking Clinton's character. Like her or not, she's going to win and she's the only chance Sanders has of pushing his ideas through.

I don't doubt that Sanders believes that what he's doing is the right thing. But dragging out the Democrat's primary like this when the Republican Primary is finished and Trump is going to focus his efforts on Clinton now? That's not helping.

I wonder if they already have an agreement between Hillary and Bernie that the loser will be VP? I mean, it would help unite the party compared to splitting it, that being said I don't think the issue may be as bad as you make it. I really don't mind whoever gets it for the party mainly because I cannot vote for republicans because of the bullshit that happened during Bush and Obama presidency. In short, I feel they are too far from reality, mind you democrats probably aren't much better in this aspect either just not as bad from what I have seen. Interesting note, I do remember hearing some republicans will not vote for Trump, so they may not vote or vote against him.

This election is interesting and the republican party itself might of screwed themselves out of another presidency. I mean, they had what 17 candidates and they ended up with the crazies at end? Not saying it will happen but if people with a rational mindset will make a decent choice hopefully.

Opinions aside, lets hope my generation the fucking millennials actually go out there and vote. Regardless, of who they vote for.

8 hours ago, Triviali said:

I really don't want Trump as a president. Him running is a joke, like Kanye West saying he'd run in 2020. I'm still not sure why he's getting any votes at all.

In my opinion, America will start to go downhill. Fast. The principals and logistics of running for president will go out the window. Hell, it already has. 

It's turning into who cares for this country and how it is run, to whoever has the most money will become president. We say we will make a reasonable decision in choosing who will lead and represent out country.. But who are people going to vote for more? The popular, rich, business owner,  with little to no background in economics and politics, or the representative that nobody has heard of, with significantly less money  and less popularity, but with the knowledge of how our government runs and the person whom has great ideals for this nation?

Sadly, in the end, the election process will become nothing but a popularity contest - instead of it being about a great leader for Americans.

9 hours ago, Triviali said:

Because Bernie is losing to a criminal and many people are dropping from the race.

18a500079a9ba4b6a3a7f85743a96b33.jpg

I still putting some hope in Bernie but who knows if he will stay in or not

If Bernie doesn't run as independent or win the nomination, I'm pretty confident Trump will destroy Hillary in the elections. To me it seems between HC and BS, BS has a greater chance of stopping Trump in his tracks. Unless the powers that be rig the election more than they already have to put HC in office over Trump.

Trump will most likely lose to Hillary, and here is why. 

He has the highest disapproval rate of everyone, and many Republicans won't be loyal to the party's nominee this general election.  Also, latest poll sees him at 41% vs Hillarys 54%.  Plus, Hillary will win the states that carry the most electoral votes, except maybe Texas.  

Trump vs Hillary will put another Clinton in the White House. 

Now Sanders vs Hillary vs Trump will most likely put Trump in the White House. 

It's a kind of taboo to have a party member split and run as an independent, because it splits the votes for their party. 

Lets say 50% of america are GOP members, the other are DNC. 

Now you have 50% voting for Trump since most people will be party loyal, (i said many won't support Trump, i didnt say not the majority) and you will not have a split vote between Clinton and Sanders that won't match the same as Trump.  Running as an independent won't work for Sanders.  He will probably just ensure a Trump in the White House.  Now this is based on past demographics, voter loyalty and turnout, and it could just be completely different this time around. 

44 minutes ago, slyfox said:

Trump will most likely lose to Hillary, and here is why. 

He has the highest disapproval rate of everyone, and many Republicans won't be loyal to the party's nominee this general election.  Also, latest poll sees him at 41% vs Hillarys 54%.  Plus, Hillary will win the states that carry the most electoral votes, except maybe Texas.  

Trump vs Hillary will put another Clinton in the White House. 

Now Sanders vs Hillary vs Trump will most likely put Trump in the White House. 

It's a kind of taboo to have a party member split and run as an independent, because it splits the votes for their party. 

Lets say 50% of america are GOP members, the other are DNC. 

Now you have 50% voting for Trump since most people will be party loyal, (i said many won't support Trump, i didnt say not the majority) and you will not have a split vote between Clinton and Sanders that won't match the same as Trump.  Running as an independent won't work for Sanders.  He will probably just ensure a Trump in the White House.  Now this is based on past demographics, voter loyalty and turnout, and it could just be completely different this time around. 

With all the indictment speculation surrounding Hillary and her campaign, it's likely it will have a lasting negative effect on her whole run for Presidency.

It's easy for Trump being that he is pretty much the only solid candidate as of now for the Rep. Party. Kasich is only in there out of spite and will probably suspend his campaign soon. The GOP would have to destroy itself in order to prevent Trump from gaining the nomination.

On the Democratic side, Hillary is sweeping certain states from Sanders while barely losing to him in others. Despite all her success in primaries, she is facing investigations from our Federal Bureau. 

Now, here's a little speculation of mine: the lead investigator is a known Conservative. Chances are he is prolonging the investigation in order to indict her closer to her convention. This would likely force her to abandon her campaign. The Dems would scramble to select a new candidate if Sanders happens to drop out before then.

I feel like some form of legal action will happen before Hillary's nomination and Trump would latch onto that shit. Hillary is set up to lose. Sanders is the polar opposite and would perform much better in contrast to Trump's current facetious views.

5 hours ago, Reaper0470 said:

If Bernie doesn't run as independent or win the nomination, I'm pretty confident Trump will destroy Hillary in the elections. To me it seems between HC and BS, BS has a greater chance of stopping Trump in his tracks. Unless the powers that be rig the election more than they already have to put HC in office over Trump.

Other way around. Only way Trump wins is if Bernie decides to go back on his word and run as an independent, which he won't because he knows that will spoil the election. That's why Trump is trying to goad him into severing his ties with the DNC and go independent. He's setting the Republican Party up for a catastrophic loss in November.

Both Clinton and Sanders can comfortably defeat Trump, or pretty much anyone running as a Democrat can really if just because he's FAR too unpopular among everyone that's not white, old, and a blue collar worker. People will turn out and vote for the Democrat this season if only just because they despise Trump. Trump may have done well in the Republican Primary, but women and minorities generally vote Democratic and not in Republican Primaries. Something the GOP were reminded when Romney lost to Obama in 2012 despite winning the white vote.

Even if in the highly unlikely chance Hillary is indicted for whatever FBI thing, there's always Bernie as the backup who is qualified enough to defeat Trump. It would be a closer election with Sanders, but a win is a win.

Didn't Cruise just announce a woman as his running mate (VP or something??) just a couple days ago? How'd he withdraw so quick?

And there's no way Bernie will beat Clinton at this point. The number simply don't add up; Hillary has every single superdelegate on her side.

32 minutes ago, zhopia said:

Didn't Cruise just announce a woman as his running mate (VP or something??) just a couple days ago? How'd he withdraw so quick?

And there's no way Bernie will beat Clinton at this point. The number simply don't add up; Hillary has every single superdelegate on her side.

He lost the one state he absolutely needed to win in order to stop Trump from reaching the magical 1273.

It's May so I don't pay attention to any presidential election poll. Not really a big fan of Trump but I will never vote for Hillary so I may have to look into third party.

14 hours ago, JFK said:

Other way around. Only way Trump wins is if Bernie decides to go back on his word and run as an independent, which he won't because he knows that will spoil the election. That's why Trump is trying to goad him into severing his ties with the DNC and go independent. He's setting the Republican Party up for a catastrophic loss in November.

Both Clinton and Sanders can comfortably defeat Trump, or pretty much anyone running as a Democrat can really if just because he's FAR too unpopular among everyone that's not white, old, and a blue collar worker. People will turn out and vote for the Democrat this season if only just because they despise Trump. Trump may have done well in the Republican Primary, but women and minorities generally vote Democratic and not in Republican Primaries. Something the GOP were reminded when Romney lost to Obama in 2012 despite winning the white vote.

Even if in the highly unlikely chance Hillary is indicted for whatever FBI thing, there's always Bernie as the backup who is qualified enough to defeat Trump. It would be a closer election with Sanders, but a win is a win.

7 hours ago, Ian Kinsler said:

It's May so I don't pay attention to any presidential election poll. Not really a big fan of Trump but I will never vote for Hillary so I may have to look into third party.

JFK what Ian said here is how a large majority of Bernie supporters feel. Hillary won't be getting votes already regardless if Bernie runs independent. Democratic party has been split and Hillary is not going to be the one to unify them. Either the supporters are going to say fuck it and vote Trump or look for a third party over giving Hillary the support. 

9 hours ago, Reaper0470 said:

JFK what Ian said here is how a large majority of Bernie supporters feel. Hillary won't be getting votes already regardless if Bernie runs independent. Democratic party has been split and Hillary is not going to be the one to unify them. Either the supporters are going to say fuck it and vote Trump or look for a third party over giving Hillary the support. 

Only a vocal minority feel this way. I remember in 2008, which was actually a very competitive primary, how many of Hillary's supporters also insisted that they would never consider voting for Obama.

What will happen is that Bernie will come out and endorse Clinton when he loses and encourage his supporters to do so as well. He and his wife have made it abundantly clear they DO NOT want Trump coming anywhere close near the presidency. Eventually most of Bernie's most vocal supporters will get over it just like Clinton's supporters did in 2008. They'll realize that Trump is magnitudes worse than Clinton and that she's really not the devil they cracked her up to be.

And the Bernie supporters who still insist claim they'll vote Trump over Clinton at the time really have no business pretending to care about Bernie's ideals and have no understanding of what a political spectrum is if that they're willing to vote for someone who dismisses Bernie as a senile communist.

16 hours ago, Ian Kinsler said:

All the Republicans have swore that they wouldn't be running as independents. Bernie also stated he wouldn't try to splinter the Democratic party. Personally, I don't think there are any other viable third-party candidates.