Sign in to follow this  
MistaChang

Macros

So there is cobtraverys on using binds threw your keyboard to set up loud outs aswell throwing smoke and jumping and throwing smoke and a bunch of things, so I was wondering if we are aloud to use macros as there are many people with keyboards that's have those capability and I don't want to get perma'd becuase I wasn't sure, I have msg people asking for.the answer but I havnt gotten a diffontive answer most people say asking as ur not downloading programs to auto aim(aim bbots) your OK to use macros.

So are we aloud to use macro's on sG servers?

Edited by Libreals420MistaChang

jesus, that has got to be the most poorly written post I have read this year. 

anticheat might ban you. I suggest not trying. (we do not allow scripting; macros are a form of this)

Edited by skitt

33 minutes ago, skitt said:

anticheat might ban you. I suggest not trying. (we do not allow scripting; macros are a form of this)

i had to read it 2 times to understand it. 

1 hour ago, skitt said:

Yea I wrote it while I was at work and didn't spell check it :P and certain people already have admin macros aswell as auto buy macros for buying weapons so I'm wondering the status on that, aswell setting up an auto buy for TTT as I've had people telling me not to worry that there just admin binds.

28 minutes ago, Libreals420MistaChang said:

Yea I wrote it while I was at work and didn't spell check it :P and certain people already have admin macros aswell as auto buy macros for buying weapons so I'm wondering the status on that, aswell setting up an auto buy for TTT as I've had people telling me not to worry that there just admin binds.

I think most people use Admin Binds and Alias's which are different than Macros.

I used to have a bunch of Jailbreak binds, eg.

*Before the freekiller cmd*

alias "freekiller" "sm_freeze @!me -1; sm_say Freekiller Freekiller Freekiller; sm_noclip @me"

bind f9 "freekiller"

Edited by cookie eater

23 minutes ago, cookie eater said:

I think most people use Admin Binds and Alias's which are different than Macros.

alias "freekiller" "sm_freeze @!me -1; sm_say Freekiller Freekiller Freekiller; sm_noclip @me"

bind f9 "freekiller"

So I can have a chat macro?

Aswell can't you use the console to bind a key to make any macro?

And I think I'm really confusing myself with the difference between scripting and macros..

bind f9 "freekiller"

Except that one SO who got banned because he had a stupid long ass bind.

6 minutes ago, centran said:

Is there a forum made for clarification,

Also im considering getting a new mouse that has an auto fire key, are those alloud?

7 minutes ago, Libreals420MistaChang said:

Is there a forum made for clarification,

Also im considering getting a new mouse that has an auto fire key, are those alloud?

Souce games allow you to make scripts and binds. Usually a seperate cfg file in your game directory that will perform an action in game.

A macro will "type" or "do" a function when you press a button, usually bound in your Keyboard Software Settings. (Using MKeys usually) 

They are pretty similar in function, but Anticheats can pick up on macros and ban you for them. I would stick to CFG files that are safe to use (Chat binds, Admin Commands, Self-Kill binds)

I dont use binds much anymore, but im pretty sure your safe to use them as they are built into the engine, whereas macros are not.

Well ... point taken.

Edited by cookie eater

18 minutes ago, cookie eater said:

Souce games allow you to make scripts and binds. Usually a seperate cfg file in your game directory that will perform an action in game.

A macro will "type" or "do" a function when you press a button, usually bound in your Keyboard Software Settings. (Using MKeys usually) 

They are pretty similar in function, but Anticheats can pick up on macros and ban you for them. I would stick to CFG files that are safe to use (Chat binds, Admin Commands, Self-Kill binds)

I dont use binds much anymore, but im pretty sure your safe to use them as they are built into the engine, whereas macros are not.

Well ... point taken.I

ok can staff confirm?

And thank you!

Aswell our we alloud to use mice with an auto fire button?

On April 15, 2016 at 4:23 PM, skitt said:

True ^^^^<_<<_<<_< are you smarter then a 5th grader? I think not... 

Edited by The Impenetrable Wall