Sign in to follow this  
Ironic

Change some Admin commands request.

Last night (since Vanilla was down for some weird reason) I decided to head over to Custom and play on there for about an hour before I went to bed. There's a few commands that I really don't think Paidmins need to have, and heck I'm even fine if you want to remove it for SO's.

!rocket and !trainfuck

As these commands can be cool to use, I noticed some Paidmins would use them every time the round ended (and sometimes when the round was in pre round) and they would !rocket or !trainfuck the rest of the people alive.

943ff8cbde92552a0cb2b61c455245d4.png28ac3d540db12d6c86adbcac8b21d9cf.png

Luckily Deer Man and the other Paidmins that were doing this were respectful enough to stop once I told them to stop. But seeing how tempting these commands are, I really don't feel there's a need for them. Especially seeing how some people in the game were complaining about it.

I pretty much agree, even though I'm guilty of doing it every now and then. Although it can liven things up to "!aboose *" at the end of a round it does quickly get played-out and rather annoying if done all the time.

But on the other hand...

!trainfuck Ironic

You do realize they're paying a lot of money to access these commands, right? Otherwise that's the point?

Likewise, paidmins could know that using commands like that @all isn't acceptable. It should be handled on an individual basis, not as a whole.

34 minutes ago, Rune said:

You do realize they're paying a lot of money to access these commands, right? Otherwise that's the point?

Likewise, paidmins could know that using commands like that @all isn't acceptable. It should be handled on an individual basis, not as a whole.

They aren't paying money to just fuck with everyone after every round... No, they pay the money because they want to help out our server. Instead of always having to tell them not to do this, it would be way easier just to take off these commands for them, which isn't hard to do.

Just now, Ironic said:

They aren't paying money to just fuck with everyone after every round... No, they pay the money because they want to help out our server. Instead of always having to tell them not to do this, it would be way easier just to take off these commands for them, which isn't hard to do.

Lol what are you talking about? What makes you the judge of what they get to pay their money for?

There isn't any contract stating that they're obligated to help the server with what they pay for. Quite the opposite in fact. If someone gets RDM'd, they're under no obligation to slay the offender. You realize this I hope? There's a reason they're called paidmins. They pay for what they get, and use it as long as they're not abusing it.

23 minutes ago, Rune said:

They pay for what they get, and use it as long as they're not abusing it.

In defense of Ironic's point, someone who buys admin in order to fuck with people probably won't go too long before abusing.

1 hour ago, TurtleFrenzy said:

tfw gmod SOs have had permaban forever

wheres our admin equality in powers! tyranny! fight the power!

We can't permaban

Edited by Darren

2 hours ago, Rune said:

Lol what are you talking about? What makes you the judge of what they get to pay their money for?

There isn't any contract stating that they're obligated to help the server with what they pay for. Quite the opposite in fact. If someone gets RDM'd, they're under no obligation to slay the offender. You realize this I hope? There's a reason they're called paidmins. They pay for what they get, and use it as long as they're not abusing it.

Yeah I know they aren't required to do anything, I've said this to multiple different Paidmins, but at the same time, they aren't suppose to be abusing their admin powers by !rocket or !trainfucking everyone at the end of every round. That's where the issue is. 

32 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Yeah I know they aren't required to do anything, I've said this to multiple different Paidmins, but at the same time, they aren't suppose to be abusing their admin powers by !rocket or !trainfucking everyone at the end of every round. That's where the issue is. 

Here you go again with coupling everyone as a whole into one group. Like I said previously, you deal with this on an individual basis. They shouldn't be doing commands like this to everyone at once. 

I would think someone entrusted to being an SO on our servers would be capable of handling as much.

11 minutes ago, Rune said:

Here you go again with coupling everyone as a whole into one group. Like I said previously, you deal with this on an individual basis. They shouldn't be doing commands like this to everyone at once. 

I would think someone entrusted to being an SO on our servers would be capable of handling as much.

I can handle it when I'm on the server, the problem is when I'm not on. I joined in on the sever and they were instantly doing all this after every round and people kept asking them to stop. So instead of us wasting our times telling them to stop, why doesn't Zach, Gerald, or Centran get on and just restrict their ability to do it. It's so easy.

Edited by Ironic

Hey, I aologize if I caused any trouble, In my defense I did stop, Train fucking is a pretty big thing in custom, I find that some people get a good laugh out of it.

No troubles! <3 

7 minutes ago, DMODW said:

Hey, I aologize if I caused any trouble, In my defense I did stop, Train fucking is a pretty big thing in custom, I find that some people get a good laugh out of it.

No troubles! <3 

I don't think Ironic meant to single you out, rather to use you as an example, since it isn't unique for an admin to have a little fun with commands when the round ends. Kudos for owning up though.

I've always known the trainfuck in custom, known people to use it, I admit, I used it, every round aahahaha, and I don't find it as being singled out, ye gotta do what you gotta do. 
as I said.

My apologies. :) 

3 hours ago, Avenger said:

i dont see the problem if they do it after the round has ended

doing it pre-round is taboo

I normally don't see a problem either, but when it happens after every single round and people start to complain, that's when it becomes an issue.

And no Deer Man, I wasn't trying to single you out! I was just using the screenshots I had of you as an example. I in no way made this post to try to get you introuble!

haha nothing better than people who don't play or administrate Gmod to tell people who play and administrate Gmod how to deal with issues on server's that they fucking play and administrate on a daily basis, amirite?

People pay 10 bucks a month (most of the time) for paidmin and in return, have the opportunity to access commands that others don't. They receive a unique power that only sG members possess. With great power comes great responsiblitiy, blah blah. To make things short, Gmod has had its fair share of good and bad paidmins and they both have access to most of the commands that SO's do. You do not pay 10 dollars a month to fuck with the server, you're signing up to be a paidmin, not a justified RDM'er. If you wanna pay 10 bucks and don't wanna admin, we have donor for that. If you want paidmin, then you're gonna be held to standards. Not to say any of our current paidmins fall short of these standards, they don't. But we have had some who have (Pink*, Thotwalk).

As far as I'm aware of, removing command power is not an individual thing Rune, it's through a group. So I think that if we were to remove it from one paidmin, it'd be removed from all paidmins.

Imo, paidmins should be given the bare minimum to administrate the server (slay, aslay, kick, mute, gag, sban, sbanid, warn, bring, (noclip is a maybe, considering thotwalk)). Let's leave the fun stuff to SO's and Staff that didn't throw money in our faces to get a quick laugh and gained enough trust in the community to be responsible with those commands.

Edited by Sith

I don't see the problem with post-round trainfuck and rocket. Does it affect the potential outcome of the game? No. Preround you could make an argument and those paid admins who do it need to stop.

8 hours ago, Ian Kinsler said:

I don't see the problem with post-round trainfuck and rocket. Does it affect the potential outcome of the game? No. Preround you could make an argument and those paid admins who do it need to stop.

It's like what I told Avenger, if the people playing are okay with it then yeah post-round I don't see an issue, but if they're complaining about it and yet the admins are still doing it then it becomes an issue. Now pre-round of course is a big no no and I got onto them for that.

After thinking about this post I made I've come to the realization that I don't really care if they have these commands anymore, but if I see Paidmins overusing their admin powers and doing !trainfuck or !rocket to people who don't want them to, then I'm going to report them to the forums. I made this post because there was just one bad day where some Admins were doing this, but they've been fine now.

I'll be watching you boys!!! :B):