Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IncendiaryH

Decent Graphics Card

So I didn't build my own desktop, just got a dell not that expensive one which has a GTX 720 graphics card in it. The thing is so bad on everything I run, its a miracle that I can play anything. Can anyone point out a graphics card that is like good enough to run games decently but doesn't break my bank account?

What is doesn't break my bank account? 

Give me the maximum you want to spend and I'll suggest you something,

EDIT: also, please link me to the desktop model or just tell me the model number so I can look up other specs.

Best value card imho is 950 GTX. Runs everything I have on highest settings pretty easily, and isn't all that expensive.

ive been researching low-mid tier cards for awhile now and a overclocked 950 should be able to run games like gta5 and witcher on high with a few options set to med and definitely has the best price/performance out of anything out there, and will be a good stepping stone until you have enough to upgrade the rest of your pc

before anyone jumps down my throat with the OMG SUB 60FPS UNPLAYABLE i beat this game on a 6850 running ~30fps on death march

2 hours ago, Kordless said:

What is doesn't break my bank account? 

Give me the maximum you want to spend and I'll suggest you something,

EDIT: also, please link me to the desktop model or just tell me the model number so I can look up other specs.

250 would probably be my maximum and heres the desktop link http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/xps-8900-desktop/pd?oc=smx8900w10h1015&model_id=xps-8900-desktop  and Im wrong about the gtx 720 its some other crap, but yeah whatevers good. Peeps saying that the 950 is good.

Just now, IncendiaryH said:

250 would probably be my maximum and heres the desktop link http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/xps-8900-desktop/pd?oc=smx8900w10h1015&model_id=xps-8900-desktop  and Im wrong about the gtx 720 its some other crap, but yeah whatevers good. Peeps saying that the 950 is good.

Your processor is fine, you might want to pick up 8GB of additional DDR4 memory as RAM is pretty cheap now.

I would either buy a 950 and save the rest, or save up for an R9 390/GTX 970, the R9 is better but the 970s are on sale and in stock more often.

The difference between a 950 and a 960 is marginal, so just save your money and buy the 950.

1 hour ago, Kordless said:

Your processor is fine, you might want to pick up 8GB of additional DDR4 memory as RAM is pretty cheap now.

I would either buy a 950 and save the rest, or save up for an R9 390/GTX 970, the R9 is better but the 970s are on sale and in stock more often.

The difference between a 950 and a 960 is marginal, so just save your money and buy the 950.

wtf is going on... a year ago I spent around $60-ish for G.Skill Ripjay DDR3 1600Mhz 8GB, and now the DDR4 8GB same brand is only $30?? Can I just buy this new ram and replace the old cards? Or can I even just have them all together? (probably not but If i could :P

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231886&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Memory+%28Desktop+Memory%29-_-N82E16820231886&gclid=CjwKEAjwlq24BRDMjdK7g8mD6BASJABBl8n3ZheAGZXyRetJld0jQriL_DSfmBAgEWL8h9oiTx4UrBoCsv_w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

1 hour ago, slyfox said:

wtf is going on... a year ago I spent around $60-ish for G.Skill Ripjay DDR3 1600Mhz 8GB, and now the DDR4 8GB same brand is only $30?? Can I just buy this new ram and replace the old cards? Or can I even just have them all together? (probably not but If i could :P

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231886&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Memory+%28Desktop+Memory%29-_-N82E16820231886&gclid=CjwKEAjwlq24BRDMjdK7g8mD6BASJABBl8n3ZheAGZXyRetJld0jQriL_DSfmBAgEWL8h9oiTx4UrBoCsv_w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

You need a different mobo that supports DDR4, DDR4 doesn't work in any mobo that supports DDR3 and vice versa, DDR3 is even cheaper now though, so yeah.

wtf is going on... a year ago I spent around $60-ish for G.Skill Ripjay DDR3 1600Mhz 8GB, and now the DDR4 8GB same brand is only $30?? Can I just buy this new ram and replace the old cards? Or can I even just have them all together? (probably not but If i could

You would need a new mobo my dude. Just get an additional 8gb of ddr3 and that should probably keep your rig good for another couple more years!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Kordless said:

You need a different mobo that supports DDR4, DDR4 doesn't work in any mobo that supports DDR3 and vice versa, DDR3 is even cheaper now though, so yeah.

yea I would need a new mobo for DDR4... ;-; It's fine right now though, so I guess "if it aint broke, dont fix it"

his desktop has ddr4 already

8GB, 2133MHz, DDR4 up to 64GB (Additional memory sold seperately)

edit: jk slyfox isn't op