Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Lowki

People are unmuted just a little problem

So recently stuff has been going on with the muting system i see sometimes by accident (i think) an admin will unmute @all and then we all try to mute them back because it becomes aids as fuck so we try yet as many times as you wanna mute them it does not do anything alive it usualy works but dead people will sometimes be unmuted till the end of the round because we just cannot mute them. Then there was a specific case yesterday with Leeroy where it said for him Your mute has expired right? happens sometimes when the map lasts for a while and they were muted earlier anyways we tried to mute him multiple times he was muted by multiple admins yet he could still talk but he started spamming music blamming us for it cause hes not suppose to be unmuted but not really that important cause he got kicked anyways would be nice to fix that.

And now on to the admins talking as t's I see a lot more admins recently just always unmuting themselfs for no reason to just talk because they get and i would like to know how to react to that thanks !

HI!

admins always do it, they unmute themselves for no reason just to talk i think they shouldnt be able to be unmuted for no reason just to talk. Maybe that causes the reason for all the people to get unmuted because maybe they did @all instead of themselves

Paidmins unmuting themselves are stupid.

That shouldn't even be a thing anymore except for when you're the last alive T and you have LR.

Pretty sure you can /mute @dead, the same way you can /mute @alive, these commands both work for /unmute as well.

Tell them to mute themselves as it is considered abuse if it's in the beginning or the middle of a round.

10 minutes ago, Kordless said:

Paidmins unmuting themselves are stupid.

That shouldn't even be a thing anymore except for when you're the last alive T and you have LR.

Pretty sure you can /mute @dead, the same way you can /mute @alive, these commands both work for /unmute as well.

Tell them to mute themselves as it is considered abuse if it's in the beginning or the middle of a round.

I know they work but sometimes they glitch out and they just cant be muted its really weird

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

What even is this thread.

I want it to be delt with and admins to understand that being a T you don't just use your powers to start a converstation and i want the mute glitch to be hopefully fixed at some point if possible 

It can be enforced by SOs. Admins shouldn't be unmuting themselves to talk over warden, end of story c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Sean said:

It can be enforced by SOs. Admins shouldn't be unmuting themselves to talk over warden, end of story c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand that but them not doing it in the first place would help want it to be out there, not a good idea? Well whatever still would love not to have to deal with the mute thingy

me and revoker found a solution yesterday. just simply remove a mute from the t's then reapply the mute and that should fix it.

like how you used to have to unmute yourself.

admins unmuting themselves for no reason should be muted. There is a glitch however that was found, that if you mute a target twice, he becomes unmuted. the fix Dr. Pepper posted will work wonders.

The whole muting/unmuting system seems broken, i haven't tested it recently but i believe timed mutes do not work because it seems CT's are unmute at the begining of the round anyways, and then trying to mute them again at the begining just states that they are already muted even though they are not.  and with what cows said double mutes (even by different admins) unmutes instead of muting.  This is what happened to Leeroy as me and Cows were trying to mute Leeroy and so he keep getting unmuted,  Being unmuted doesn't mean you can spam "BUT I SHOULDN"T BE UNMUTED SO I CAN TALK!" so the kick was deserved.

But with the paidmins thing, i think it should at least report in chat that the paidmin has unmuted themselves, because i remember the first unmute never stated anything in chat so it looks really weird if they start talking out of the blue.

It might be only a JB thing that the muting system is broken because JB working differently than say ZE or MG or W3 where everyone is always unmuted.