Sign in to follow this  
IncendiaryH

Pushing into water is RDMing?

Recently while playing on the Vanilla TTT server, there was an argument between an admin and a regular as to whether pushing an AFK individual into the water is RDMing. The admins argument was that since you are physically pushing the player into the water which starts his death, it is RDM. The regular's argument was that since he has not physically killed the AFK and since nothing appears in the damage logs and that the water (the environment) will kill the AFK, so it does not count as RDM. Who is right?

It counts as RDM.

It's the same logic you can apply to prop killing. 

Sure, the guy holding the prop doesn't kill the AFK technically since nothing appears in the damage logs, but the prop is part of the environment, and it's still RDM.

If you directly cause someone's death using any method to move them or push something against them, it's RDM.

I would say RDM. Imagine using a prop to get someone to fall off a tall cliff, or using your crowbar to do the same.

That's like saying if I armed C4 and the C4 killed a detective, technically I didn't kill the detective, the C4 did. That's also like saying when you died from my rifle that the bullet killed you, not me.

It's RDM, the regular is retarded, can confirm.

SO for 2 years, staff for 1

I can confirm that pushing someone into something that would kill them is still rdm whether it's lava, water, or a moving object on the map. 

1 hour ago, Reaper0470 said:

SO for 2 years, staff for 1

I can confirm that pushing someone into something that would kill them is still rdm whether it's lava, water, or a moving object on the map. 

Same...why people be so stupid.

dam i would always love to do this.  I mean technically yes its RDM, but the DUDE IT AFK.  If i am able to take the 1-2 mins to push him into water than come on.