Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trav

sG | Rocket League 3v3 Tournament - Saturday, April 16, 2016

ErTNfQl.png

Thanks to all who participated :)

Foot Fairies beat Butthole Cafeteria in the finals 4 - 2

sG | Rocket League 3v3 Tournament - Spring 2016

When: Saturday, April 16th, 2016 - 1:00 P.M. CST

Bracket Type: Double Elimination (Best of 5's and a Best of 7 Final)

http://challonge.com/sgrocketleague2016

8a9eceb8ba.png

TAKE YOUR SCREENSHOTS AND POST THE MATCH RESULTS HERE

Matches 1, 2, 3, 4 - 1:00 PM CST

Matches 5, 6, 7, 8-  1:30 PM CST

Matches 9, 10, 11, 12 - 2:00 CST

Matches 13, 14 - 2:30 CST

Match 16 - 3:00 CST - WINNERS BRACKET FINAL

Match 15 - 3:30 CST

Match 17 - 4:00 CST - LOSERS BRACKET FINAL

Match 18 - 4:30 CST - FINAL - BO7

See Rule 4 on how to Create/Join a Lobby

Maps: All but Wasteland and the Rocket Labs

Stream: www.twitch.tv/justpureownage

Prizes: $150 ($50 to each of the 3 players) for first place. Eligible winners will also be able to choose one item from the donated prize list. First choice will be decided by the winning team player with the most MVP stars (counted in the screenshots of each match) after the winning team has chosen then it will go to the finalists. First Place Winners will also receive a fancy 3D badge.  4Head

Second Place will receive one item from the Donated Prize list.

Donated Prizes:

• ARK: Survival Evolved (donated by Joscal)
  • Mass Effect™ 2 (donated by Joscal)
  • Saints Row IV (donated by Joscal)
  • Payday 2 (donated by Joscal)
  • Rust (Early Access Game) (donated by Joscal)
  • Stardew Valley (donated by Joscal)
  • Back To The Future DLC (donated by LittleOne)
  • Garry's Mod (donated by Ironic)
  • The Binding of Isaac (donated by Dray)
  • Reveal The Deep (donated by Travesty)
  • Batman: Arkham City (donated by Travesty)
  • Kivi, Toilet and Shotgun (donated by Travesty)
  • 25,000 Credits
  • One Month Free Admin+
  • Custom Title on our servers
  • Pet Skin on the Jailbreak Server
  • Ten Bank Levels or Race of the Day (50% more exp for one day of your choice) on the Warcraft 3 Server

Want to donate a prize? Please PM me  HeyGuys

Sign-up thread: 

Rules:

1 - General

1.1 - This page contains the comprehensive rules governing gameplay and conduct within the sG Rocket League Tournament. Whilst we have endeavored to ensure all rules provide adequate guidance to meet all eventualities, instances may occur where teams feel that further guidance is needed. In such an event, contact Travesty.

1.2 - All competitors involved in the sG Rocket League Tournament are expected to know and understand all of the rules. Not knowing that a rule existed is not an excuse for breaking that rule.

1.3 - Any rule being broken may lead to disciplinary action. This action will be at the discretion of the Admin(s) involved, and the situation will be taken into account. Punishment may include, but not be limited to, forfeits, replays, penalty points, kicks, temporary and permanent bans.

1.4 - Rosters must be submitted to the signup thread before the signup deadline. No substitutes or pick-ups will be permitted after the start of the tournament.

1.5 - Matches will consist of one team facing another team.

1.6 - Please ensure all Steam Profiles/PSN IDs are linked in the signup thread prior to registering.

1.7 - Matches must be played at the times specified in the schedule

1.8 - Players participating in the competition must compete under the same Steam ID/PSN throughout.

1.9 - Players who compete in the competition must only use one Steam ID/PSN and play for only one team in the competition. For all avoidance of doubt, once you play for one team you can not play for another even if your first team is out.

1.10 - Players who leave one team, are not permitted to participate on a different team until the end of the competition i.e. Only one team per competition. Any players found breaking this rule will result in an instant ban from all tournaments for a year.

1.11 - Your Steam ID/PSN must match that displayed on your team roster. If you change your Steam ID, you must get your captain to update your roster.

1.12 - If a player no-shows (does not inform team members and/or staff members, prior to the tournament start, of their absence), they will be banned from ALL sG Tournaments for a year.

2 - Competition Guidelines

2.1 - The fixture list and set game times will be released before the tournament begins.

2.2 - The top-seeded team will host a private match.

2.3 - It is the responsibility of both teams to ensure a lobby is created and all players know their specified Match Name and Password.

2.4 - A team has 15 minutes to show up with the at least TWO players and be ready to start the match. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit. Also, it is both teams responsibility to check rosters before the fixture is played to make sure that all players are eligible to play.

2.5 - Should a player be unable to connect at the start of a game, the game can be restarted within the first 30 seconds, or until the first goal has been scored.

2.6 - If a player disconnects during the game the game must continue until finished. The player will be able to reconnect during the match and in between matches.

2.7 - In the event that an entire team disconnects, the team forfeits the current game.

2.8 - At least, 1 member of each team should take a Screenshot(s) of each map's result. Screenshots should contain the map score, players on each team, and as well as the MVP of the game. PLEASE ENSURE TO TAKE THE SCREENSHOT SO MVP STARS CAN BE COUNTED FOR THE FINAL TALLY.

2.9 - The player on the winning team with the most MVP stars at the end of the tournament will get first choice of the donated prize list.

3 - Match Specific

3.1 - Matches will be BO5, Final will be BO7 with 1 game going to the Winner of the Upper Bracket.

3.2 - The top-seeded team will always select BLUE TEAM. The bottom-seeded team will always select ORANGE TEAM.

3.3 - Private match settings:

Arena: Any arena but Wasteland and Rocket Labs
Team Size: 3v3
Bot Difficulty: No Bots
Region: US-EAST
Name: ie. sgmatchb

Password. ie. sgmatchb

3.4 - Teams are allowed to choose a different stadium should both teams agree.

3.5 - Only the participants of the specified match and the shoutcaster/spectator will be able to join the designated private match lobby. A player that joins a lobby or a team, who is not playing in the designated match, will be subject to punishment from sG Staff. Especially players interrupting the game or changing its influence.

4 - Creating a lobby

4.1 - The top seeded team will create the private lobby.

To create a lobby in Rocket League, follow these steps.

• Select 'Play Online'
  • Select 'Create Private Match'

Once you've created the match, update the match setting to look like the following:

Select 'Create Match' and use the Match Name and Password corresponding to the match you're in. 

Do not select a team until ALL players from BOTH teams have joined the match.

To join the game; select 'Join Private Match' and enter the Name/Password for your match.

Example:

If you're in Match T

The name and password for your match will be: sgmatcht

Once you have connected, wait until all 6 players have connected and are spectating, then choose your team.

And now you're ready to play!

5 - Reporting Scores

5.1 - The winning team must report the Match results within 10 minutes of its completion.

5.2 - To report the Match results, teams must report the Match Score accurately, with overall games won being reported in the Match Results and Screenshots Thread

For example: Brotherman Bills 3 - Foot Fairies 2

Then post the screenshots of each game in the screenshot thread (there should be 5 screenshots for the example game)

5.3 - If a team enters the result differently, please notify Travesty of the discrepancy and he will intervene at his earliest convenience.

5.4 - Teams/players found to be deliberately misentering results may face disciplinary action from Staff.

5.5 - If a Match is not played, and neither team reports a No Show, awarding of the Match win will be decided by a Staff member.

6 - Conduct

6.1 - All participants in any sG competition will be required to uphold to the highest standards and observe common sportsmanship. sG Global Guidelines apply. Racism will NOT be tolerated. Being abusive in any way towards fellow players or admins will also result in disciplinary action.

6.2 - Anyone who has been caught cheating in any sG event may be suspended from all future sG events. sG Staff will review cases and players may be suspended for a period of not less than one year and is subject to review by sG admins for readmission after that point. If a player is caught cheating in a sG match, their team shall forfeit that game. sG will not conduct witch-hunts to try and find cheat violations against players.

6.3 - Players are expected to compete in a professional manner. Throwing a match, halting play without cause, or showing a flagrant lack of effort will be construed as a violation of player conduct, and will result in match forfeit and disqualification from the sG Rocket League Tournament Event.

6.4 - Consequences for players and teams behaving in a manner considered by admins to be exploiting, abusive, glitching, modding, cheating, unsporting, or who in any way conduct themselves in a manner not befitting the competition, will be subject to the following minimum sanctions:

a. First offence, player warned.
b. Second offence, suspension from the next tournament for the player/players involved.
c. In the event of the same or another player from the same team stepping out of line, the team will be warned and players will be banned from playing in future Rocket League tournaments.
d. Any further offences will result in the team being permanently removed from the competition.

6.5 - Players found to be abusing the game mechanic to gain an advantage in a way considered by the admin team to be unsporting will result in an admin review of the match and suitable remediation will be made in respect of that game. This will include, but is not limited to: overturning match results and awarding default wins, points deduction, player/team temporary or permanent bans.

7 - Prizes

7.1 - All results and final placements are verified by sG staff before prizes are awarded.

7.2 - If one or more players are found to have broken any rules then the entire team will forfeit their prize.

7.3 - In order to be a prize winner you must meet the prerequisites.

8 - Syndicate Gamers Staff

8.1 - sG Staff can be contacted to answer any questions or solve any problems your team may have during a Match.

8.2 - If a sG Staff member is called into a Custom Games Lobby, players must keep the sG Staff member un-muted at all times.

8.3 - Verbal and/or written abuse of a sG Staff member will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to: Forum Posts, Private Messages, and Steam Messages. The individual user and/or team violating this rule will be subject to penalties. All team leaders are responsible for the conduct of the players on the team while interacting with sG Staff and are subject to penalties if a team member becomes abusive towards sG Staff.

8.4 - sG Staff members have the discretion to make necessary calls to ensure the match is completed successfully. When in a match, the sG Staff member's call is final and must be followed. Failure to do so will result in penalties for your team.

9 - Shoutcaster/Spectators

9.1 - A designated shoutcaster will be announced prior to the tournament.

9.2 - Only the designated shoutcaster will be able to spectate and join all matches of the tournament. Please see the twitch link if you want to watch the games.

9.3 - Any players interrupting the games or taking a slot and not allowing participants of the match to join will be punished.

10 - Miscellaneous

10.1 - The rules are open to many different interpretations. The only interpretation which matters is the interpretation of sG Staff. We reserve the right to modify the rules at any time. This includes changes due to software updates or releases, and any other change deemed necessary by the tournament. You must understand that the rules listed are guidelines to try and ensure fair and competitive play, and they will be applied by officials based on the spirit of the game. Teams should check the rules prior to any event to ensure they are in compliance. They should also keep an eye on this thread as changes will be announced within it. You must be familiar with the current ruleset.

10.2 - Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification and/or suspension from future events.

Prerequisites

• Each team member be registered on the sG Forums 
  • Not be banned during registration or the duration of the event.
  • Have a minimum of 50 hours played on our current servers (prior to the deadline) in order to be eligible for prizes. In other words: you will be able to play but not eligible to win a prize if you do not have the required hours.

If you have this game on PS4, you can still play in the tournament! Cross-play for PS4 and PC will be available.

XBOX crossplay was just announced for Rocket League and hopefully it will be out in time for the tournament start.

Team Entry Deadline: Saturday, April 9th, 2016 - 12:00 A.M. CST

Need a team?

hi i want to sign up with my buds again trav 

do they actually need 50 hours because they don't play cs or gmod outside of prophunt

1 minute ago, Knox said:

hi i want to sign up with my buds again trav 

do they actually need 50 hours because they don't play cs or gmod outside of prophunt

Yeah, this go around I'd like for active community members to have a stab at the prizes.

sG will likely be donating the first place prizes this go around so I'd like the prizes to go to people that are active and play in the community. If sG doesn't donate the first place prizes, then I will open it to everyone/anyone like last time (just as long as they're forum members).

I'm okay with having it open to anyone (as there are advantages to that) but we got some complaints last time that people just showed up and left after the tournament was over, not to be seen again.

If the community is open to changing it, I will be too.

idk, doesn't seem fair to exclude people like that

it makes sense for things that are run for the specific games (cs/ttt events) but doesn't for a game that has no dedicated servers for people to play on

who complained about it last time?

4 minutes ago, Knox said:

idk, doesn't seem fair to exclude people like that

it makes sense for things that are run for the specific games (cs/ttt events) but doesn't for a game that has no dedicated servers for people to play on

who complained about it last time?

Oh, you mean those guys that had like 300 hours logged on our old CS:S servers that we no longer keep logs of?  I'm pretty sure those are your friends, right?

...you see the issue here Travesty?

EDIT:: Also why are you taking team signups, and not drafting (like you defended in the CSGO or DotA2 tourny proposals)?  Now that it's a game you're good at, you don't get want to get stuck with shitty randoms, do you?

3 minutes ago, Junzou said:

Oh, you mean those guys that had like 300 hours logged on our old CS:S servers that we no longer keep logs of?  I'm pretty sure those are your friends, right?

...you see the issue here Travesty?

The only issue I see is me and Junzou not on a team and signed up already. Kappa

Totally agree with trav here, Knox brings in his buddies who are extremely good at Rocket League compared to most casuals who are signing up, the events should be for people that are part of of the community, what's the point in holding events FOR the COMMUNITY if the COMMUNITY can't even win the prizes.

EDIT:: Also why are you taking team signups, and not drafting (like you defended in the CSGO or DotA2 tourny proposals)?  Now that it's a game you're good at, you don't get want to get stuck with shitty randoms, do you?

Captain's for a 3 person team for 5 minute games during a day long Tournament seems a bit unnecessary. Last time it was team entry and it ran smoothly with 0 no shows.

If it's not broken don't fix it?

Last time during team entry I got knocked out it my first two games but I still had fun. Again I'm for team entry... For the CSGO Tournament it was team entry until we got backlash from the community.

TL;DR - 3v3 rocket League Captain's Draft seems a bit unnecessary. If the community wants Captain's Draft. Then I'd be willing to change it... I just think that's a bit over done for a smaller tournament. However, nothing is set in stone.

50 hour playtime requirement should be upon announcement release. Keepo

I was thinking whether or not I should do that but it's an incentive to play. If they want to idle and get kicked, that's on them.

3 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Captain's for a 3 person team for 5 minute games during a day long Tournament seems a bit unnecessary. Last time it was team entry and it ran smoothly with 0 no shows.

If it's not broken don't fix it?

Last time during team entry I got knocked out it my first two games but I still had fun. Again I'm for team entry... For the CSGO Tournament it was team entry until we got backlash from the community.

The community is a bunch of whiny bitches, and I hope future tournaments follow the team-entry model.  Good for you.

Still didn't address the issue about people claiming unlogged hours on older or now defunct servers though.

Still didn't address the issue about people claiming unlogged hours on older or now defunct servers though.

I wasn't aware of that issue. I could limit it to our current servers but I don't think that's necessary. They have until April 9th to get 50 hours on our current servers for proof. How they achieve that prerequisite is on them.

2 minutes ago, Travesty said:

I wasn't aware of that issue. I could limit it to our current servers but I don't think that's necessary. They have until April 9th to get 50 hours on our current servers for proof. How they achieve that prerequisite is on them.

Is the server playtime really necessary at all? SMOrc 

Lol there's pros and cons to both. Last time we had it where we didn't require it. This time, we do.

30 minutes ago, Junzou said:

The community is a bunch of whiny bitches

17 minutes ago, Junzou said:

19 minutes ago, Fugner said:

There's a difference between whining and questioning if something is necessary.  Team signups make sense, because it's a team game.  Some people cried because they couldnt take the possibility that others might be better at a game than them.  The server hour requirement is there to exclude people who hang around the forums/Teamspeak who might have sunk hundreds of hours into our older servers, or to exclude sG members from playing with their non-sG friends; it's a consequence of people crying that some people in the community had friends that were better at RL than they were.  I pointed out that people could claim hours on servers that haven't been logged, not bitching because my friend Mike can't play.

So... fuck off?

whats the worst case scenario if we let people bring in their friends to play? staff wont be able to claim prizes with their stacked teams?

oh no we might give some humblebundle scraps to someones friend who has no intention of playing on our niche mod servers that run on a 10+ year old game engine

whats the worst case scenario if we let people bring in their friends to play? staff wont be able to claim prizes with their stacked teams?

oh no we might give some humblebundle scraps to someones friend who has no intention of playing on our niche mod servers that run on a 10+ year old game engine

humble bundle scraps? we aren't eGO. We literally gave away a 400 dollar graphics card in a tournament last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Junzuo made the argument last time that these tournaments are to bring in new players, but that really has never been case and most likely never will be.

These people play during the tournament and never join our servers again. During one of our more recent poker tourneys we gave away 400 dollars to some completely random guy that has never joined one of our servers once. 

I have no problem with people outside our servers playing, but I don't think they should get free stuff and never be seen again.

So how about instead of all players must have 50+ hours, at least one player on the team must have 50+ hours, and a non-transferable prize goes only to the people that have 50+ hours in the event that they win?

NOT BITCHING FUGNER, THROWING OUT IDEAS.

1 hour ago, ZachPL said:

I have no problem with people outside our servers playing, but I don't think they should get free stuff and never be seen again.

my boys played last RL tournament and we ended up winning

they want to play, don't care about prizes really

ivan just wants to beat gerald again because of how mad he got

3 minutes ago, Knox said:

my boys played last RL tournament and we ended up winning

they want to play, don't care about prizes really

ivan just wants to beat gerald again because of how mad he got

im ok with this, ivan was actually cool, pretty sure i gave him a sub on twitch