Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MistaChang

Who is the 'admin'?

What is the purpose of that account that's legend whos name is admin? 

Purely out of curiosity and didn't know who to ask...

I'm sure other people  are wondering xD

22 minutes ago, skitt said:

a automated account we use to give warnings to people. I don't believe it is used anymore with ipb4

It's still used. It makes a thread whenever someone donates. 

46 minutes ago, Moose said:

It's still used. It makes a thread whenever someone donates. 

xD that's why I don't donate anymore...  So is that like the account with admistrative settings at top level and nobody can demote?

or is that not how it works..?

12 minutes ago, Libreals420MistaChang said:

xD that's why I don't donate anymore...  So is that like the account with admistrative settings at top level and nobody can demote?

or is that not how it works..?

It's a self-aware AI now.

Better question is why are you asking questions about Junz...I mean the not totally secret backup account a staff member set up to take over sG...

9 minutes ago, Sportsteen583 said:

Better question is why are you asking questions about Junz...I mean the not totally secret backup account a staff member set up to take over sG...

What? :P

It's basically the "first user" on the forum and is created as an administrator by default. It also happens to be an account we use in the event we need external support from the IPB guys, and is the default account used for some "automated messaging" systems on the forums. In fact, before the upgrade I don't think it was possible to change the access of the admin user at all, regardless of your level of access on the forums...