Sign in to follow this  
freshstartlmao

How to properly introduce someone new to sG | Jailbreak

Reader's vote  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Did you believe this was helpful?

How to properly introduce someone to sG | Jailbreak

As a regular player on jailbreak, I tend to see a lot of newer people who don't know how to play get screamed at or disrespected by other players and sometimes higher class members. I definitely believe this is wrong as it drives them away from the community. So I am here to teach all you fellow people how to properly do so! This is aimed more at higher class members, but is also meant for anyone to read, so that they can become a more notable player.

Step 1: Make a good example of yourself: By being a good example you are well aware of the sG Jailbreak rules, which can be found in-game by typing (!rules) or by searching them up on the joinsg website. You are mature, respectful to all players, but can also be strict on things that are way out of hand. By respecting all players that means that you aren't calling a newer person or a veteran player in-game a harsh word because they did something wrong, (being strict at this point means you can raise your voice and be stern calling them out on what they did, not just blatantly disrespecting them), tell them of their wrong doing and if so give them a certain punishment and kindly tell them to read the rules.

Step 2: Help them out: If a person ask a question that is safe to answer, answer it. Unless it is something like: What is 2+2? You don't have to answer every question, but if someone asks, "What is lr?"  , just respond kindly by saying something along the lines of, "Lr is two things: Last Round and Last Request, last round is the decision on who gets lr (last request), and whoever gets lr, they can choose up to a large variety of things such as a freeday, or a warday, or a ct jday." If they have further questions, answer them, but at the same time don't take up the whole round helping them out if you are warden, if you would like to do so pass on your warden.

Step 3: Show them that this is for fun: By doing so, you are showing them that this isn't serious, and that it shouldn't be taken serious (unless mfk of course or fk). What I mean is, if someone or the person that you are directing towards is taking jailbreak as a weight on their shoulder, calm them down and lift them up, don't just make them angrier.

Step 4: Have fun and introduce them into new things: When people ask me why I play jailbreak, I simply tell them, "It is a pretty fun game and has some awesome people to meet." My best moments on jailbreak are when everyone is having a good time, so when someone isn't, do what I recommended you to do in Step 3. Introduce them to new things such as the joinsg website, or sG Bingo, hell even other game modes or games that are sG supported.

TL;DR : Don't be a dick, and have fun while also showing them the rules of the game. If you want, introduce them to new games. If the person is a bit emotional (mad or such) don't be the person to bring them down even more.

Edited by Shaymin

This is one of the better posts I've seen from anyone! Except for the pink writing D:

Very well written and grammatically correct on first read threw.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Nice post. Hello and welcome, might I ask what your in-game name is? (its probably shaymin, idk i havent seen you before)

Yeah it is Scrub. This person is definitely helpful and helps me talk to the new people when I can't get to them :P Nice job on the post. I can tell a lot of people are going to like you ^_^ 

NYEH HEH HEH!

-Papyrus

2 hours ago, Libreals420MistaChang said:

This is one of the better posts I've seen from anyone! Except for the pink writing D:

Very well written and grammatically correct on first read threw.

Says the grammar nazi Mr. Chang. Great post. I guess some of us needed a reminder to be nicer. 

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

How come I can't remember seeing you on JB? Having people like you on there really makes it a better place.

Not trying to sound like an ass with my first statement, I really do wish I meet you on the server soon. Maybe my saltiness levels will drop.

Edited by Yunki

I would like to personally thank everyone for reading this and giving me a good welcome to the forums.

One thing I ask of you is that if you could do the poll at the top of the page, it really helps me with seeing how this made you look at what I said.

If you would like, give me constructive criticism, it seems weird but I love seeing it because it helps me improve on this site. Once again thank you :D