Sign in to follow this  
ZachPL

Interest in a Rust Server

Mods  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should the server be modded?

Just now, Dakka said:

The point is to get to your friends alive without having to suicide into a bag.

Rust really isnt that hard... the map is 3k its tiny if you cant make it to your friends base then you need to reevaluate your situation its a sandbox game where the only threat besides players are animals that u can glitch and never be hit by  if you cant make it to your friends without dying or dont wanna run the risk of dying whats the point in even playing?

1 minute ago, chris said:

Rust really isnt that hard... the map is 3k its tiny if you cant make it to your friends base then you need to reevaluate your situation its a sandbox game where the only threat besides players are animals that u can glitch and never be hit by  if you cant make it to your friends without dying or dont wanna run the risk of dying whats the point in even playing?

To enjoy the game with friends? Remember that this is a "Casual Gamer's Lounge".

3 minutes ago, Dakka said:

To enjoy the game with friends? Remember that this is a "Casual Gamer's Lounge".

………………..,-~*’`¯lllllll`*~, 
…………..,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll.... 
………,-~*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.... 
……,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.... 
….;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-.... 
…..\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/………\;;.... 
…...\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*………..`~-~.... 
…….\llllllllllll,-~*…………………)_-\..*`*;..... 
……..\,-*`¯,*`)…………,-~*`~.………….../ 
……...|/.../…/~,…...-~*,-~*`;……………./.\ 
……../.../…/…/..,-,..*~,.`*~*…………….*....... 
…….|.../…/…/.*`...\...……………………)….)¯`~, 
…….|./…/…./…….)……,.)`*~-,……….../….|..).... 
……/./.../…,*`-,…..`-,…*`….,---…...\…./.... 
…...(……….)`*~-,….`*`.,-~*.,-*……|…/.…/….... 
…….*-,…….`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*……….|.,*..... 
……….*,………`-,…)-,…………..,-* `...,-*….(`-,...

31 minutes ago, Dakka said:

The point is to get to your friends alive without having to suicide into a bag.

Then whats the point of Teleporting ? just basically getting bagged over but with your items.

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

Then whats the point of Teleporting ? just basically getting bagged over but with your items.

Yes. If everyone is really against it, I'll just drop it here.

The achievement thing is cool and all, but it would be hard to prove you actually got achievements on the server without making a demo instead of screenshots.. maybe raid staff base achievement or something. Anyways, I was thinking when the server is stable and set up the way staff want it I guess we could just throw out announcements to get a ton of people on. Doesn't have to have achievements. Maybe when the experience system gets put in to play, we could do double exp for an allotted timeframe.

Edited by Velo

I like the idea of us having a Rust server. I've played on it a bit, maybe a half hour. I'm new to Rust and hopefully it'll become a bit more fun once I get it down.

Just one thing,

Oh my god, why are the frames so bad?? I heard the optimization was shit. But I'm getting 10 fps, and that's with the quality turned down to the point rocks and trees look like pixely blobs. I doubt this game is more intensive than Fallout 4.... I ran that just fine...

1 hour ago, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

I like the idea of us having a Rust server. I've played on it a bit, maybe a half hour. I'm new to Rust and hopefully it'll become a bit more fun once I get it down.

Just one thing,

Oh my god, why are the frames so bad?? I heard the optimization was shit. But I'm getting 10 fps, and that's with the quality turned down to the point rocks and trees look like pixely blobs. I doubt this game is more intensive than Fallout 4.... I ran that just fine...

That's odd.. it runs smooth for me. Running a radeon 7950 with everything turned all the way up. Maybe it doesn't like your card?

Also, I probably had 4 hours on rust when I first joined the community server. Doing pretty good now.

That's odd.. it runs smooth for me. Running a radeon 7950 with everything turned all the way up. Maybe it doesn't like your card?

Also, I probably had 4 hours on rust when I first joined the community server. Doing pretty good now.

I'm running a Nvidia 840M. I noticed my display settings showing my Intel 4600 graphics being used. I set it to use the 840 as of last night so maybe it'll be smoother today. Hopefully

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

So with all the bitching about teleports... all the issues you are describing are issues we had with minecraft thats why I said I had to look into the code to consider it. I want to see if it is possible to restrict setting a point or tping within the no build zone of a tool cupboard if you are not authorized.

1 hour ago, centran said:

So with all the bitching about teleports... all the issues you are describing are issues we had with minecraft thats why I said I had to look into the code to consider it. I want to see if it is possible to restrict setting a point or tping within the no build zone of a tool cupboard if you are not authorized.

That kinda works but what about if they build their cupboard on the second floor like you, and I turn around and make my own cupboard where I have building privilege lower on your rock then I just abuse tp that way... give tp an hour cd  or something ridiculous if youre gonna put it in imo