Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Revöker

Campus ROFLCOPTER

dGEFxMY.gif

Fucking campus's helicopter is really funny if you slay yourself while inside of it. Happened with Sixheadkyle the other night (demo is about 3-6 rounds)

Here is the DEMO → http://www.mediafire.com/download/efjf3fe9jghktf4/six_heli.dem

VIDEO→ i might make one

Quick DEMO use guide 

1.) drop the .dem file into ...\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\

2.) open CSGO

3.) type "demoui" in console

4.) click load and look for the .dem file that you just put in, then press open.

5.) watch and enjoy.

Does it still kill everyone in cell block area?

didn't have that happen, Basically what happen was who ever was inside the helicopter while the pilot or someone typed kill in console they get stuck in the last spot they were in when they killed themselves, next-round their player model spawns in cells but they are still in the same spot that they died in (bullets and knife swipes come from where they died, but they take damage where ever their player model is).  The player would even go render invs randomly sometimes if they weren't moving.  This is stuck until the player disconnects and then reconnects even if the map changes, but if they go through a map change then buttons and certain entities are invisible, and cannot be touched.

This isn't just exclusive to Campus's Helicopter, dying when controlling a game_ui entity like Crazy Asian Driver for example will allow you to still utilize the game's interface even after your death. What is unique about the helicopter game though is that it teleports the player to an inaccessible area while their camera is parented directly above the helicopter, which led to all sorts of wonderful problems in the past.

Oh, and that Helicopter can only be activated by Ts now. Although I guess CTs can still teleport with the Ts to the heli's "game area" when a T presses the button and take control of it through there. I should have set it to have the CTs explode whenever they try to hit the Helicopter button just to firmly a teach lesson, but oh well.

didn't have that happen, Basically what happen was who ever was inside the helicopter while the pilot or someone typed kill in console they get stuck in the last spot they were in when they killed themselves, next-round their player model spawns in cells but they are still in the same spot that they died in (bullets and knife swipes come from where they died, but they take damage where ever their player model is).

There's a little more to it than that.

The underlying problem with the Helicopter was that the game does not automatically revert the player's camera back to normal upon death and it needs to be set by another event, otherwise the player's camera will be stuck above the helicopter permanently. So it's not that the player is spawning incorrectly, it's that they ARE spawning fine but they can't see that because their camera is stuck in the wrong place.

It's been like this ever since the map came out for source in 2011 and I didn't know what the hell was wrong until I took a closer look at it a few weeks ago and "fixed" the issue by having triggers in the CT and T cell-blocks that disable the Helicopter interface and camera at the start of every round.

Also had the game teleport the player out of the chopper and to an explosion above the cellblock when the helicopter is destroyed....which was briefly 20x more powerful than it should have been for an hour or so last week.

Only possibility that can't be worked around was for wise guys suiciding while controlling the helicopter. Nothing that can be done about that unfortunately.