Sign in to follow this  
Breeze^.^

New Sprays Prison JB

Currently and idea that has been floating around my head is creating some new sprays on the Jailbreak server. Maybe some of these sprays could be made ingame through a map of some sort or through some simple way. Anything related to a major gaming event would also be cool. Maybe including custom sounds etc.

using this link here:

http://www.joinsg.net/store/

if you scroll all the way to the bottom you can upload a custom spray. I'd like to avoid adding sounds to the jailbreak server. Jailbreak is a server mod that requires the ability to hear microphones. A custom sound might interfere with the ability to hear the warden. I'm not sure what you mean by using a map to create sprays.

There's a way easier way to make VTF sprays

I don't know if this is advertising but here goes. I'm just trying to help people do it easier. If I get banned for like 1 week I understand

The website: http://tfsprays.com

Thanks to ctark and myself, customizable sprays are now available on ZE, JB, MG, Surf and War3!

CSGO uses .vtf files for sprays. VTF files are basically TGA files, but different enough that they aren't interchangeable.

All sprays must have width and height that are 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, or 512. They don't have to be square, but most sprays tend to be. They must also be less than 100kB. DXT1 will have a smaller file size and be lower quality, DXT5 will have a larger file size and be higher quality. If your spray has curves or transparency, I recommend DXT5. DXT3 is in between, supporting transparency but without interpolation.

The easiest way to make a VTF is to upload your image to TFSprays (http://tfsprays.com/Create/Static) and use the VTF it gives you. Make sure the vtf it produces is under 100kB! Don't put an animated gif in as we don't (yet) support animated custom sprays, so you'll just end up with the first frame of your gif.

I highly recommend you use TFSprays, but if you really want to create the vtf yourself, here are four other ways to make a VTF:

Once you are happy with your image and have saved it as a vtf, and have linked your STEAMID to your forum account, go to the store, add the custom sprays to your cart and check out (ignore the price, there's no charge), upload your file and click submit. Bingo, your spray will be on ZE, JB, MG, Surf and War3 when the map changes. Select it by choosing My Custom Spray, which should now be the first choice in the /sprays list.

Also, if you'd watched the video you would have seen that he uses TFSprays in it.

Edited by thorgot