Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV

ShadowPlay Help

I'm trying to record some gameplay on CSGO and you need a Nvidia card to make it work. However, I have a Nvidia 840 M, which isn't supported by ShadowPlay, even though my computer is more than capable of actually running it... I've heard of people in my situtaion who activated it, no problem. Anybody with experience with this? Fraps is awful and looks ugly.

I know this doesn't fully help your case, but for PC recording I would highly recommend OBS Project. It's so good because not only can you record with it, but you can also stream!

The cool thing with OBS is you can change up the settings however you want to best fit your PC specs so the recording isn't laggy.

Here's the link: https://obsproject.com/

Have you made sure you have the latest drivers installed? I had the same problem switching from my AMD card to Nvidia. I forgot to install the latest drivers.

I know this doesn't fully help your case, but for PC recording I would highly recommend OBS Project. It's so good because not only can you record with it, but you can also stream!

The cool thing with OBS is you can change up the settings however you want to best fit your PC specs so the recording isn't laggy.

I'll try it out!! If anyone else can suggest something, let me know! I still need a video editing software. Movie Maker is trash.

Have you made sure you have the latest drivers installed? I had the same problem switching from my AMD card to Nvidia. I forgot to install the latest drivers.

Yep, I have thet GForce Experience program that updates them automatically.

you can stream with shadow play. obs is pretty meh

you can stream with shadow play. obs is pretty meh

I actually haven't ever heard of "shadow play". But I've never had a problem with OBS!

I actually haven't ever heard of "shadow play". But I've never had a problem with OBS!

Other than constant recording if you want to catch any random moment

Other than constant recording if you want to catch any random moment

You can activate the replay buffer on OBS too up to 1800s backwards..

I'm trying to record some gameplay on CSGO and you need a Nvidia card to make it work. However, I have a Nvidia 840 M, which isn't supported by ShadowPlay, even though my computer is more than capable of actually running it... I've heard of people in my situtaion who activated it, no problem. Anybody with experience with this? Fraps is awful and looks ugly.

This is my first time hearing a gpu that can't use it, can use it.

I use shadowplay to record all of my game play.  The easiest interface, it can record the past 20 minutes ( I have it set to 2 minutes) and at any res/FPS/bitrate you want (within means) I use it all the time to record funny things that happened in the past rather than keep recording hoping something will happen. 

However, I don't know about your issue.  New GPU maybe if you really want it? Dxtory is also good I've heard. 

These are the gpu requirements for shadowplay

GadUaQN.png

"Shadowplay and Gamestream require a GTX Series GPU, and the GPU in your laptop is a GT series" - JOSH@Nvidia

You're probably better off just using OBS. Even if you are able to enable shadowplay the performance might not be ideal because shadowplay is hardware based.

I just looked into it a bit and as far as I can tell people are able to  "turn on" shadowplay on the 840m but it doesn't actually record anything. The green light may be on but as far as I can tell no one is actually getting it to work.  I use shadowplay myself so I don't know much about other recording software but as far as I've heard Fugner is probably right that OBS will be your best bet.