Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jodas

Match fixing bans are permanent

I agree with valve's choice to permanent ban those that were caught of conspiring with each other. There is no point in that as that would be another thing that people could point out that esports is bad. (Waste of time or money, players taking drugs to stay awake, now rigged competions)

The only issue here, is that the events Valve sponsors, are the most profitable. These players aren't banned from ESEA, CEVO, or any other specific league (at least to my knowledge). 

They are banned. The only thing is the leagues said that they would review the cases after a year. 

Statement from ESEA: As the year long bans ​are set to​ expire for those involved with match fixing, ESEA will be allowing those users to return to play Pugs/Scrims on ESEA. At this time, those players will not be eligible to play in the ESEA League on any level, ​which we will continue to review. ( https://play.esea.net/index.php?s=forums&d=topic&id=725812 )

Being banned permanently for match fixing is not unreasonable. I mean they should have known how serious it was before they did it. Just look at any other sport that involves gambling and match fixing. Most are banned from the game entirely.

I don't have any sympathy for them (including Swag).

They are banned. The only thing is the leagues said that they would review the cases after a year. 

Statement from ESEA: As the year long bans ​are set to​ expire for those involved with match fixing, ESEA will be allowing those users to return to play Pugs/Scrims on ESEA. At this time, those players will not be eligible to play in the ESEA League on any level, ​which we will continue to review. ( https://play.esea.net/index.php?s=forums&d=topic&id=725812 )

Thanks for correcting me there, but they're still able to play in other leagues that the match fixing didn't take place, and may also have a chance to return to ESEA in the future. However, as I stated, I doubt anyone will pick them up for a team seeing as they won't be able to participate in a Valve sponsored event.

Thanks for correcting me there, but they're still able to play in other leagues that the match fixing didn't take place, and may also have a chance to return to ESEA in the future. However, as I stated, I doubt anyone will pick them up for a team seeing as they won't be able to participate in a Valve sponsored event.

The matchfixing didn't take place in ESEA, it was a CEVO league match.

Basically valve said they are only banned from valve events and they aren't pressuring any of the other leagues to follow their permanent ban on them. Most of the leagues though will most likely keep them banned for atleast another year or maybe follow valve and just keep them permanently banned.

I don't really think this permanent ban is a huge deal if the leagues unban them though. Valve majors only happen like 4 times a year so they wouldn't be missing much, they would be able to participate in dreamhack, ESL, CEVO, Turner league, Gfinity, and all the other tournaments that are out there that aren't valve sponsored. Honestly if the leagues unbanned them, I could see some big teams in the NA scene picking up some of these players and just opt out of majors. They could also just form a team as 4 and pick up another player that doesn't care about winning a major.