Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slyfox

(SPOILERS) Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

-Was it a blaster bolt or explosion that hit that storm trooper? I forget but why wouldn't a gut shot bleed out even if it was a blaster? They never say it cauterizes the wound which be kind of stupid for gun to do. Not very efficient weapon to kill with.

-Pretty sure Finn is force sensitive and will take a path similar to Luke. I think Rey will take a anakin path but I don't think they will fully take her down that path.

-wouldn't be surprised if that is coming in the next one.

-But they weren't really like the old Tie fighters. Seemed like they made some changes. Maybe they combined the Tie Bomber and Tie fighter? IDK, or maybe it was just a convenient plot device. 

He got shot by Po (Name? I had a hard time hearing the guy's name) at the start with a blaster sniper. Historically, people shot with blasters in Star Wars never have bled, and this is the only one you see bleed even in this movie.

cauterizing game is weak obviously

-Non-force sensitives can't use lightsabers, it's pretty much generally accepted, how did John Boogiedawg do it?

I cede this point to Renegade's nerdfu, I stand by the rest

-Non-force sensitives can't use lightsabers, it's pretty much generally accepted, how did John Boogiedawg do it?

Not true. 

Han Solo used a lightsaber to save Luke in the original trilogy.

tumblr_lydh5a5KYI1qc823io1_500.jpg

Cut the beast open...shoved Luke in there....didn't freeze to death. 

Come at me rookie!

Not true. 

Han Solo used a lightsaber to save Luke in the original trilogy.

tumblr_lydh5a5KYI1qc823io1_500.jpg

Cut the beast open...shoved Luke in there....didn't freeze to death. 

Come at me rookie!

As a rudimentary tool != in combat, but either way, I already ceded this point, as a Mandalorian merc did use one in ihte cartoon series.

As a rudimentary tool != in combat, but either way, I already ceded this point, as a Mandalorian merc did use one in ihte cartoon series.

Fuck the cartoon!

Also General Grievous...

Not true. They can use it but it'll be less effective since they don't wield the force.

Fuck the cartoon!

Also General Grievous...

Not sure if you mean General Grievous wasn't force sensitive or fuck him or w/e but he was organic before he got rekt. He also was trained in exceptional combat prowess before he turned into a Cyborg.

If that's not what you meant by that then just ignore what I said. Topkek

Not true. They can use it but it'll be less effective since they don't wield the force.

Not sure if you mean General Grievous wasn't force sensitive or fuck him or w/e but he was organic before he got rekt. He also was trained in exceptional combat prowess before he turned into a Cyborg.

If that's not what you meant by that then just ignore what I said. Topkek

I was stating He wasn't a force user and he used lightsabers. I didn't say he wasn't trained.

name is just a shitty star wars fan

cartoon series.

once I read this I knew there was no point 

Finally, a fucking thread I can chow down on. I've been waiting to unleash my inner nerd.

So, basically all my gripes have been referred to in this thread. Just a few things I'd like to clarify on.

1.) No, there are no clones in the First Order. There weren't clones in the Empire either (early on, but not in the trilogy.) This is due to the cloning process making their clones both anatomically and mentally unstable as they hit their early 20's due to their accelerated aging process. Imagine a retirement home for millions of old clones??

2.) The reason why Kylo Ren's saber is unstable is because Sith sabers are unstable by nature. To create a fully-functioning lightsaber, you must acquire a crystal from the caves of Illum. From there, you need to meticulously assemble the saber using extreme precision. Also, you need to use the force. The Sith don't have the spectrum of the force to hold that type of patience (as you can see from Kylo's rage outbursts). However, the Sith do have lightsabers, and they don't have to go to Illum to get the crystals. Why? Because they just manufacture the crystals. However, manufactured Kyber crystals are unstable. They are prone to exploding and releasing hazardous amounts of current in their sabers. This makes the Sith sabers stronger in nature, but prone to being destroyed or in some cases exploding entirely. This is why Kylo Ren's lightsaber current arc's at times and why he had to install dual vents. Also, using a lightsaber effectively requires training, due to the nature of the blade not having any weight. All of the weight of the lightsaber is the hilt.

3.) General Grievous WAS a force user. However, he wasn't born that way. If you're interested in how he started out by being a clan chieftain to eventually becoming the General of the Droid Army, you should look it up. There's a sick comic that explains how he becomes who he is, every step of the way. I have it, it's somewhere in the basement. Can't remember the name of the comic.

Qymaen jai Sheelal (later to be known as Grievous)

byL5wYK.jpg

4.) Not really sure why lightsaber hits don't seem to do as much damage as they did in the originals. It could be argued that Kylo Ren was using cortosis armor (cortosis is a mineral that resists lightsabers, very popular among Mandalorians), however since all mention of cortosis was made non-canon, it hasn't quite been explained.

Keep in mind, I haven't read the new books yet. I'm planning on reading them this weekend, so we'll see what answers come up.

once I read this I knew there was no point 

Why? The cartoon series is good.

The going theory is that Rey had training at Luke's jedi temple but repressed the memories after witnessing the massacre. Also its pretty obvious shes Luke's daughter or something similar. And they hinted Kylo Ren hasn't actually been trained that much by Snoke since he left the jedi. I also thing Luke was guiding Rey during the fight. Plus Kylo was hurt. Its a stretch but not too much.

I like how an untrained newbie Jedi was kicking Kylo's ass and can hold her own in a saber fight. Hell, even the black dude was using the saber

Also I'll belong to a movie retrospective podcast called Now Playing. They have a free feed and a subscription feed.

Here is the free 2.5 hour critical review of the movie:

http://nowplayingpodcast.com

That big hologram projected evil dude guy at the end of the movie states that Kylo Ren is ready for his second set of training.Say's somewhere towards the end of the movie after kylo ren is hurt i'm pretty sure. 

Overall great movie. The mix of old cast with no names was in good chemistry. I wish Mark Hamil would have had more screen time, but I guess I'll have to wait for the next movie.

I thought it was okay. I didn't think it was anything to write home about though. Worth seeing in theaters but I don't think I'll give it another watch.

A lot of moments felt way too cliche, cheesy and predictable.

I love how people just keep correcting Name even though he's already dead and given up.

No shit, can we talk about how somehow they fit a second gunner seat with rear facing guns in the exact same model and size TIE fighter or how literally one person in all of Star Wars has bled from a laser blast?

No shit, can we talk about how somehow they fit a second gunner seat with rear facing guns in the exact same model and size TIE fighter or how literally one person in all of Star Wars has bled from a laser blast?

1.) Not sure about the TIE having a dual-manned cockpit. Maybe in the new generation of TIE's removed some unnecessary hardware (such as jump-drives or accelerated engines) to include a gunner seat?

2.) Blasters can be loaded with different type of 'lasers', so to speak. Some can burn, some can freeze, and some can explode. Bleeding is very common in the Star Wars universe from blaster-fire due to the armor exploding on hit, causing armor-shrapnel to puncture the skin and deal some serious damage. Similar to a grenade; the explosion isn't what kills you, it's the shrapnel.

1.) Not sure about the TIE having a dual-manned cockpit. Maybe in the new generation of TIE's removed some unnecessary hardware (such as jump-drives or accelerated engines) to include a gunner seat?

2.) Blasters can be loaded with different type of 'lasers', so to speak. Some can burn, some can freeze, and some can explode. Bleeding is very common in the Star Wars universe from blaster-fire due to the armor exploding on hit, causing armor-shrapnel to puncture the skin and deal some serious damage. Similar to a grenade; the explosion isn't what kills you, it's the shrapnel.

1.) They where obviously different or enhanced TIE fighters but I think they just changed it because they needed it as a plot device and TIE fighters are "cool" so it had to be one.

2.) From playing the MMORPG Star Wars Galaxies which is total canon... yes they can have a bleed effect. Increases DPS yo!

Star Wars Galaxies which is total canon

i'd give this comment a 5/7

Finally saw the movie for the first time today, was great and I would see it again. Probably one of the best movies i've seen recently. Needless to say, im a bit late to the party!

I watched the movie at the premiere on Thursday and I thought it was amazing! The only answer that I have for one of your questions is that actually no, after Revenge of the Sith the Empire stopped using clones for their Storm troopers.

Maybe a little bit late for this, but no, you're wrong, there are clones and humans in the storm troopers, clones grow up faster, it was a virus, or some kind of weird s**t, Cody, for example, he was encharge of a s**t load of new storm trooper and he said that they were stupid and clones were better (Don't know where, when, and how did he said it), but, maybe 70% of the clone troopers were already dead by the time of Star Wars VII.

Sorry for bad grammar