Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moose

[ARCHIVE] Jailbreak Issues

Cts going inside of vents during freeday. Have we discussed it already? if so, please quote it for me. I couldn't find it.

What do you guys think of it?

They aren't allowed to?

This happened when i was playing earlier today

We were playing jumping temptation, and some Ts survived with low health, and right after that game the warden said "now we are playing dodge the nade", after 5 sec he threw his nade and killed the Ts with low health from the previous game (killed like 3-4 Ts)

Is that allowed?

on a freeday cts shouldnt be going inside vents

There's been a lot of discussion on whether CT's can go into vents during a War Day or something of that sort. Personally I don't think CT's should be allowed to, but can they?

This happened when i was playing earlier today

We were playing jumping temptation, and some Ts survived with low health, and right after that game the warden said "now we are playing dodge the nade", after 5 sec he threw his nade and killed the Ts with low health from the previous game (killed like 3-4 Ts)

Is that allowed?

Yes, sadly. Again, people doing these things are just killwhores. They are however, different games, and the warden does not need to heal Ts after being hurt during a game. However, if you see it being done excessively by one person, feel free to intervene. Remember, fun and diverse.

There's been a lot of discussion on whether CT's can go into vents during a War Day or something of that sort. Personally I don't think CT's should be allowed to, but can they?

Cows already spoke on this, but yes CTs can go in vents during a War Day. It can be said however during the time of the LR that CTs are restricted from going certain places.

This is something Camel brought up and i've been thinking about too but

For days that are @all (like high gravity, low gravity, speed, hardcore day) do you need a vote? It does technically include all T's and even CT's.  Never have i seen this done, only when it really effects the normal playing of the game (i.e. Wardays, DTH, CT rape day, and etc)  Would this also go as far as to include days where the CT's have to use a certain weapon only, or where Warden has to say "im a pretty princess" before each order, or my "no restrictions day fa nr" (can't restrict jump, crocuh, spray, flashlight, looking, and running, DOES NOT INCLUDE MOVEMENT)

For days that are @all (like high gravity, low gravity, speed, hardcore day) do you need a vote? It does technically include all T's and even CT's.  Never have i seen this done, only when it really effects the normal playing of the game (i.e. Wardays, DTH, CT rape day, and etc)  Would this also go as far as to include days where the CT's have to use a certain weapon only, or where Warden has to say "im a pretty princess" before each order, or my "no restrictions day fa nr" (can't restrict jump, crocuh, spray, flashlight, looking, and running, DOES NOT INCLUDE MOVEMENT)

Why waste time with a vote? The process is fine with the way it is. Personally, I don't even think Wardays or DTH should have a vote because they always get accepted anyhow. If that's the person's Last Request and the Warden and Admin reasonably accept it, then let it be.

Sometimes you just have to let jailbreak be and have fun with it rather than worrying about a vote. It speeds up the process and keeps everyone entertained, as long as it's done rationally.

That's just my opinion though.

This is more of a technical issue that maybe I'm the only one having, but on some maps when I get a gun it will have a full clip and then 1 ammo in the reserve. I know to fix it you just shoot once and reload but it gets annoying doing that everything single round. This obviously isn't a drastic issue but if you have nothing else you are working on, maybe you can check it out?

From what I gather, we vote for DTH/War/Bataclan day because it's basically just T's killing CTs. Can't have an LR that's just T's mowing down CT's without a vote.

From what I gather, we vote for DTH/War/Bataclan day because it's basically just T's killing CTs. Can't have an LR that's just T's mowing down CT's without a vote.

What about giving tees a gun?

Moose hit the nail on the head here pretty hard. The one thing I will add is, last time I asked if i should ban dodge the nade and dodge the clip, people wanted it to stay. Do people believe its time for another vote?

I think dodge the nade, tazor roulette, and dodge the clip shouldn't be allowed. It's played for killwhore purposes. There are so many other ways to kill off Ts in a short amount of time like Deathcrate, TNT maze, slidecourse, etc. I'd vote on it.

Dodge the taser and taser roulette both need to be banned. I'd say another vote would be great.

I think dodge the nade, tazor roulette, and dodge the clip shouldn't be allowed. It's played for killwhore purposes. There are so many other ways to kill off Ts in a short amount of time like Deathcrate, TNT maze, slidecourse, etc. I'd vote on it.

Taser roulette is so kill whore that it only kills 1 t. Woe is me

dodge the taser isn't a thing

It was, it lasted two days.

Taser roulette means the ts can't move so less chance the warden would die.

Dodge the Taser ended in warden death at such a high percentage it was discontinued in favor of the ever more efficient taser roulette.

Taser roulette is so kill whore that it only kills 1 t. Woe is me

Taser roulette gives absolutely no chance to survive to 1 T. There is no choice made on their part before the death. Either they stay stacked and possibly die, or they move and are considered a rebel and gunned down. While it obviously isn't super kill-whorish, it really sucks for that one t. Especially when it happens near the beginning of the round.

As far as dodge the nade is concerned  we probably just need to be a little more heavy handed in punishing wardens who say dodge the nade after they already let go of the nade and then expect t's to near immediately freeze the second it goes off.

Dodge the clip...ehh, never had a problem with it, but I can understand the gripes on certain maps. If they shoot in the closet from the side on clouds there is a good chance they'll hit a high percentage of the time as there is only really a unit and a half of space in there.(By unit i mean space your model takes up.) So if they aim for the middle it's a near guaranteed hit on quite a few ts unless they are jammed in a corner.

AFAIK dodge the clip gets more kills from people not being on the back wall before the game starts.

But there is one thing about dodge the clip that needs to be watched. Some wardens will order ts to the back wall. and try to time their shooting from the side at the back wall to line up right after they start the game. That's tantamount to a fk for each t that is killed that way and should be treated as such imo.

Taser roulette gives absolutely no chance to survive to 1 T. There is no choice made on their part before the death. Either they stay stacked and possibly die, or they move and are considered a rebel and gunned down. While it obviously isn't super kill-whorish, it really sucks for that one t. Especially when it happens near the beginning of the round.

As far as dodge the nade is concerned we probably just need to be a little more heavy handed in punishing wardens who say dodge the nade after they already let go of the nade and then expect t's to near immediately freeze the second it goes off.

Dodge the clip...ehh, never had a problem with it, but I can understand the gripes on certain maps. If they shoot in the closet from the side on clouds there is a good chance they'll hit a high percentage of the time as there is only really a unit and a half of space in there.(By unit i mean space your model takes up.) So if they aim for the middle it's a near guaranteed hit on quite a few ts unless they are jammed in a corner.

AFAIK dodge the clip gets more kills from people not being on the back wall before the game starts.

But there is one thing about dodge the clip that needs to be watched. Some wardens will order ts to the back wall. and try to time their shooting from the side at the back wall to line up right after they start the game. That's tantamount to a fk for each t that is killed that way and should be treated as such imo.

Im not as opposed to dodge the clip/nade as much as I am opposed to tazor roulette. T's have somewhat of a chance to survive whereas tazor roulette is 100% death for one guy. Do away with tazor roulette and watch the other two more closely, I say.

Apparently Duke Nuke em still has the issue where some players can't see them. Idk if this is something on the players side or with the skin itself

Apparently Duke Nuke em still has the issue where some players can't see them. Idk if this is something on the players side or with the skin itself

Thanks for reporting this... We've tested it by deleting our local files and rejoining, and everything was downloaded fine, and the server (everyone that was on during the time - a full server) could see it fine. My first advice to those that are having issues with duke being invisible is to try this step and see if it fixes it. To find where duke is located navigate to the drive where you have steam installed (Generally C:/Program Files (x86)/steam). From there the path should be something like this (I'm not at a computer with steam on it so I can edit this later if it's not exact): steamapps/common/counterstrike global offensive/models/player/custom_player/legacy/

You will find a folder named duke, just go ahead and delete it and join the server. If we are still experiencing issues with him being invisible after trying this, I'd appreciate posting back here. If people on the server complain about it, point them to this solution to try first. 

On JB, sometimes a players weapon will be 10-15 ft away from their hands, seemingly floating around the map. 

Also, on some maps there is a bunch of floating guns that switch to different guns in a circle just floating around.  

On JB, sometimes a players weapon will be 10-15 ft away from their hands, seemingly floating around the map. 

Also, on some maps there is a bunch of floating guns that switch to different guns in a circle just floating around.  

There's a bug in vanilla CSGO, showing up in competitive, where the C4 shows up floating at the origin (0,0).

I have a feeling this is heavily connected to that. Hopefully when Valve fixes that it will fix this.

There's a bug in vanilla CSGO, showing up in competitive, where the C4 shows up floating at the origin (0,0).

I have a feeling this is heavily connected to that. Hopefully when Valve fixes that it will fix this.

This is kind of what I'm hoping. Although our issue is definitely more prevalent than what you see in competitive (this could be due to any number of things involving store, loadout, etc.), I'm trying to wait out putting too much effort into it until a fix is released. My guess is that it's the root of the issue, and when it's fixed, ours will as well.