Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr Pepper

CSGO unnurfed

I might be in the minority in that I actually liked the changes, or at least the philosophy behind them. Valve wanted less spray n pray and more aim n tap. I've seen a lot of complaints about first-shot accuracy nerfs and idk where that came from but the only thing that was touched was inaccuracy after shooting -- meaning first shot accuracy was never changed.

Back when being an eagle actually meant something, anyone in the upper ranks of DMG needed to learn how to one-tap people within half a second of seeing them if they wanted to rank up. If you had yet to learn this skill, you were going to have a bad time in comp or at the least going to derank. Now that the ranks have become so diluted and global is essentially just a time-sink, it seems as though the one-tap veterans of the past have all disappeared and the only voices heard are those who never did learn that skill.

I might be in the minority in that I actually liked the changes, or at least the philosophy behind them. Valve wanted less spray n pray and more aim n tap. I've seen a lot of complaints about first-shot accuracy nerfs and idk where that came from but the only thing that was touched was inaccuracy after shooting -- meaning first shot accuracy was never changed.

Back when being an eagle actually meant something, anyone in the upper ranks of DMG needed to learn how to one-tap people within half a second of seeing them if they wanted to rank up. If you had yet to learn this skill, you were going to have a bad time in comp or at the least going to derank. Now that the ranks have become so diluted and global is essentially just a time-sink, it seems as though the one-tap veterans of the past have all disappeared and the only voices heard are those who never did learn that skill.

You say all this poetic justice, but when we play comp you feed.

Fuckin liar. Can't even carry me out of GNM

You say all this poetic justice, but when we play comp you feed.

Fuckin liar. Can't even carry me out of GNM

Yo this just proves my point further about rank being a timesink. I shoot like an AK1 and I'm LE, was LEM last week.

How could you be cool with aiming at a head, shooting, and seeing your shot go 5 pixels to the right? This was a much needed change, and I'm glad the cs:go shitmunity actually got to Valve this time.

How could you be cool with aiming at a head, shooting, and seeing your shot go 5 pixels to the right?

The first shot? Long range inaccuracy with an ak was never changed, it was only recently pointed out due to the change and people associated it with the patch for some reason.

The first shot? Long range inaccuracy with an ak was never changed, it was only recently pointed out due to the change and people associated it with the patch for some reason.

I'm not talking about the first shot, but you don't think their lack of precise information on the patch determines this? They were so dodgy this whole time.

Rootbeer, I agree with you, that the idea behind it was good. It would be great if they could actually do what they intended to do (keep short range spray the same, with long range changing) but the problem was when you'd be close and your spray goes crazy (either people not aiming and hitting heads, or people aiming/controlling sprays and not hitting anything).

I will say this, I don't think the changes were as bad as most people thought they were.Given enough time, people would have gotten used to the way in which the guns behaved, as they always have. I wouldn't mind them trying to buff the accuracy of tapping very slightly, to encourage better aiming at a distance however.

How could you be cool with aiming at a head, shooting, and seeing your shot go 5 pixels to the right? This was a much needed change, and I'm glad the cs:go shitmunity actually got to Valve this time.

This reply, exactly the bullshit I was disliking, glad it is fixed though.

Main thing I guess is people din't want to waste 600 hours to learn gun patterns just so Valve can go and say "Fuck everything you wasted your time to learn, here's some RNG, good luck now fuckboy." 

But hey, what do I know? I still dont know how to shoot. 

I think people have gotten too used to the pre patch ak and m4 that this change combined with the r8 really ticked people off. If they were separate updates this wouldn't be such a big deal and valve wouldn't have had to change it back. Valve needs to learn to moderately change things instead of making a ton of changes and having people complain about all of them as a whole even if some of them are good changes.