Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ironic

Cigarette Lighter/FM Transmitter problems

I thought it would be easier just to make a video rather then explain everything on the forums.

If any of you may know what's causing this then please tell me and also how much might it costs to get it fixed.

(FYI when I said "It wouldn't come off, I meant the audio wouldn't mess up or anything. No I didn't leave the FM Transmitter in my truck because I know that can ruin the battery)

My car cigarette lighter does the same thing where you cant push it in all the way and I think it has something to do with shit getting down in there and blocking it from pushing it in all the way so you might wanna try cleaning it out. Another idea is finding a cheap cassette car player online and putting it in that slot under your radio. They make a lot of cheap cassette aux chords and the one I have works great. Good luck fixing it. 

My car cigarette lighter does the same thing where you cant push it in all the way and I think it has something to do with shit getting down in there and blocking it from pushing it in all the way so you might wanna try cleaning it out. Another idea is finding a cheap cassette car player online and putting it in that slot under your radio. They make a lot of cheap cassette aux chords and the one I have works great. Good luck fixing it. 

I honestly didn't even know there was a such thing. Yeah I looked some stuff up and wow that's way cheaper then what I've been trying to deal with. I may just go with the cassette.Thanks Mat!

My cigarette lighter won't work unless my key is turned on but is seems like your just may be fucked. Try something else in the power port. Like a phone charger or something. Should tell you if it's the transmitter or the outlet itself.

First thing that may or may not help, get a cotton swab and try to clean the crap out if your cig lighter socket and your 12v (12 volt) power socket, also clean the contacts on your transmitter's plug with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol. Don't use rubbing alcohol on the socket itself, that shit's flammable and if there's power to them it can burn. If that doesn't help, try plugging another accessory into the power socket and cig lighter socket. Still nothing? go through your fuse boxes in the truck and read the diagram for what each fuse does. They will be labeled either on the plastic shield/cover that goes over your fuse panel or in your owner's manual. If you don't have a manual, search around google for it. Should be fairly easy to find. Also newer vehicles tend to have more than 1 fuse box. Normally vehicles have spare fuses and a fuse removal tool on the fuse box covers. If you find a bad fuse, it's important that you replace it with the same amperage fuse (they can be identified by the color of the fuse, so just match the color to one of your spares). 

Oh, found these on alldata.

2iaxtht.jpg

ehaias.jpg

6hkpcy.jpg

21c5q13.jpg

Check fuse F2.17 and F2.22

If all else fails, get a new FM transmitter from walmart. They have the ones that run on two AAA batteries, they work pretty well.

giphy.gif