Sign in to follow this  
trav

POLL: Would you rather have Captains Draft or Enter as a Team for the CSGO 5v5 Tournament?

Captains Draft or Team Entry?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have Captains Draft or Team Entry for the sG 5v5 CSGO Tournament?

• Enter as a Team
    • Captains pick players in Draft

COMMUNITY VOTE

Would you rather have Captains Draft or Enter as a Team for the Tournament?

Edited by Travesty

Gonna repost what I said.

Team entry will mean less internal grief, Captain draft will end up with teammates who don't necessarily like each other or agree with each other, which will lead to even more conflict in the tournament overall.

If you're entering the tournament for the sole purpose of winning, then how will Captain draft help you? You get a couple good players, sure, but you don't get to practice and learn as a team as effectively as you would with friends you already play with, ya know? There will probably be a stomp, but you won't be mad and you won't cause even more hatred.

Idk, that's just how I see it. Someone will probably completely disagree, but I voted team entry.

Gonna repost what I said.

Team entry will mean less internal grief, Captain draft will end up with teammates who don't necessarily like each other or agree with each other, which will lead to even more conflict in the tournament overall.

If you're entering the tournament for the sole purpose of winning, then how will Captain draft help you? You get a couple good players, sure, but you don't get to practice and learn as a team as effectively as you would with friends you already play with, ya know? There will probably be a stomp, but you won't be mad and you won't cause even more hatred.

Idk, that's just how I see it. Someone will probably completely disagree, but I voted team entry.

Completely agree with Camel

I feel like there will be more issues with teams as some people would choose there team now and then at the time of the tournament, some people will no-show because they will have stuff to do. But with a captain choosing, there will be no no-shows.

I see both sides, but I would agree with Fugner. If we choose our own teams then we all know who is going to win and it's not going to be as fun for the less experienced players. Having a draft would be more fun and for the most part you are going to be drafted into a team with at least 1 or more people that you know. So I would say draft would be a better option if your goal for this tournament is having fun rather than winning prizes

I feel like there will be more issues with teams as some people would choose there team now and then at the time of the tournament, some people will no-show because they will have stuff to do. But with a captain choosing, there will be no no-shows.

If you have premade teams there shouldn't be any no-shows. You plan this stuff ahead of time and you also have a 6th player. Another thing is teams have time to practice as a team and play as a team. It would be MUCH more competitive if there were teams. 

going back to what CamelFun said there wouldn't be any flaming towards teammates and no arguments. 

If you have premade teams there shouldn't be any no-shows. You plan this stuff ahead of time and you also have a 6th player. Another thing is teams have time to practice as a team and play as a team. It would be MUCH more competitive if there were teams. 

going back to what CamelFun said there wouldn't be any flaming towards teammates and no arguments. 

I agree that premade teams will make the tournament more competitive and legitimate.  But I think that a more casual tournament is a better fit for our community. We are the "Casual Gamers lounge" 

I think either way you're going to get stacked teams as i said before. Entering with team will just cause less people griefing i.e. if I were to get stuck with nerd or marine it would end up with them griefing most likely or people just don't show up because they don't like their team. Either way i don't care honestly i think its a competition that should be played for the fun and not for the monetary prize.

I'm pre-making my own team of friends but tbh I'm going in with a casual attitude and I'm sure everyone else is. This tourney is all about fun with prizes as an extra is how I see it. Pre-made teams are the way to go -- if you have problems finding a team, the Looking for Team thread is a great way to reach out; I got two invites within an hour of posting.

I dont know if any else agrees with me but I am going to join this tournament for fun so I dont think griefing should really be a problem since this is not competitive gameplay where stats are affected, maybe im trusting humanity a bit too much in this one but I say draft pocking would be pretty interesting. Plus it also gives a more fair chance to new players or noobs who cant aim like me :V since 5 people who are actually good at the game could just take the tournament over, but im cool with both of the option. Im  gathering a team of gold novas already so be ready >:V

I agree that premade teams will make the tournament more competitive and legitimate.  But I think that a more casual tournament is a better fit for our community. We are the "Casual Gamers lounge" 

"Casual Gamers Dramatic Community" 

Voted for captains, as that will create more conflict within our homosexual members. 

I assumed this vote was for future tourney's it'd be kinda silly to change it for this one after 2 team's have already submitted rosters because now someone might wanna troll and just pick apart the submitted teams 

I assumed this vote was for future tourney's it'd be kinda silly to change it for this one after 2 team's have already submitted rosters because now someone might wanna troll and just pick apart the submitted teams 

eh.. Maybe. If it goes to captains, I won't be playing. I wasn't even planning on it even with the team thing, but Trav asked me to. I'm sure there's others that are the same way. They were asked by friends to come play in the tourney, and the only reason they say yes, it because it's on a team with friends. To be honest, I'm not a fan of dedicating an entire weekend to play. I have school, work, and a wife, so my weekends are pretty important to spread my time equally. 

Anyways, it really doesn't matter. You're not going to make people happy no matter what you do. There's people that think it's unfair to have teams because you'll have a few really good teams. Then there's people who hate draft pick, because you get one, maybe two good people stuck with people who are bad...

Also,

You clearly haven't been around for past tournaments. Literally is the exact opposite. When friends are relying on you, and you say you'll be there, you tend to make the time. On the flip side, if I get put on some random shit team that has no chance at winning anyways, I'm not going to feel bad missing a match.

I think for some of them you should bring a team and some tournaments you draft BUT...

Foe the people who want to play that can't make a team there should be a little draft for them.

Because for some people it is hard to make a team.

Edited by Tacky

We were trying to get less no-shows and having people bring in their friends that play on the server, but most of you guys clearly prefer having the last system so we might as well do that.

Thank you all your input

Seeing as how over 60% of you would like to see Captains Draft, we will return back to that system.

As most of you have mentioned, there are pros and cons to both.