Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlackJesus

Headphones?

I need new headphones soon and I'm not sure what kind of headphones to get or what kind of headphones are good/bad. Maybe someone can give some suggestions on which I should get? Trying to find headphones that are under 150$.

Sennheiser HD 598 SEs were on sale yesterday on Amazon. Probably will be on sale on Monday for under $100. Probably the best headphones you can get for that price. I have the 558s which are very similar (minus some foam changes which affects the bass). The special edition of the 598s are black and look really really nice.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Sennheiser HD 598 SEs were on sale yesterday on Amazon. Probably will be on sale on Monday for under $100. Probably the best headphones you can get for that price. I have the 558s which are very similar (minus some foam changes which affects the bass). The special edition of the 598s are black and look really really nice.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

yes

I know 598s are really good, but I think you should know these headphones don't have any noise cancelling which kind of makes it hard to listen with any background noise.

I personally have them.

I love my PC360, which is pretty much the 598's with a cloth headband support and a microphone, and i love the 598s (Ivory/wood grain here). I'd recommend getting a DAC/AMP like B-cock #38 said. Plus, there's a third party cable with an inline mic attachment that sounds just as good as my PC360's mic.

Sennheiser HD 558 would be worth your money. around $100.00

Sennheiser 363D Would be the best choice in my opinion but if you want to pay the extra $115.00 (215.00)

I'm also in the market for a new headset and had some questions about the 558s/598s.

I'm looking for a pair to replace my Plantorincs RIG headset that was used both for gaming and music. It had two different cords, one had an inline mic that I used for around the town audio, and one with a boom mic that I used for gaming.

Both the Sennheiser options look splendid and I'm sure they sound great; but those who use them what do you use for a mic? Do you have a seperate mic set up? That's my biggest issue.

I use a shitty desktop mic

I know camel uses the antlion mic, and swears by it

another good option is the classic zalman mic, its cheap, as well as pretty good.