Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noah

ISIS attacks on Paris, state of emergency

After the killing of a high ranking ISIS leaders by an overnight air strike, ISIS opens fire on Paris, killing many and taking some 100 hostage in a theatre. Paris has declared a state of emergency, borders closed and people off the streets. Is this really what our world has come to? It's sad.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/explosion-shootout-reported-in-paris-1447450450

After the killing of a high ranking ISIS leaders by an overnight air strike, ISIS opens fire on Paris, killing many and taking some 100 hostage in a theatre. Paris has declared a state of emergency, borders closed and people off the streets. Is this really what our world has come to? It's sad.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/explosion-shootout-reported-in-paris-1447450450

There is no confirmation that it is/was the ISIS. The french presidente said that they know who did it, but they didn´t say who did it yet.

There is no confirmation that it is/was the ISIS. The french presidente said that they know who did it, but they didn´t say who did it yet.

Well who else would it be? The ISIS leader gets killed then a series of attacks occur.

Well who else would it be? The ISIS leader gets killed then a series of attacks occur.

There are enough possibilities of who could have done it. You shouldn´t just assume stuff without any prove or statement.

Correlation != Causation

Obama said he wouldn't speculate because of ongoing events(Hostage situation) and the dangers that could possibly be caused by speculating at this point. I've read one report that a gunman yelled ALLAHU ACKBAR before opening fire but it hasn't been confirmed by a second source.

Sensationalism during and in the wake of tragedies is what causes rash (and often incorrect) decisions. Everyone should wait and watch whats going on while waiting for French Officials(Not the media!) to do their own investigation and communicate with their allies.

Don't jump to conclusions.

Let us remember that everything that happened, only occurred a couple hours ago. There are no confirmed reports on who is behind this attack. There are some eye witness testimonies surfacing. For example, I listened to a reporter who was inside the music hall which was attacked. He said that neither of the attackers who stormed in with guns and started firing, said anything. Another report that I saw on the internet, claimed that one of the attackers yelled "Allah Akbar" before opening fire. I tend to believe the actual witness who was in the thick of it. 

This is a really tragic event and I hope people behind it, will be found and put to justice. For now my prayers are with the victims of these attacks. 

Yeah, because attacks of this scale are planned and implemented in less than 24 hours.

Without sound too much like I am wearing a tin foil hat... Some believe they have sleepers in several countries with plans already laid out of common attacks that can be modified slightly if need be but the general attack was already planed and practiced. 

Ok take off the hat... I'm not sure if they are that organized but it does make a little bit of sense since if you wanted to plan an attack at a specific event it would be harder to plan and get people in position without raising flags with the intelligence agencies. By having generic plans and sending people into countries nowhere near big events it would be easier to get them in and have them wait. 

France has a history of being at the forefront of civil liberties and change for the better. Today is a shining example of what those lost in the past are willing to do to stop the future.

France, Paris, they will stand strong. They have faced much more devastating crisis in their time, and they always pull through. I have no doubt France and it's allies will outlast the savage nature of their attackers once more.

Liberté, égalité, fraternité

I pray they aren't ISIS. I'm tired of being labeled a terrorist because I'm Muslim. These pigs give the wrong message and prove to be more cancerous with every passing day. They don't reflect our teachings. On another note, why hasn't security been stepped up after the Charlie Hebdo attacks? You'd think it'd be still pretty tense there. This could have been caught or at least slowed to save lives. Currently huddled around the TV with my family, praying for all those affected.  

I pray they aren't ISIS. I'm tired of being labeled a terrorist because I'm Muslim. These pigs give the wrong message and prove to be more cancerous with every passing day. They don't reflect our teachings. On another note, why hasn't security been stepped up after the Charlie Hebdo attacks? You'd think it'd be still pretty tense there. This could have been caught or at least slowed to save lives. Currently huddled around the TV with my family, praying for all those affected.

I read a quote from one of France's defense officials that this couldn't have been stopped unless France was a full fledged police state.

Do you think that Heads of State are willingly going to let their own people die because a few assfucks and shitstains of humanity think their religion is more important than other people's lives?

They wake up every day having to think "Is there something I can do more?". Don't act like the government is simply incompetent in protecting its own people.

is paris going to nuclear bomb that place

Go fuck yourself, 150 people are dead and you make a joke.

Right now, I don't care who did it.. I just feel so bad for all those involved. This is a huge tragedy...

ayylmao

You're joking right? You're an idiot. What if your family was in Paris, how would you feel? Not knowing if my aunts are safe, it isn't very fun.

yes, very bad humor, but im sorry. I sincerely fucked up and im a fucking idiot. many things are wrong with me but, my prayers are to France and the families that have been effected