Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Name

Blade and Soul beta opinions

Ok, point by point

Character Creation

Fucking awesome. Loved this part, it lets you make more ridiculous characters than any other MMO. My beta character is about 12 feet tall with pencil thin limbs, black guy with a pink afro. 10/10

Combat

11/10, plays like an MMO version of Devil May Cry.

Art

Probably my least favorite part. This shit is too weabo, even for my tastes, and I'm someone who watches a fair share of anime. 3/10

Interface

This is a low bar but the best interface I've ever seen in an Asian MMO. It's got its flaws, especially in explaining how exactly your skills work and combo, but once you get a hang of the system it's very easy to use. 7/10.

Challenge

Only run the first dungeon so far at level 20 but I was able to pretty easily solo the whole thing (excluding the last boss, but that was only due to an unblockable 1-hit KO move that requires a party member to interrupt as it stuns you). This isn't the most faith inspiring thing for difficulty. The mobs seem to have very wonky AI that can't deal with stealth at all. Of course, the game probably ramps up in difficulty in the higher levels, as the difference between level 10 and 20 content is pretty large. 8/10

PvP

This will probably be the first MMO to ever drag me into the PvP. It's like a damn Soul Caliber game but faster paced, with more interesting abilities and counters. A little rock-paper-scissors from what I've seen, that's the only complaint I'd have. 9/10

Monetization

Cash shop is pay2convenience, allows you to shorten grinds but not directly buy gear. 7/10, not the worst I've seen but certainly not the best.

Overall very solid game, looking forward to putting more time in when I know my character won't be wiped.

MhOP3SN.jpg

beating_a_dead_horse_by_pjperez.jpg

you forgot to add a picture of your character

516a267a8dbe2b4a6b9940b4cf2a2542.png

i am infinite

i am eternal

and i put some asias on my face

5e8052cb0ebef4dd0e74d8aa3633ed41.png

money was easy as fuck to make on JP BnS with my warlock. i was getting like 2g for the warlock class quests lmao

That reminds me, even though warlocks aren't in the NA version yet, their weapons sure as fuck are. Every time a player is trying to get their class specific weapon and a warlock one drops, the grief is hilarious

money was easy as fuck to make on JP BnS with my warlock. i was getting like 2g for the warlock class quests lmao

you get like 3 silver per quest at level 40+ rip

you get like 3 silver per quest at level 40+ rip

i played warlock and assassin, warlock gave me a fuck ton. jimmy played a bm and didnt get as much gold as me. so it might just be warlock class quests? idk

i played warlock and assassin, warlock gave me a fuck ton. jimmy played a bm and didnt get as much gold as me. so it might just be warlock class quests? idk

prob the warlock class quest, most I got from a quest so far is about 32 silver from pvp dailies