Sign in to follow this  
azile0

Image of God

God was created for moral support. Myself being a Catholic, I think God is a symbol to the human race as a reason for thier existence. God was created before science was worth crap so they had no reason to disbelieve the Bible. At the time the Bible was writen God was considered bad. It was in rebelion of lacking faith thier moral supporting god symbol. If there is a god he should proof his existence his creation so that it would follow the right path in life. All the different religions in all time have had different symbols of a greater power guiding them through life.

So it's your choice of moral support you want not greater power.

I don't FLAT-OUT deny God, I just deny the fact that he is the image of a man. And I feel it hard to 'pray' to a God, when all the other times (and other people) prayers don't get answered. This would be a better world if God answered prayers, and gave miracles.

He does. Just that the answer isn't always yes.

I don't FLAT-OUT deny God, I just deny the fact that he is the image of a man. And I feel it hard to 'pray' to a God, when all the other times (and other people) prayers don't get answered. This would be a better world if God answered prayers, and gave miracles.

Isn't it like in the Bible somewhere that God created man in the "image of himself"

Stating your beliefs are fine, but do not trash other peoples belief or religion.

Personally, I believe Religion was created as a moral and ethic guideline to live your life, and I believe in God. That doesn't nescassarily mean that I take the Bible word for word, but I do believe in God.

Seriously Mayo don't be a dick. I love how athiests or agnostics or what ever always start this shit about religon.

But, I don't know the scripture, but it says that no one truly knows what god looks like, but we were created in his like, so just think of every race and make a neutral one.

Isn't it like in the Bible somewhere that God created man in the "image of himself"

There ya go.

Btw, I didn't really mean agnostics, I have met a handfull who are dicks, but not too much.

Oh sure, he gets the props, since ya know I posted it first, but no one ever reads my posts. Makes sense.

You get props just for being cool. He's not at that level yet, so you gotta throw him a bone every once in a while, y'know?

Guest Fohacidal

Damn I was late to this one, everyone else countered it pretty well...

Sorry, does the truth hurt?

And Foh I do accept your beliefs, and thats fine for you. But I don't agree with them.

Ok dont agree with them, but like Jinn said dont be a dick about it

Guest Fohacidal
I'm not going to post on this one, I am a vegetarian, and I perfer not to eat everyone's POVs alive. ^_^

You're welcome theists, you're welcome atheists.

Its because all you eat is 3 servings of leafy green FAIL everyday

QUOTE(azile0 @ May 19 2008, 09:57 AM)

One - White men are a minority on this planet. We really only exist in America, Europe, and Canada. Blacks / Mexicans / Asians / Africans / Japanese / etc.. take up much more of the population, and portraying God as an old white man just seems like idolism, which is against part of their faith.

Because whites are clearly the best race, duh.

i cant beleive you guys just overlooked what junzou said rofl!

QUOTE(azile0 @ May 19 2008, 09:57 AM)

One - White men are a minority on this planet. We really only exist in America, Europe, and Canada. Blacks / Mexicans / Asians / Africans / Japanese / etc.. take up much more of the population, and portraying God as an old white man just seems like idolism, which is against part of their faith.

Because whites are clearly the best race, duh.

i cant beleive you guys just overlooked what junzou said rofl!

I thought it was just my imagination.

but yes epic 1 0 1

Forced to disagree. Evolution states that humans evolved from a form of lesser Homos. I don't think God populated the Earth for about 4 Billion years before getting around to creating humans. But I am really done talking about this, as I don't want every Christian / Catholic in the Clan disliking me.

Forced to disagree. Evolution states that humans evolved from a form of lesser Homos. I don't think God populated the Earth for about 4 Billion years before getting around to creating humans. But I am really done talking about this, as I don't want every Christian / Catholic in the Clan disliking me.

Don't start a debate if you can't finish it.

Of course you would disagree with that statement because you don't believe in the Bible. You can't prove his existence nor can you prove he doesn't exist.

If the God from Christianity does exist though, he did craft humans in his image.

Like I've said before, anyone who thinks they know how the world started couldn't be more wrong. It's simply belief.

Guest Fohacidal

It still is called the THEORY of evolution mate

There is no proof to everything. Who knows if god is not true. But i choose to believe in him. It does not matter if you choose to believe in things or not. Its what it does to you matters..

i seriously think that i just copied off of someone there... but maybe not. so sorry if i did copy someone saying the exact same thing but using different words

I really hate it when atheists start threads like this, its just redicouless because most people here are in a religion, please stop posting when you already know it will start a flame war