Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nothing_but_fail

What should the United states do about the situation in Syria?

No offense, but Isn't that exactly what you're doing? You're effectively just saying "Shut up, I know more than you because I've been there and I don't need no liberal facts to back up my ideas."

Just being in Iraq doesn't give you an absolute understanding of the geopolitics in the region.

Amen.

Because watching the news isn't doing research. You're just spouting propaganda. If you don't do research and make statements as fact, you should expect to be called on it.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Just because I didn't site sources of my claims doesn't mean I haven't done research over it. It's strange of you to assume that I haven't done research simply because my opinion differs from yours, especially since you haven't provided any research either.

I also didn't make any statements, so what would I provide research on? :) in high school you'll learn about citing sources. ;)

Also, how am I assisting propaganda, I mentioned historical facts. I said nothing about isis aside from learning from our pasts. This is why history classes are important kids (even though they're incredibly boring)

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

ok on a pc now. Obviously im trolling a little bit and picking on Kim, but seriously guys.. legitimately do some research (cnn/foxnews aren't research) this shit has all happened before and when we say "isis isn't a problem" based on what could anyone possibly make this statement? it's ridiculous. isis is clearly a problem, they kill people for no reason aside from not siding with them. Guess what, none of you guys follow their beliefs, they would kill every one of you and your families. if you think that's not a problem, i say you're an idiot.

I didn't make statements about ISIS directly because i'm too lazy to cite sources (straight up) and unless you post factual info with support it's just bs. as for being in country, i've not been to Iraq,and i agree it doesn't give you full insight to the political climate there. However, killing people for disagreeing with your religious views isn't some new thing isis brought to us. hell, christians invented murder for non-belief (and we wiped out quite a few muslims while doing it) 

Should we intercede, who knows. If my neighbor is killing his wife, i'm going to go do something about it. what makes the people there being murdered any less of a neighbor? it's about doing what's right, in my opinion. (realistically, idgaf because im ok with 75% of iraq being wiped out) either way, back to the original point

ISIS isn't as big of a threat as people make them out to be.

literally the only people saying this are liberals who would rather make me pay to give someone money for crack rather than help people in another country. so either the research into this came from liberal media or... 

You're once again resorting to insults. Implying I'm not knowledgeable about history.

If you want to win arguments this isn't the way to do it. I'm going to avoid responding any more because I don't imagine you will do anything other than personal attacks.

I believe it's pretty clear to people viewing this conversation what is going on. I'll let them make their own assumptions.

Now that you've actually stated your point I can agree with you a bit more, but holy shit that was getting annoying. Obviously ISIS is one of the biggest threats to national security out there, but I think it's important we make calm calculated steps towards solving this problem. I want to go back to the days when Congress declared wars rather than Presidents throwing out executive orders every time they got the chance. Claiming liberals don't care about foreign lives is just outright wrong, I'm concerned with just how many civilian casualties we have seen in these conflicts. Of course some civilian casualties are to be expected in a war against terrorists who hide among the locals, but that's the main reason I am hesitant to say we should go in and wipe out ISIS.

If we were to go in, the good thing is they actively claim territory and it's obvious what is there's and what isn't. Lots of media on both sides is going out to spew propaganda, but I get very irritated seeing propaganda that's made against an entire group of people. I despise Islam, and many other religions for that matter, but I don't think it's right to target the followers as a whole rather than the religion itself and it's fundamentalists. I would support a full war against ISIS only if it's done with a large coalition of both Western and Arab nations. If we're going to try to give this war against terrorism another go, we better do it right.

i actually have no clue what you're talking about. if you took my statement above as a personal attack on your knowledge of history, you're just ridiculous. :)  

Kim's final point is the actual issue everyone. Don't assume anything, if something is serious enough to discuss be diligent and look into it. Don't just repeat what you hear parents or the news say.  Assumptions are bad.

Kim's final point is the actual issue everyone. Don't assume anything, if something is serious enough to discuss be diligent and look into it. Don't just repeat what you hear parents or the news say.  Assumptions are bad.

When I said making assumptions, I meant about you and I, not the Syria situation. I didn't expect everyone who read these comments to come out and interview us, so are bound to make some assumptions.

middle schooler with liberal parents who didn't serve their country identified.

remember back when people said al qaeda wasn't as much of a threat as the CIA made them out to be? sure wish i could go see the twin towers...

remember back when people said the taliban wasn't a problem and instead of taking them out, we supported them... 

let's stop being retarded and learn from our past.  also, if you're under like 16.. do you even really have a valid opinion on this? Luckily only one sG kid has to write a paper about it (for what is likely a liberal teacher who would rather plant flowers for russia than do anything against them)

Grahams_Hierarchy_of_Disagreement.svg_.p

Don't assume anything, if something is serious enough to discuss be diligent and look into it. Don't just repeat what you hear parents or the news say.  Assumptions are bad.

Because watching the news isn't doing research. You're just spouting propaganda. If you don't do research and make statements as fact, you should expect to be called on it.

legitimately do some research (cnn/foxnews aren't research) this shit has all happened before 

unless you post factual info with support it's just bs. 

disagreeing with your religious views isn't some new thing isis brought to us. hell, christians invented murder for non-belief (and we wiped out quite a few muslims while doing it) 

Sometimes I feel like you're making our points for us.

chance of driz being a nsa shill: 78%

source: third eye meditation

i did install a backdoor for the nsa on every box we have :(

The situation is this: Innocent people are being killed in Iraq/Syria.  These people cannot fight back, as they are not trained and do not have the proper supplies.  However, is this the US' war to fight? I don't want to go in and place thousands of troops there, but it may be the right thing.  Should we help them by giving them supplies with running the risk of them turning on us? Should we let ISIS just take over and terrorize the innocents? Should we just bomb ISIS? Ground troops?